HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
^ is that rendering completely digital? Can't tell .. look at the boats

but parts of the photo look real
Everything above Lake Shore Drive appears to be a photograph. LSD, the park, and the lake all appear to be rendered. My guess is they found a photo that they liked but the foreground wasn't very appealing or it was the wrong season or something like that.

575' for a 47 floor tower seems a little high. That averages out to 12'-3" per floor. My guess is that these will be closer to 10' floor to floor, which would mean an extra 94' to be made up on the lobby, amenity, and mechanical floors.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned.B View Post
Everything above Lake Shore Drive appears to be a photograph. LSD, the park, and the lake all appear to be rendered. My guess is they found a photo that they liked but the foreground wasn't very appealing or it was the wrong season or something like that.

575' for a 47 floor tower seems a little high. That averages out to 12'-3" per floor. My guess is that these will be closer to 10' floor to floor, which would mean an extra 94' to be made up on the lobby, amenity, and mechanical floors.
I think I remember reading the ceilings were indeed going to be fairly high in the tower, around 11 feet per floor, so close to 10 foot ceilings since it's a condo tower

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 6:00 PM

There was a new construction permit issued the yesterday for what I think is the sales center for Cirrus. With the 37 story building getting its permit the other day send part of the base being shared with Cirrus, I wonder when they'll start construction on that as well. Also wondering of construction already started on the 37 story apartment tower.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 3:37 AM
THAT Guy

COMMUNITY MEETING ON JULY 30
FOR THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
AT 1150 WEST LAKE STREET/
168 NORTH MAY STREET/
171 NORTH RACINE STREET

Alderman Walter Burnett, Jr. (27th Ward) and the West Loop Community Organization (WLCO) are hosting a Community Meeting for the proposed development at 1150 West Lake Street/168 North May Street/171 North Racine Street.

The proposed development is a new mixed-use construction project comprised of three buildings: an 11-story office building with ground floor commercial and two residential buildings at 20- and 22-stories.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 30, 2019
AT 6:00 PM
CATALYST RANCH,
656 WEST RANDOLPH STREET, SUITE 3W
CHICAGO, IL 60607

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
COMMUNITY MEETING ON JULY 30
FOR THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
AT 1150 WEST LAKE STREET/
168 NORTH MAY STREET/
171 NORTH RACINE STREET

Alderman Walter Burnett, Jr. (27th Ward) and the West Loop Community Organization (WLCO) are hosting a Community Meeting for the proposed development at 1150 West Lake Street/168 North May Street/171 North Racine Street.

The proposed development is a new mixed-use construction project comprised of three buildings: an 11-story office building with ground floor commercial and two residential buildings at 20- and 22-stories.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 30, 2019
AT 6:00 PM
CATALYST RANCH,
656 WEST RANDOLPH STREET, SUITE 3W
CHICAGO, IL 60607
but it makes such a great place to stage CTA materials - really quite full right now for some major track work.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 10:13 AM

d.p.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 3:19 PM

Phase 3 of Atrium Village/Old Town Park has its zoning app up. 41 floors (447 feet 2 inches), 456 units, 60 hotel rooms, 194 car parking spaces, and 185 bicycle storage spots. Some of the residential units would be shared living ("co living spaces"?).

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 3:48 PM

^ making it the tallest phase, right?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
^ making it the tallest phase, right?
Not by much, but yep.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 8:18 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Phase 3 of Atrium Village/Old Town Park has its zoning app up. 41 floors (447 feet 2 inches), 456 units, 60 hotel rooms, 194 car parking spaces, and 185 bicycle storage spots. Some of the residential units would be shared living ("co living spaces"?).
Most excellent...

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
That is huge considering this is all vacant land there..
https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...63!4d-87.65612

And now in other big West Loop news - another high rise proposed with a new zoning application.

Introducing 800 W Lake St - a new 265 foot tall building on the corner of Halsted and Lake where Patty O'Fegan's, Publican Quality Bread, Northwestern Cutlery, and the surface parking lot next to that is. This is for ground floor eating/drinking establishments, Hotel, and Office uses. Again, this will also take up the surface parking lot here, but the 2 story building next to Green Street with Momotaro will remain. Across the street from that is the Hoxton Hotel (with Cabra, etc). This would mean 3 of the 4 corners of the Lake/Halsted intersection would be high rises (one of them an office building currently U/C). 0 parking spaces

Developer is North Park Ventures. Architect is GREC.

From Lake Street:

From Halsted Street:

Last edited by marothisu; Jul 25, 2019 at 1:03 AM.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 1:03 AM
Marina City

Last week, I posted about a crane just west of Old Town Park #2. It is gone now. It must have just been for assisting in the dismantling of the main construction crane for Old Town Park #2. I was thinking, it might be there for Old Town Park building #3 but I guess not.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8spires View Post
Last week, I posted about a crane just west of Old Town Park #2. It is gone now. It must have just been for assisting in the dismantling of the main construction crane for Old Town Park #2. I was thinking, it might be there for Old Town Park building #3 but I guess not.
I really had my fingers crossed on that one... darn haha

Anyway, great news on the West Loop projects continuing to blossom! thanks for the updates, gang

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 4:58 AM

Quote:
That is huge considering this is all vacant land there..
https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...63!4d-87.65612
Is it all vacant land? That land is 1150 W. Lake. North side of the tracks between May and Racine. I assume this is where they are planning the office portion.

But the adresses 168 N. May and 171 N. Racine correspond with existing single story warehouse buildings on the south side of the tracks, where I would assume the residential buildings would go. A cool mural on Racine would be lost but it looks like this proposal is for all of the land abutting Lake street between May and Racine streets

Quote:
Introducing 800 W Lake St
Very exciting. I remember just last year lamenting that there are no highrises on the West side of Halsted street to complement the ones on the east side of the street. Now We have GR333N wrapping up exterior work, 167 N. Green is out of the ground, site prep is ongoing at 800 w. Fulton, and now this proposal sneaks in. This wholesale transformation of the West Loop continues to blow my mind.

Last edited by The Lurker; Jul 25, 2019 at 5:02 AM. Reason: always misspelling shyt

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Introducing 800 W Lake St - a new 265 foot tall building on the corner of Halsted and Lake where Patty O'Fegan's, Publican Quality Bread, Northwestern Cutlery, and the surface parking lot next to that is.
The corner building is nice, good that's staying. The Hollenbach building is nice too, but stranded now in the middle of the block and no great loss in the face of keeping the West Loop boom rolling and getting density where we need it next to transit. O'Fegan's building is nothing special at all.

Will O'Fegan's get a spot in the new building, or will they just move somewhere else and be done with it? Hopefully the other retail find new locations. Really Publican Meats and Breads should merge.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 2:13 PM

Remind me, is anything planned yet for the big parking lot at the SE corner of Halsted and Fulton Market?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 3:07 PM

Interesting that Paddy O'Fegan's has been working on the 2nd story addition for some time (did it stall? did they pause while working on this proposal?). Sad to lose the Hollenbach building though.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
The corner building is nice, good that's staying. The Hollenbach building is nice too, but stranded now in the middle of the block and no great loss in the face of keeping the West Loop boom rolling and getting density where we need it next to transit. O'Fegan's building is nothing special at all.

Will O'Fegan's get a spot in the new building, or will they just move somewhere else and be done with it? Hopefully the other retail find new locations. Really Publican Meats and Breads should merge.
The corner building is possibly owned by Boka since it contains their office and two of their restaurants both of which still appear to be busy even with the proliferation of options in the area.

PQB isn't a retail operation but maybe that will change. Their stuff is fantastic but isn't particularly well showcased at PQM.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 5:38 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post

Ridiculous. The Hollenbach building needs to be preserved in some fashion, even if it's just a facad-ectomy. It's a crime that this wasn't included in the landmark district. It's a little gem with beautiful terracotta details, and it's in excellent condition with sensitive renovations.

Plenty of other buildings in this Fulton Market area have used the facad-ectomy approach, contractors are getting pretty good at it and developers are certainly still making lots of money.

Trust me, the west loop boom will not "stop rolling" if city officials insist on stronger historic preservation. The frenzy is so hot right now, you could mandate all new buildings be painted chartreuse and developers would still be clamoring.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 5:44 PM

I like the Hollenbach facade. Where it is now it’s barely visible next to the tracks. I’d love to see the facade moved to some other street like Randolph.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations