HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 4, 2018, 2:57 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 1508 Avenue Z | 188 FT | 16 FLOORS

1508 Avenue Z

Quote:
Too many renderings come through that resemble the same mold of international style. Today, Citiscape Consulting has revealed an unusual design for a long-term care facility at 1508 Avenue Z in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. The post-war Japanese Metabolism movement, a style that integrated organic material and architecture, was what inspired the 16-story building’s distinctive look.

The exterior curtain wall will feature CO2-cleaning organic material. The building will be responsive to the sun as well, for the comfort of the occupants. The roof will have a water retention system for capturing stormwater and using throughout the building’s plumbing.

Permits for the building were filed in mid-July. The 188-foot tall structure will yield 49,700 square feet, with 3,130 square feet for a medical facility, 3,950 square feet for ground floor retail, and 42,620 square feet dedicated to residential use. 78 residencies will be created, averaging 546 square feet apiece. Open terraces will be included on the third, eleventh and rooftop floors.

SB1 Holdings LLC is responsible for the development.
=====================
NYY

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 2:03 PM

Interesting design. I don't hate it...the semi quasi digital look seems fitting for a healthcare facility to me for some reason. Maybe I'm reminded of the architecture from the game Mirror's Edge. Are the residences part of the medical space? Assuming they're like assisted living units if it is long term care, or is the medical portion just for that. The description is too vague.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 4:04 PM
Show me the blueprints

I hate to be debbie downer, but there is no way in hell if built it will turn out looking that slick...This is Sheepshead Bay not London...

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 10:13 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Minus the vegetation. They love to put vegetation on renderings, but often the reality is that the plants don't exist.

THIS would be ideal for the high-line in Manhattan. IDK about Brooklyn though but hey... more diversity I guess in terms of architecture.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 2:16 AM
Mr. Technology

Super slick look.
Good reference to Mirrors Edge!
BTW, anyone interested in seeing the "Skyscraper" movie at the theaters this weekend?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 9:01 PM

Good lord. I’ve seen some gaudy outer-borough architecture in my time but I think this takes the cake for pure awfulness.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 7:15 AM
BANNED

Ehmmm, I'll keep an open mind about it. I usually like the adventurous designs, but this one seems a bit tacky. We'll see how it goes .. it could turn out very nice i the materials are top notch. I am willing to give it a chance given the conservativism in NY architecture and how few playful buildings are actually built.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 1:54 PM
arf

Q-Bert!

I'm with aquablue this may or may not be pretty cool.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals