HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 7:51 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Checking In On The High Line's Final Span, To Open This Fall
Thursday, March 6, 2014, by Hana R. Alberts

[Photo by Timothy Schenck, courtesy of Friends of the High Line, via Chelsea Now.]

Quote:
With the High Line's third and last phase set to open this fall, Chelsea Now got a sneak peek of its progress. As reported, the general vibe will be rustic—overgrown, wild, not-so-manicured. (A giant, verdant bowl o' plants is also in the cards.) Along Phase III, officially called High Line at the Rail Yards, walkways will be lined by untamed horticulture that mimics the passageway's past. It curves west at 30th and Tenth Avenue, and then right at Twelfth Avenue, heading north into the heart of Hudson Yards. According to Friends of the High Line director Jenny Gersten, plantings, many of them native to New York, will be most striking in the westernmost part of the stretch, "where visitors can see the self-sown landscape that grew after the trains stopped running in 1980." The groundbreaking happened in the fall of 2012, the pathways' planks are partially laid out, and the whole thing is on track to open later this year, as planned.

[A view from the end of Section II at 30th Street. Photo by Scott Stiffler, courtesy of Friends of the High Line, via Chelsea Now.]

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Mar 17, 2014, 3:43 AM

Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 2:58 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 540 West 26th St | 135 FT | 9 FLOORS

Have you heard about the new Morris Adjmi-designed High Line gallery?
By: Joyce Chen MARCH 20, 2014

Image: The Manhattes Group

Quote:
Everything is coming up luxury condos along the High Line, but fear not, art enthusiasts — Morris Adjmi is designing a new eight-story commercial building at 536-540 West 26th Street.

The 135-foot-tall structure will clock in at approximately 129,125 square feet, with gallery space on the first to second floors and a community facility on the third to fourth floors. Offices will occupy the fifth through ninth levels, and naturally, there will be a roof deck.

The developer is Savanna Fund, according to the plan exam application filed today.

The building will rise on a 200-foot-wide lot. The property, which consists of a two-story retail building at 540 West 26th and parking lot at 544 West 26th, went into contract in August 2013, according to public records. The parcels came with about 130,000 square feet of development rites, according to the The Manhattes Group listing.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2014, 9:54 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 515 West 29th St | 134 FT | 11 FLOORS

Bauhouse Group to convert 515 West 29th Street to condos
Air rights deal also enables major expansion at commercial property near High Line
Julie Strickland March 26, 2014 04:45PM

515 West 29th Street

Quote:
The Bauhouse Group plans to turn a High Line-adjacent commercial building into a residential property — and a gut-renovation toward that end is already underway.

Bauhouse closed on the 30,000-square-foot, six-story property at 515 West 29th Street in September, and plans to construct a rooftop addition that will give the building an additional 40,000 square feet. Bauhouse paid $24.4 million for the existing building, but shelled out another $6 million in the last of three air rights deals last week, enabling the additional square footage.

A portion of the air rights came from within the High Line Transfer Corridor, a special zoning district allowing taller, bulkier buildings along the park.

Architectural renderings of the project, located one block south of the Related Companies’ Hudson Yards development, will be unveiled later this spring, according to Crain’s.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 1:57 PM
New Yorker for life

This would have been interesting as a real development...

http://www.nbrsap.com.au/project/vivo-high-line/

VIVO on High Line

Client:
Living Cities International Design Competition

Quote:
NBRS+PARTNERS were awarded first place in the 2014 Living Cities Design Competition by Metropolis Magazine: an international competition to design a visionary 21st century 40 storey residential tower in New York City in response to the current day demographic and social challenges.

VIVO on High Line is an innovative, dynamic steel framed tower building, responsive to New York City’s opportunity and vitality.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 1:02 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

what no kangaroos or koala bears in the renders? i am disappoint.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 5:06 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 525 West 27th St (526 W 28th) | 135 FT | 11 FLOORS

Another high-end residential building for The High Line...

New York YIMBY:

Permits Filed: 525 West 27th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON APRIL 4TH 2014 AT 6:00 AM

The current building at 526 West 28th Street, via Google Maps

Quote:
The first permits are up for a new development at 525 West 27th Street, which is a block-through lot in West Chelsea, just to the west of The High Line; The Real Deal reported on the site’s sale last August, when it was bought by Centaur Properties for $45 million. The architect of record is SBLM, though no renderings of the planned design have been released.

While The Real Deal’s report indicated the site could accommodate up to 144,000 square feet of new real estate, the permits reveal something slightly smaller at the moment, with the entirety of the project set to measure 96,162 square feet. The development will be mixed-use, and split between north and south buildings, which makes sense given the lot spans through to an additional address at 526 West 28th Street.

In terms of scope, the commercial component will measure 3,500 square feet, which will be split between ground-floor retail as well as office space on the south building’s second level; there will also be an automated parking garage in the basement. The remainder of the space — totaling 92,662 square feet — will be divided between 36 residences. 525 West 27th Street will stand ten stories tall, while its counterpart facing 28th Street will rise eleven floors and 135 feet to its roof.

Residences will average over 2,500 square feet, and it seems likely that the development will be condominiums, given the large size of units; even for West Chelsea, where boutique projects are sprouting everywhere, the floor-plans at 525 West 27th Street will be impressively spacious. Additional details are revealed in the Schedule A.

The site was formerly occupied by The Pink Elephant, and demolition permits for the old building were approved on January 17th. Per The Real Deal, a gas station used to be located on the property, so actual construction will have to come after remediation; no completion date has been announced.

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Apr 8, 2014 at 5:00 PM.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 5:00 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 500 West 21st St | 80 FT | 8 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Construction Update: 500 West 21st Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON APRIL 8TH 2014 AT 10:30 AM

500 West 21st Street, Image from McAuley Digital via The New York Times

Quote:
While the never-ending winter seemed to result in a slow-down of construction along The High Line, spring is finally here — and work is speeding up on several projects lining the elevated park, including Sherwood‘s new building at 500 West 21st Street. The architect of record is Kohn Pederson Fox.

Sherwood issued a press release last week, announcing the development’s foundation work had been completed; a site visit this weekend confirmed verticality, and the structure is now rising above ground level.

Per Sherwood’s CEO Jeffrey Katz, 500 West 21st Street will aid in “creating an urban sanctuary that extends the peacefulness and natural beauty of the High Line.”

Units will average 2,500 square feet apiece, with 32 in total; given the generous square footage of residences, peacefulness will be relatively easy to come by at 500 West 21st Street. The structure will also include 11,636 square feet of ground-level commercial space, and permits on-file with the DOB have the full rundown.
[...]

While a 2014 completion date had previously been announced, it appears that 2015 would be a more likely target; regardless, construction is well underway.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 2:24 AM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
what no kangaroos or koala bears in the renders? i am disappoint.
This made me crack up laughing and I don't even know if I get the joke.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 5:27 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

from today
ground level of the highline park offices

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 8:48 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 560 West 24th St | 137 FT | 11 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Construction Update: 560 West 24th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON APRIL 14TH 2014 AT 12:00 PM

560 West 24th Street — image from the official website

Quote:
Construction is making headway at 560 West 24th Street — aka the NY Art Residences — which Tavros Capital is developing. The architect of record is Montroy Andersen DeMarco. While on-site signage indicates the address is 560 West 24th, permits are actually filed under a different bin — separate from the Sky Garage — at 552 West 24th Street.

Renderings were posted with the signage, and the concept is promising; 560 West 24th Street is the second structure on its block to offer a contemporary take on classic design, though the final product at the Tavros site — clad in limestone — will be a significant departure from its cast-concrete cousin at 508 West 24th Street. Despite the difference in facades, both sites will appeal to a similar ultra-high-end buyer, and Curbed posted an in-depth look inside the NY Art Residences following the sales launch.

560 West 24th Street will have eight units in total, with residences averaging over 3,500 square feet apiece. The ground floor will have an art gallery, with each floor above housing a single condominium; there will be two duplexes atop the structure, and its roof will stand 137 feet above the street. With eleven stories in total, ceiling heights will be generous, and floor-plans will be more than spacious.

The Art Residences will continue the trend towards super-luxury development in the lower West 20s, where starchitect brands have been yielding to subtle yet equally appealing creations by lesser-known architects. Completion is expected this November.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 9:42 PM
BANNED

That's a handsome limestone building.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 4:28 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

thx for the render and info - they working like crazy on that one.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
This made me crack up laughing and I don't even know if I get the joke.
Made me smile. NBRS+PARTNERS is an Australian outfit.

Since Manhattan DOES have (indoor) palm trees, why NOT koalas & kangaroos?

Too bad the site already has a just-built building on it

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 6:23 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 505 West 19th St | FT | 10 FLOORS x2

New York YIMBY:

Construction Update: 505 West 19th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON APRIL 22ND 2014 AT 2:00 PM

505 West 19th Street, rendering via Thomas Juul Hansen

Quote:
Excavation work is now complete at 505 West 19th Street, which HFZ Capital is developing. The site will soon house a pair of High Line-straddling buildings, which will be linked by a one-story connection underneath the elevated park, and the project’s architects are Thomas Juul Hansen and Goldstein Hill & West.

Per the official website, the project’s exterior “recalls the elegance of classic modernism while respecting the visual language and history of The High Line,” and the towers “rise up and seem to float above the refined glass and dark metal podium.”

[...]

Completion of 505 West 19th Street is expected in 2015.

505 West 19th Street -- eastern foundation

505 West 19th Street — western foundation

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 11:03 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

FIELD CONDITION:

THE HIGH LINE: SECTION 3 / APRIL 20, 2014
April 23, 2014

©Field Condition

More photos @ Field Condition

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Apr 23, 2014 at 11:20 PM.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 10:13 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 430 West 15th St | FT | FLOORS

The Real Deal:

Sneak peak at Atlas Capital, Rockpopint Group’s 430 West 15th Street
Julie Strickland May 02, 2014 05:15PM

Rendering of 430 West 15th Street

As of May 2nd, 2014...

500 West 21st Street

©field_condition on Instagram

505 West 19th Street

Whitney

Last edited by Hypothalamus; May 3, 2014 at 2:45 AM.

Old Posted May 5, 2014, 6:07 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

whitney from hoboken yesterday

Old Posted May 5, 2014, 8:30 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 860 Washington St | 175 FT | 10 FLOORS

FIELD CONDITION:

860 WASHINGTON
May 5, 2014

More photos @ Field Condition

Last edited by Hypothalamus; May 9, 2014 at 10:29 PM.

Old Posted May 10, 2014, 3:05 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

W 23rd and 10th

As of May 6th, 2014...

Tenth Avenue, NYC by Hardcore Shutterbug, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development