HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Speaking of the Gallery, the liquor license cert is no longer on the 10th street corner space that The Yardhouse was going into. I don't know what that means but if they pulled out, that would be a huge bummer. The two corner spaces on that development are empty and haven't appeared to move forward AT ALL.

Anyone know some info on this?
Still shows as pending, but who knows:

https://plcbplus.pa.gov/pub/editobje...ectId=72730867

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Speaking of the Gallery, the liquor license cert is no longer on the 10th street corner space that The Yardhouse was going into. I don't know what that means but if they pulled out, that would be a huge bummer. The two corner spaces on that development are empty and haven't appeared to move forward AT ALL.

Anyone know some info on this?
there is still a location inside. Was the license only posted there for exterior visibility? That could be the case.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
there is still a location inside. Was the license only posted there for exterior visibility? That could be the case.
It was posted in the window on Market street to the left of the black wall they erected to hide the fact that work has stopped.

I wonder why there doesn't seem to be any activity whatsoever on those two corner spots.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicPhilly View Post
So I went into Center City for the first time in almost two years.
Of all the things you said, this one interests me the most.

You're a follower of a skyscraper forum and you haven't been in Center City for 2 years?

I feel unmoored if I haven't been in more than 2 weeks.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post

You're a follower of a skyscraper forum and you haven't been in Center City for 2 years?

He/she may be young (teenager) since they included some non sequitur about wanting their teacher to suffer or something or other.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 7:58 PM

Quote:
So I went into Center City for the first time in almost two years. I was amazed at how good the projects along Market street are coming along. The Gallery renovation looks absolutely fantastic, at least from the street level. I was very skeptical about the renderings we'd seen (very annoyed they were leaving some of the original windows in place) but I have to admit everything looks great. All the signs, the lighting, and the additional work they have done at the street level have finally transformed Market East into a vibrant and great looking part of Center City.

I was down there with my Mom (it was her birthday) and even she - a perennial skeptic and hater of the city - was impressed with all the changes that have taken place. We walked down Market to Independence Mall. The walk was much greener and more vibrant than I have ever seen it, culminating in Independence Mall and the latticed ivy along the Liberty Bell pavilion. We were going to the Museum of the American Revolution (she'd always wanted to go) and the walk was really beautiful.

By the way, if you haven't been to the museum you have to go. A great addition to the already impressive collection of museums in the city. Honestly, it is now probably my favorite museum. Very well done. The movie about George Washington and his field tent is worth the price of admission (it is expensive) alone. Get there if you haven't been! There. Yet.

(Sorry I wasn't sure if it was a proper to end that sentence with the word been. Although now I suppose I've made everything worse, as there and yet, alone, cannot possibly constitute a proper sentence. Somewhere Sister Mary Vincent is cursing me for using poor sentence structure.
Someone might want to lock down this account. It's obviously been hacked.

Quote:
I don't care. I hope she's rotting in hell. Bitch).
Wait. Hold up. Nevermind.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 1:25 PM

The Yard House Liquor license is back in the window.

Disaster averted.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 1:31 PM

Quote:

Same.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 2:45 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Same.
let's not be too hard on people who may or may not be able to traverse the city all the time. while i agree having feet on the ground/on transit/all over is essential for adding context to these discussions, shaming people out of chipping in rarely adds anything - i find it fascinating to the get perspectives of people who live in the area/who are visiting with regards to things that might go unnoticed for those who see the slow daily progress (as opposed to the leaps and bounds that a few months away can provide). how the many millions of people who live in the 'burbs experience the city is important and to ignore that seems like a missed opportunity.

that being said, EVERYONE should get into the city as much as possible and explore how much awesome stuff is going on all over the place

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 3:50 PM

^ I was taken aback by the "two year" comment, but your comments are spot on. We shouldn't be parochial when it comes to our common love for the city. By and large, I think people have been restrained and charitable about it. Everyone has different life circumstances. I went from being a bachelor in my mid-thirties, working on Rittenhouse Square, to a suburban father of seven. I tend to get into town once per "fortnight" on average, often at least weekly, never less than monthly. Certainly not as much as I'd like.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 4:31 PM
Philly Rising Up!

FYI, Primark taking up 34,200 square foot of retail space at the corner of 11th and Market, in the FDP. They are a hugely popular clothing store. Will do well here.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 4:54 PM

that's interesting, here's an article in Philly Voice:
https://www.phillyvoice.com/primark-...-philadelphia/

It says it's opening at the corner of 11th and Market. I thought that was the movie theater? Also, was there ever any announcement about what was opening in the old strawbridges space next to Century 21?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
FYI, Primark taking up 34,200 square foot of retail space at the corner of 11th and Market, in the FDP. They are a hugely popular clothing store. Will do well here.
That space is nowhere close to being finished. The HAIL they waiting for??

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 5:07 PM

Love me some Primark

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 5:15 PM

Very exciting for the FDP. It blends in nicely with the rest of the stores in that they are all fast fashion, but Primark is not a store you find commonly, so it gives off the illusion of being “high end.” According to the article, it looks like we won’t see it until 2020/2021 though.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 6:11 PM

Not to toot my own horn, but I called Primark to the Fashion District like over a year ago, lol. Maybe two years ago now.

Zara will be announced soon for FDP.

Also hear through the grapevine a Bloomingdale's, but not sure how legit that is and if there is even anymore space for a Bloomies.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 6:15 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
toot, toot...you did-all creds go to you. Now if you can tell the group the winning lottery numbers, that would much be appreciated...LOL.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 7:09 PM

good to see this is happening. The larger spaces really need to be filled to activate the street level.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Zara will be announced soon for FDP.
How certain of this are you? I’m curious because I loosely heard through a chain of “someone who knows someone who works in commercial real estate,” and they claimed that Zara wasn’t looking there.

I figure it’s only a matter of time before they come back since I heard that the store was high earning, but it had an issue with loss prevention. I thought that the old Barney’s location would have made a good Zara, but so would the fashion district.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 4:17 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Quote:
If I haven’t been in more than two weeks then I’ve had one heck of a vacation.

JurassicPhilly, sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for posting. As El Duderino pointed out, it’s always great to get a perspective of someone who spends very little time in the city. I’m glad you and your mom enjoyed it so much.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development