HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 11:37 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Well, I have no time to update this city. I've been trying to get a job so I've been pretty busy and I took my camera yesterday to get fixed sause I sat on the flash!! It's the big, black kind of cameras so the flash pops up and my dumbass sat on it.

At least I got skinny jeans yesterday and that's all that matters. I like skinny jeans!!! Another good thing is that I'm joining 1 or 2 environmental groups to save Washington state forests. Oh, god, + today I got an application for snowboarding trips every Tuesday and I plan on doing it. And finally, I might turn in my application today and if I get a job I only have to pay 3/4 (a little over 1,200 bucks) of the computers cost which now I know for sure I'm getting!!

I will also have to work on buildings before I update or the city will look empty.

Anyways, the point is that I won't update the city for a while. Just thought I'd let you know since I said I would update it last Tuesday.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 2:14 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Wii

Just a small sneak-peak of the North Financial District.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 5:51 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Schweet!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 6:11 AM
Desert Dweller

Ahh cant wait to see moree.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 7:15 PM

wow, very nice, i like the new buildings, and might that curved one be a meme i am seeing?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2007, 7:26 PM
World Machine

I love that curved bottomed building.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 12:33 AM

whoa,cool. I reminds me of a hybrid Toronto and NY. I agree with patrick,I want more!

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 4:03 AM

what happended to the airport
"A couple of years ago, a couple of geniuses put on something called Woodstock Festival. It was a tragedy. Groups recognised that they could go into larger cattle markets, play less time and make more dollars. What they've done is to destroy the rock industry."- Bill Graham

Old Posted Dec 13, 2007, 4:17 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Oh, I'll work on it but I've discovered that it's not easy making an airport in Sketchup.

Thanks for the comments. But Austin you basically got it right. I tried to make it a mix of Toronto high-rises with New York ones. I have other cities included but it's mostly those two.

I've been working on a house lately which is really really detailed so I might not update this city in a while. I also have school, friends, WII, and I just got my camera back so I'm excited to take photos. Oh, I found out that just to fix the darn flash in my camera its gonna cost 300 bucks. Hopefully Santa will be nice with me this Christmas.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 12:32 AM

oh yea ive done some and
a) they were horrible
b) it wasn't easy

Slightly off-topic were did you get your signature from?
"A couple of years ago, a couple of geniuses put on something called Woodstock Festival. It was a tragedy. Groups recognised that they could go into larger cattle markets, play less time and make more dollars. What they've done is to destroy the rock industry."- Bill Graham

Old Posted Dec 14, 2007, 12:50 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

My signature is from a song a Mexican group sings. The bands name is Molotov and the song is called Yofo. I think it's awesome since they whistle throughout the song and speak in the "F" language. I really like listening to music from other countries specially Latin-America and Europe(Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, and England (like the Klaxons which are from England).

Old Posted Dec 15, 2007, 2:56 PM

italian bands are scary

Old Posted Dec 23, 2007, 9:33 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Boring Stuff

So I haven't updated the city in a long time. I don't have enough to update it with pictures so I'll update it with boring writing.

West Point Law:
In 1948 the city was under control by the United States for the first time. The U,S, got control of the island after signing a treaty to keep the island for 101 years then return it to Mexico in 1949.

Law was a big issue at the time of the treaty but both countries finally came to an agreement. The island would share laws from both the U.S. and Mexico making it a mix of laws.

The United States agreement:

1. The city would be under control of the U.S. for 101 years.
2. The city would be always be a free-trade city which meant both countries had to agree on costs of financial trade and shipping trade.
3. In case one of the countries came under communist control the island would remain capitalist.
4. In case of war the city would serve as a shelter where people from the U.S. could go and stay.
5. Taxes would be controlled by the U.S. until the island came under Mexican control.
6. Money made by the city in those 101 years or ruling by the U.S. would go to the U.S.
7. The U.S. Military has the right to have offices in the island and has the right to recruit in public places (not including schools).
8. The U.S. will get 10% of all the money the city makes after the city comes under control of the Mexican government.

Mexico's agreements:
1. The city will go under Mexico's control in 1949 after the 101 years of the U.S. control are over.
2. The government has the right to use religion as a way of choosing laws.
3. Money made after the switch would go into the Mexican Government.
4. The Mexican Military has the right to recruit in public places and have major offices on the island.
5. The island serves as a sanctuary in case of attack to mainland Mexico.
6. The government has the right to speak about religion in public schools.
7. The United Mexican States (the real name of Mexico) will get 90% of the money the island makes after the city comes under control of the Mexican government.
8. Abortion or any type of human experimentation is prohibited in the island(no stem cell research, blah, blah, blah).

Both countries:
1. People born in the island have residency in the U.S. and in Mexico allowing people to travel to both countries and expand economic relations as well as immigration relations.
2. Schools would be under control of both countries for the rest of the islands existence.
3. Taxes will be agreed on by both countries.
4. The city will be switched back to the U.S. only if Mexico suffers serious economical damage, governmental, and/or is under a major World War.
5. The island will be home to the North American Peace Center (which is similar to the U.N. but it only includes North American Countries).
6. The city cannot have government offices from both countries that could interfere with the cities economy or peace unless Mexico or the U.S. comes under attack or serious war (basically no national tax buildings, no headquarters for any government group from Mexico or the U.S.). Only government offices related to the islands economy will be able to have offices in West Point.
7. The city will have a different Tax system than that one of the U.S. and Mexico.
8. The city will have support from both the U.S. and Mexico in it's scientific research and both countries will share glory over technological advances developed in the island.
9. Hospitals and health-care will be under control of both countries.
10. Criminal control, jails, and police will be different from the U.S. and Mexico but funded by both.
11. People have to right to vote for U.S. and Mexican presidency.
12. City schools will teach in English but Spanish is required to graduate from High-School.

There are many more laws/rules/agreements but these are some of the main ones.

Some of my rules might not make sense. I'm just a teen! I don't know much about politics. If you read the whole thing you must be B O R E D!!

Old Posted Dec 24, 2007, 12:16 AM

hey the NAPC sounds like a moral version of the U.N.!

Old Posted Dec 25, 2007, 2:25 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Hells Block

Update!

So today I decided to update on the tallest block in all of Latin America. The block is home to 3 important international offices. The buildings are Pemex La Corte Island Offices, which controls the oil in La Corte and almost half of the oil in mainland Mexico. La Corte Tax Building which is pretty big considering that the island is tiny compared to other places. The last and tallest building is the Tri-Financial (not T.R.I. but Tri as in Triangle) World Headquartes which is the second biggest bank in Mexico (country) and is known for scams, fraud, and inflation of interests. All these powerful and important companies in this one tiny block give the block he name "Hells Block," "Titans Home," and "Hell on Earth."

Block Layout:

Tri-Financial:
The second biggest bank in Mexico is Tri-Financial which is headquartered in West Point, La Corte Island. The company started business in 1949 when La Corte was given back to Mexico's control and grew to be the second largest bank in Mexico. The company has been famous for high interests at times, huge debts, and fraud. The company built the TFWHq (Tri-Financial World Headquarters) Tower in 1988 and only used 66% of the building at the time of it's construction. Eventually the company grew occupying the whole structure and development for 2 more towers might be on the way.

Pemex La Corte Offices:
Since Pemex is a government owned company the company decided to just build regional headquarters which was fine with the treaty. The building is mostly owned by PEMEX but some smaller companies lease the building. The building was finished in 1986 a year after the next to Tri-Financial WHq. This company is also famous for bad things like monopoly over oil in Mexico, overpriced oil barrels, and fraud. The tower has an observation deck since it was the tallest tower in the city at the time.

La Corte Tax Building
The tower was finished in 1998 and is the smallest out of the towers in "Hells Block." The tower is owned by the La Corte IRS. The completion of this tower gave the block the nicknames "Hells Block" and "Hell on Earth." We all hate taxes so there is no other reason other than taxes for the hating the building.

Gallery:
The tops of the towers in Hells Block:

Tax building next to the Tri-Financial Tower. PEMEX offices are in the background:

Three towers:

From a residential tower next to Hells Block:

Gotta go but I'll add floor and height info later!!

Old Posted Dec 25, 2007, 4:10 AM
Posting Quick Reply

damn, i love it!

Old Posted Dec 26, 2007, 7:09 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

So, I just got Photoshop Elements 6. I was thinking if I should use textures instead.......should I?

I would still make window-by-window buildings but I would paint the windows with textures. Since I have a camera I can also take pictures of buildings here in Seattle and wherever I go for the walls of buildings like tiles, bars, blah, blah blah. So, textures or no textures?

Old Posted Dec 26, 2007, 7:16 AM

uhhh,Textures!

Old Posted Dec 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
nuttin

No !!!!!!!!

Old Posted Dec 26, 2007, 11:58 PM
World Machine

That really looks awesome Alek. I love all the buildings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup