HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 7:33 PM
-

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 12:55 PM
-

Sazerac House:

1012/1016 Canal:

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 12:59 PM
-

The Odeon:

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 1:02 PM
-

Hard Rock Hotel:

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 1:05 PM
-

Canal Crossing:

Old Posted Sep 1, 2019, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Hard Rock Hotel:

A quick glance at this picture almost made me think New Orleans had mountains across the river.

Thanks for the great pictures. Exciting times in NO for people who are interested in design, architecture, and city planning.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 2:01 PM
-

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 2:31 PM
-

Two Saints submitted full construction documents also they filed for a conditional use to allow a 23,000 sqft restaurant / amusement facility as part of the project too

725 St Joseph St·NPP Notifications · Project #19-1462 · Ref Code:86651T
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
St Charles St Rea Lty Co Inc, Wisznia Architectur + Development
Meeting Scheduled
Date Filed:
8/8/2019
Closed:
Yes
Description:
Updated NPP for 23,000 square foot Conditional Use to allow conditional use of a multi-use standard restaurant and entertainment facility

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 4:08 PM

RE 725 St. Joseph: It's weird they don't say what type of entertainment facility. It seems like it would be very relevant for the letter and the neighbors. You think they'll say what it is in the community meeting?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 4:23 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap111 View Post
RE 725 St. Joseph: It's weird they don't say what type of entertainment facility. It seems like it would be very relevant for the letter and the neighbors. You think they'll say what it is in the community meeting?
pretty sure its going to be Punch Bowl Social

https://www.punchbowlsocial.com/

I may just swing by the meeting because i want to try Bonci lol

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 1:19 PM
-

St Vincents:

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 2:56 PM

Retail:

Any updates on the following:
1. Retail/commercial at Canal Crossing?
2. Starbucks in SMD?
3. Retail/commercial at 2424 Tulane?
4. Plot of land catty-corner to 2424 Tulane?
5. Retail/commercial at Parkway NOLA?
6. Any new franchises of PJs or CCs coming anywhere?

Thank yall!!! Exciting to see all of the projects happening in NOLA.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 3:04 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
Retail:

Any updates on the following:
1. Retail/commercial at Canal Crossing?
2. Starbucks in SMD?
3. Retail/commercial at 2424 Tulane?
4. Plot of land catty-corner to 2424 Tulane?
5. Retail/commercial at Parkway NOLA?
6. Any new franchises of PJs or CCs coming anywhere?

Thank yall!!! Exciting to see all of the projects happening in NOLA.
1. they are doing a public gym for their commercial space the rest is community social space stuff an art gallery and leasing offices and security
2. starbucks is under construction
3. no news on this
4. nothing new on it
5. no clue
6. it seems other chains are expanding more than those two

I do know The Jung will have the deli grocery and sports bar open by then end of the year.. they stopped working on it while they build this new flood protection system which makes a lot of sense.. also Tulane will be taking all of the office space on the bottom floor of the Jung Garage.

Also heard Tesla will be doing a showroom/dealership on the bottom floor of The Garage on Carondelet.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Also heard Tesla will be doing a showroom/dealership on the bottom floor of The Garage on Carondelet.
Very interesting and cool. I was hoping for something to draw more foot traffic to the area, but Tesla would be a huge get. I guess the Trader Joe’s rumor was just that, a rumor. I recently heard they were waiting on the Tchoup Winn-Dixie lease to expire.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 5:04 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinnola View Post
Very interesting and cool. I was hoping for something to draw more foot traffic to the area, but Tesla would be a huge get. I guess the Trader Joe’s rumor was just that, a rumor. I recently heard they were waiting on the Tchoup Winn-Dixie lease to expire.
i think the parking would be an issue for them there.. i do know trader joes is moving into elmwood

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 5:39 PM

Quote:
i think the parking would be an issue for them there.. i do know trader joes is moving into elmwood
I've hoped that a Trader Joes would move into the old Rite Aid on St. Charles and Louisiana. Especially after they demo'd the Rally's behind it. Makes sense since they'd need more parking for a grocery.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 7:00 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWaves View Post
I've hoped that a Trader Joes would move into the old Rite Aid on St. Charles and Louisiana. Especially after they demo'd the Rally's behind it. Makes sense since they'd need more parking for a grocery.
I noticed a zoning verification for that rite aid was done earlier this year and it commented that "medical office was a permitted use". so my guess is thats going to be some sort of doctors office, but you never know.. does seem like the combined parcels could accomodate a trader joes there though

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 7:09 PM
-

4401 St Charles Ave·Renovation (Structural) · Permit #18-27282-RNVS · Ref Code:41XVHL
Download (10) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Thad Mancil
Permit Issued
Date Filed:

Closed:
No
Description:
Renovations to interior of the existing building. Addition of approx. 600 SF on the Jena Street side. Exterior masonry and detailing of new addition to match existing building. Minor alterations to the site paving

2201 Clio St·New Construction · Ref Code:R3YFU7
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Duplantis Design Group, PC
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/3/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Construction of new self-storage facility. 28905 S Liberty Street is actual address.

Looks like some pile driving work has started at the Drive Shack site:

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 1:18 PM
-

DOTD signs contract, issues notice to proceed for Loyola interchange project
Friday, August 30, 2019 at 4:05:43 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. – Today, Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development Secretary Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D. announced another major milestone in the Loyola Interchange Project, which will create new entrance and exit ramps into the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in Jefferson Parish.

The contract with Gilchrist Construction Company was signed and the notice to proceed issued, marking the official beginning of the project. Gilchrist Construction was identified as the successful proposer during a public bid opening and was of three contractors that submitted proposals for the $125.6 million project.

“Signing the Design-Build contract is a significant step in the process of building the project,” Secretary Wilson said. “This allows the contractor to begin design and construction services and starts the clock ticking on completion. This new interchange will be a major step for the New Orleans Airport and community, as millions of individuals utilize this area for their travel needs.”

This project will utilize a diverging diamond interchange to improve traffic flow at the intersection of Loyola Dr. and I-10, which would eliminate the need for a left turn signal at the interstate. Additionally, the project will reconfigure the proposed elevated on and off ramps from New Orleans to a single structure in the median of Airport Access Road south of Veterans Blvd. and provide aesthetic enhancements.

Utilizing the design-build method of project delivery will expedite the process by allowing the design and construction phases to take place simultaneously while employing innovations. Construction is anticipated to begin in early 2020, with an estimated completion in late 2022.

This is one of four major projects that have been planned for years, but never had a real state commitment to move forward as they had no funding identified or having achieved environmental clearance. The process to begin this project began in 2018 when the Governor unveiled a plan that is culminating for this project with this contract signing. However, this administration is delivering decades old priority projects, specifically the Loyola interchange in Kenner, the Barksdale Air Force Base-I-220 entrance in Bossier City, the widening of I-10 in Baton Rouge and the Belle Chasse bridge and tunnel replacement simultaneously. For the first time ever, this administration is using GARVEE bonds coupled with innovative procurement. GARVEE bonds are special bonds that will be repaid over 12 years using federal funds allocated to Louisiana.

It is important to note that the interim improvements between Veteran’s and I-10 were also accelerated and completed in advance of the airport’s opening.

Jefferson Parish, the City of New Orleans, LANOIA, the City of Kenner, and the New Orleans Regional Planning Commission have all made funding commitments, and public support has been issued by local economic development groups in the region. Additional public meetings will be held while the project is moving forward.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 1:20 PM
-

CONVENTION CENTER BOULEVARD $557M RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT CONTINUES
August 27, 2019 | Category: District B | Tagged as: Convention Center Blvd
CONVENTION CENTER BOULEVARD $557M RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT CONTINUES
The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is currently reconstructing Convention Center Boulevard between Poydras and Henderson streets in the Warehouse District. The construction is part of the $557M Convention Center Development District Project that includes converting Convention Center Boulevard into a landscaped public park.

The scope of work includes:

Reducing the 4-lane roadway configuration to two travel lanes, one in each direction;
Constructing a Transportation Center to accommodate shuttles, buses and taxis;
A wide covered walkway to protect pedestrians from the elements;
New traffic signals, crosswalks and pedestrians signals; and
Improvements to the porches at St. Joseph Street and Heritage Park.

The newly constructed roadway for Convention Center Boulevard, from Julia Street to the river-bound Calliope Street opened on June 1. Construction is now concentrated on the park side of the project. Motorists can expect intermittent closures for the positioning of heavy equipment. There will remain dedicated cross-walks for pedestrians which will have crossing officers during heavy use.

The project is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2020. View more details about the project here.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations