HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
I like the design, it’s different and unique in my opinion.
Agreed, though the “lines” between floors should be every floor instead of every two. It makes it look like a ~40 floor super tall.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 5:25 PM
Meh

I freaking love the landscaping and interaction with Waller Creek. I like the podium and tower facade. I like the columns, but I feel like there could be some tweaking. Don't ask me how, though. I'm not crazy about the crown, and I'm pretty much never a fan of angled facades/slopes, but sometimes they turn out ok. Overall, I like it, but I feel that the crown needs the most work. I don't know how to make it work, but I still wish we could get another Frost Bank style crown to complement it.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 10:59 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvATX View Post
Agreed, though the “lines” between floors should be every floor instead of every two. It makes it look like a ~40 floor super tall.
Actually, I like the way it looks consistent between the two uses of the tower itself - office and residential. The office floors are twice as tall as each individual residential floor.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 11:28 PM

Here's the new 1215 Red River project that We vs us posted about in the Austin sub-forum. 36-story residential & 15-story office.

https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/do....cfm?id=350672

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 4:13 AM
クラブトクヨ

These are sharp designs and I am here for it!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 4:23 AM

I like the design of the smaller one better but hard to beat that view from the bigger one.

Hard to overstate the impact that views of the capitol are having on spurring development further north. Who wouldn't want a view of the capitol from their balcony?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 5:53 PM

Does the Capitol View Corridor go between these two buildings?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2020, 6:32 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
Does the Capitol View Corridor go between these two buildings?
No, but the East 7th Street bridge at Tillery one is to immediately to the south of them, and the East 12th Street bridge at I-35 is immediately to the north of them.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 9:48 PM

$1 Billion development set to replace a strip mall in southwest Austin!
https://communityimpact.com/austin/s...eek-greenbelt/

Quote:
Developer Barshop & Oles Co. announced plans Dec. 3 for a major project to remake the Brodie Oaks Shopping Center in Southwest Austin.

The mixed-use project, which could top $1 billion of total investment over the next ten years, is still in the conceptual stage, according to a press release. The developer plans to file an application for a planned unit development with the city of Austin in February, and construction could begin at the end of 2022 or in 2023.

Quote:
Redevelopment will come in phases. In the end, the project could include 1,600 new residential units, 1.1 million square feet of office space, 450 hotel rooms, and 140,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. According to the release, the total square footage of the project would be up to 3 million, with an additional 13.7 acres of parking lot and building area being converted to green space.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 10:57 PM

Welcome to the forum ATX_21!

This proposal is quite exciting, it even has (tentative) support from the usually obstructionist Save Our Springs. If this does happen, I just hope Texican sticks around for a few years.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 11:59 PM

Hi Echostatic.I’ve been a lurker for a pretty long time in the Austin forum.
Yeah it’s pretty exiting and its pretty much what I think is going to happen to most strip malls in Austin.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 5:44 PM

Site layout plan for Brodie Oaks project:

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 1:23 AM

Whole Foods Is Growing Up a Second Office Building in Downtown Austin

Quote:
It’s not often that a building breaks ground in downtown Austin without us knowing the details — we’re not bragging, that’s literally our job and spending all our time downtown makes it hard to miss. But as construction fences started rising at the 15-story Shoal Creek Walk office tower site at 835 West Sixth Street sitting just east of the flagship Whole Foods Market store and corporate headquarters on the west end of downtown, we realized that while we knew the basics of what was being built there thanks to coverage in the Austin Business Journal from both this summer and all the way back in 2017, we had no clue how the new building would actually look.

This second-phase addition, which city filings indicate is being developed at least in part by Endeavor Real Estate Group on behalf of Whole Foods, will add a new five-story office building and seven-level parking structure to the existing Shoal Creek Walk tower complex that will serve as expansion space for the Whole Foods corporate offices next door, adding 143,800 square feet of office space and 127,104 square feet of garage parking for the now Amazon-owned grocer — and thanks to the ABJ’s extensive coverage of this project, the fact that we’d never actually seen a rendering or even a drawing of the new building’s appearance from its architects at Gensler Austin completely slipped our minds. Whoops! Anyway, here it is

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 1:36 AM

Sources: Facebook wants 1M more square feet downtown

Quote:
Sources said Facebook is looking for so much space downtown, no one building can accommodate it. If it does move forward with these deals, the social media giant will lease more downtown space than any other company.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Wow, this will be huge if this happens. Has me already thinking of twin towers or something along those lines.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 7:54 PM
Member since 2001

What's amazing is that this is an additional 1 million SF on top of their roughly 920,000+ they already lease throughout the city.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 9:36 PM
Meh

That's good news. Hopefully, we can see some more big office towers break ground then - the BBVA Tower and The Republic come to mind. That would be sweet.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 10:01 PM
Meh

Here are some larger renderings and layout plan for the redevelopment of the Brodie Oaks Shopping Center in South Austin. It looks like there will be 7 buildings. I'm not sure of all the heights/sizes, but at least 4 of them from the renderings appear to be midrise to highrise. One of the documents filed with the city said one of the towers would be 275 feet tall, and another would be 160 feet. Those heights might be for more than one building, I'm not sure. 275 feet would be the tallest building in South Austin, and that area also sits at around 700 feet above sea level, which is a good 250 feet higher than downtown along the river.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 2:38 AM

Photo from redditor u/redxeth on r/Austin:

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 5:28 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
That's good news. Hopefully, we can see some more big office towers break ground then - the BBVA Tower and The Republic come to mind. That would be sweet.
Indeed, what's the status on 5C by the way? All of those would be incredible.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations