HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Not quite in the same ballpark.
So true!!! One has professional sports and the other doesn't...

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 8:21 PM

Quote:

Exactly this. Nashville must be leading the country in downtown multi acre, multi tower developments. There are at least 21 of these type of developments going up. Per a developer; "Whenever developers get together and talk, within three minutes of the conversation: Nashville comes up".

Last edited by cecilism; Feb 23, 2021 at 9:08 PM.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 9:01 PM
Future God

Quote:
Austin definitely wins out on height, but surely we've got to be at least approaching their numbers in terms of sheer number of overall developments, no?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 9:58 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Austin definitely wins out on height, but surely we've got to be at least approaching their numbers in terms of sheer number of overall developments, no?
Yes - absolutely on height. Austin still has the edge on total volume of projects. Remember, the Austin metro's population growth rate is still almost twice that of Nashville. And, it's economy on the threshold of another boom (on top of the one currently underway).

It's probably not a great idea to engage in a City vs. City thing here. Lets revel in what is happening in Nashville.

Both Nashville and Austin are going to do their own thing. Travel their own paths. And, are both great cities!

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Per a developer; "Whenever developers get together and talk, within three minutes of the conversation: Nashville comes up".
As does "Austin."

I'm apart of those conversations...

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Love my old 'hometown' where I lived four years through college and a great thriving city. But I'll take Nashville over Austin anyday. As I heard last week from a few folks while Texas was suffering through brownouts across the state, Nashville is like Austin but with power.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 10:07 PM

Two proud, world-famous music cities that are on intense upward trajectories, point blank.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2021, 12:18 AM
Future God

Quote:
Yes - absolutely on height. Austin still has the edge on total volume of projects. Remember, the Austin metro's population growth rate is still almost twice that of Nashville. And, it's economy on the threshold of another boom (on top of the one currently underway).

It's probably not a great idea to engage in a City vs. City thing here. Lets revel in what is happening in Nashville.

Both Nashville and Austin are going to do their own thing. Travel their own paths. And, are both great cities!
If my statement was inaccurate, then so be it, but simply stating that two cities 'have comparable levels of development' is not a "city vs. city" statement.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 1:03 AM

Nashville and Charlotte both need their own sub-forums in the Southeast forum right below Atlanta. But first Charlotte forumers need to post more on SSP.

So, why doesn't Nashville have it own sub-forum? Anybody know why? It should have happened a decade ago.

Austin and Portland (similar sized cities) both have sub-forums... I'm just saying.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 6:01 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
Nashville and Charlotte both need their own sub-forums in the Southeast forum right below Atlanta. But first Charlotte forumers need to post more on SSP.

So, why doesn't Nashville have it own sub-forum? Anybody know why? It should have happened a decade ago.

Austin and Portland (similar sized cities) both have sub-forums... I'm just saying.
Nashville and Charlotte both have extremely active urban development discussion communities over on Urbanplanet actually, which probably explains why there isn't much buzz here for either.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 3:04 PM
Nashville born and raised

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:06 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 3:02 PM

Last edited by ILUVSAT; Feb 27, 2021 at 3:18 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 8:36 PM

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:07 PM.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 4:08 AM

EDIT: Sorry for the huge image, I wasn't sure how to resize it on this form.

Some big news on the Nashville development front this week.

First, we have the opening of Fifth and Broadway, the redevelopment of the old Convention Center across the street from Bridgestone Arena. The development includes a 31 story residential tower, and a 20 story office tower, which is the new home of Alliance Bernstien, the North American Museum of African American Music, a planned Apple Store, along with 200k+ in retail space. The development was very well done, and will be a huge hit with tourists once tourism rebounds post-pandemic.

The Tennessean has a decent photo album here: https://www.tennessean.com/picture-g...th/6875217002/

According to an interview with the Nashville Business Journal, Tony Giarratana has closed on the property for 801 Church. He plans to start site work on 801 Church within days. Site preparation for 900 Church is already complete. Also mentioned in the article, Tony has plans for two more towers, one on a lot that he already owns, and one on a lot that he is trying to acquire. He will start the design approval process with Metro Nashville next month, so we should see what this looks like soon.

Here is a link to the interview in the Nashville Business Journal: Nashville Business Journal

900 Church, "Alcove," will be a 34 story 418' residential building with no parking.

801 Church, "Prime," will be a 38 story building with above/underground parking for both buildings.

A rendering for both, courtesy of Giaratanna:

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 2:39 PM

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:07 PM.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
There is an amazing animation on the developer, Tony Giarratana's website that illustrates the construction of both towers in the same timeline. (there is no link to the animation, so you just have to go to the website and scroll down). Some screen caps;

Both are starting within a few weeks.

I watched and also the " 505 " video which tells the story of how Nashville has become so successful downtown. Now, if they could just bust through the 700 feet to roof barrier!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanonthewall View Post
Now, if they could just bust through the 700 feet to roof barrier!
I have a sneaky suspicion it's going to come sooner rather than later.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 7:03 PM

Quote:
I have a sneaky suspicion it's going to come sooner rather than later.
Tony G has stated (not announced) plans to build another tower on a nearby property he currently owns or plans to purchase. I think he owns a parking lot that is diagonally across the street from The Prime (801 Church Street) that can be seen in the animation on his website. If he does, and if that's the location, I suspect he will want something taller than the two buildings that will start construction soon.

If he purchases property in the CBD north of Broadway, I suspect he'll push for a 50+ story building to ensure it stands out. I hope he'll resurrect Signature Tower if that's the case.

If he's eying property in SoBro, He could potentially shoot for a 50+ story building. Although 40-45 would still be significant for that area as it pushes towards the south loop.

There's some speculation he may be looking at the Beaman Auto lots on Broadway at the gateway into mid-town. If that's the case, i suspect will see something more in the height of 30 to 40 stories. Anything taller than that might be considered too much for now.

Tony is getting a bit bolder in his designs, So I look forward to seeing what his next proposal will be.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 1:49 AM

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:08 PM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 8:15 PM

Four Seasons Nashville

Why don't I see the Four Seasons Nashville on the Diagrams section for Nashville? It is well on its' way of under construction!:???

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations