HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 4:57 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Jun 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 10:54 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 12:00 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Central Park Tower Climb

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 11:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 2:45 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 3:52 AM
New Yorker for life

JUNE 26, 2020

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 4:00 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Fashion / luxury stuff. They can't help it, always the flashiest things to the street in NY and London.
You know what? They can afford to be slightly more discreet and subtle over here in Paris, except for the Xmas season when people would empty their bank accounts for gifts anyhow...

I like the neat design anyway. I like both sleek glass and colors. It'd be cool if they sold stuffed toys for little kids instead of their helpless luxury fashion. Kids like colors too.
Psst, wealthy people? They are still naive, frivolous and arrogant somehow. Aren't they?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 6:26 PM
Astorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Fashion / luxury stuff. They can't help it, always the flashiest things to the street in NY and London.
You know what? They can afford to be slightly more discreet and subtle over here in Paris, except for the Xmas season when people would empty their bank accounts for gifts anyhow...

I like the neat design anyway. I like both sleek glass and colors. It'd be cool if they sold stuffed toys for little kids instead of their helpless luxury fashion. Kids like colors too.
Psst, wealthy people? They are still naive, frivolous and arrogant somehow. Aren't they?
The reason for the rainbow colors is because of Gay Pride Month in June. It is not normally in Rainbow all year round.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 7:05 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Bwah ha! That is one funny and utterly useful reply. I'll admit I am laughing right now, but it's not at you at all, NYCLuver. For real, I'm pleased that you replied to me.
Somehow, I'm glad you guys still believe we are innocent, pure and all... Maybe naive, ignorant or something?

Um, anyway... Whatever.
the presumption was that you did not know anything about that being related to the gay pride month, which in fact it is obvious that you did not. mais, you are growing from un jeune homme into l’age adulte and learning things every day mon fiston, so good for you.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 11:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Jun 28, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 7:41 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^^

If anybody's wondering the location, that pic with the man drinking the blue stuff and the kid looking at his phone, oblivious of the majesty beyond his phone is called "Rockefeller Lookout" in Englewood Cliffs NJ. Great views!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 12:49 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 6:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^

That section of the Turnpike is great. I've pulled over many times on the shoulder of that bridge (for repairs hint hint) and took some repair pictures.

The Jersey Side always offers the best perspectives, IMO. For pure skyline appreciation on the NYC side, the Throgs Neck Bridge can't be beat. On a clear day, folks will know what I mean (heading from Bronx to Queens).

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 7:06 PM

Just looking at those images, a spire would have been awesome.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 8:04 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

From the angle in post #7354, Tower Fifth, if it does rise, will dramatically alter that viewing perspective. Will be quite dominant from the East perspective. Due to the angle, and bulk on the Southern side, will make 432 Park look much thinner (even with its dimensions, 432 Park can appear somewhat bulky from afar). More an attribute of seeing BOTH the Western and Southern sides at the same time, which depends on the angle of perspective.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 8:57 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: the dronalist

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 4:47 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
Just looking at those images, a spire would have been awesome.
still hoping for an antenna

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 12:55 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

I'm hoping for some more 300-500' density in the UES, with some neat architecture thrown in.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 3:03 PM

Please garry barnett come back the spire , cause in some picture i imagine the carne like spire and it shows that with this cpt will utterly dominating the skyline, in case the spire is here the height will become 1800ft

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive