HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 11:53 PM
in circulo imperium

Observatories in Toronto skyscrapers

Hi, I'll be visiting the city soon and would like to know if there's another observatory besides the CN Tower, among buildings above 200 meters height in the city. In this case, customers would either choose to pay for the condo administration of the building/complex or pay for an outsourced company to provide the service, which would include galleries with photos and history of the skyscraper and city, bars and shops, and attractions to visitors like binoculars, etc. All this at the top or the top floors to have the feeling of seeing the cityscape, the urbanism and architectural landmarks.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 1:37 AM
Midtowner since 2K

I terms of buildings over 200 metres, I'm unsure of any observatories where you could pay to use for a bit of time. The Doors Open Toronto event just took place last month, where you could've gone up the tallest TD tower. That view is spectacular, but seldom seen except for then.

If you want a fair view of the city from a vantage point, you could try Casa Loma (Spadina Park is adjacent, good view)

Other skyline views would be from the Toronto Islands or Tommy Thompson Park.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 1:36 PM
in circulo imperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
I terms of buildings over 200 metres, I'm unsure of any observatories where you could pay to use for a bit of time. The Doors Open Toronto event just took place last month, where you could've gone up the tallest TD tower. That view is spectacular, but seldom seen except for then.

If you want a fair view of the city from a vantage point, you could try Casa Loma (Spadina Park is adjacent, good view)

Other skyline views would be from the Toronto Islands or Tommy Thompson Park.
Thanks.

Whenever I go to a city with lots of tall buildings I think about this, although we have mountains with lookouts and helicopter tours that can also offer the visitor a similar feeling.

I hope that the city's first supertall can offer the service in the future since it has an interesting distance from the CN Tower. I think it can allow the observation of the city by other different perspectives. If I'm not mistaken, it will be built next to Yonge St., a good reference, due to the large extension line.

Buildings over 200 meters are a good starting point for observations, but not all of them offer this service, especially those with mixed use function, with hotel/s and residences within the complex.

I also like to appreciate the urbanism that is made in these skyscraper complexes, usually exquisite, with important shops close by and a beautiful architectural work on the set.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 8:07 PM
The New Republic

It's only about 25 floors high but the Hyatt Hotel on Bloor and Avenue Road has a great roof top patio. It's high enough because of its location at the western end of Yorkville.

Courtesy of tripadvisor

The One Eighty is a restaurant on the 51st floor of the Manulife Centre, 55 Bloor Street West. It has great views but it's expensive.

Courtesy of UT

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 9:20 PM
in circulo imperium

Observatories at Torontonian skyscrapers

Both seem cool but I'd rather the latter.

In this list that ranks the tallest buildings in Toronto the second building appears with 160 meters high.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ngs_in_Toronto

I liked the fact that One Eighty is a more decorated place and that it can offer comfort to sight the city while the person enjoy the services that are offered there.

The view is very cool and it's one of the best ways I have to record the imposing skyline of the city including some landmarks on it.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 3:25 AM

There is a restaurant on the 56th? floor of the TD Building,
If it's not busy and you ask to take a few pictures they usually allow it
(mostly because few people do it)

Old Posted Jun 20, 2018, 2:06 AM

Park Hyatt at Avenue and Bloor is closed for a two year renovation. Re-opens in December 2019.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 3:59 PM

Sent you a message.

Might like the view from the lobby of a company I've visited a couple of times. Don't want to publicize it.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 12:30 AM
Starring as himself

The restaurant at the top of the Manulife has a spectacular view in both north and south directions, outdoors terraces as well. At least I think it’s a restaurant. I’ve had business functions there.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 7:46 PM
BANNED

Great topic

The CN Tower is always where pictures are taken of Toronto's skyline but i'd really like to see it from other vantage points too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio JF View Post
Buildings over 200 meters are a good starting point for observations, but not all of them offer this service, especially those with mixed use function, with hotel/s and residences within the complex
Not all of them? More like pretty well none of them have observatories, the closest I can find is that restaurant atop the 51 story Manulife Centre where you will of course have to pay heavily inflated food/drink prices for the view and it's "only" 166 meters high

Old Posted Aug 27, 2021, 4:40 AM
Hong Kong

The Westin Harbour Castle has a top floor restaurant with both skyline and lake views.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2021, 4:38 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Near the top of the Royal York, there is a nice executive restaurant (Fairmont Gold Lounge, 18th floor) which gives a great view of the skyline behind Union Station. You are in the skyline rather than being above it. I had the pleasure of eating there on 3 occasions. Sorry, not a skyline shot:

Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 6:11 AM
I am the law!

This hotel changes names but, I think its now called 1 Hotel. Spectacular view from the rooftop restaurant. The restaurant's a little different but, in a good way.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto