HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Banco Santander Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 10, 2010, 7:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
^ yes since Banco Santander will be financing it themselves.
Santander, of course, is a Spanish bank and so intimately involved in the Club Med/Euro mess. The bank itself is probably in much better financial shape than the Spanish government (in part due to its extensive business in Latin America), but it is an open question what effect a government debt crisis might have on them (would the government try to force them to loan it money?) Furthermore, it surely wouldn't be surprising to see them pulling in their horns a little right now and, perhaps, putting projects like this building on hold until Europe sorts itself out.

Old Posted May 10, 2010, 2:59 PM

^ thanks for being the bearer of bad news!

Old Posted May 10, 2010, 3:07 PM
BANNED

Well, of course, there's plenty of good news this morning on the "Europe sorting itself out" front. I still think Santander may find it prudent to be cautious though.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 11:47 AM

another design proposal for Banco Santander

Here is another new design proposal that has just surfaced with few details except for what is stated. I imagine it's from KPF & plinko was spot on his floor counts with the 60 floors and 840 foot height estimate.
This is certainly a lot better design compared to that 12 story monstrous garage that was supposed to front Brickell Avenue that Dylan posted!
Now we get an open plaza facing Brickell and the building sits on a diagonal in relation to the Espirito Santos on the left & the Four Seasons tower on the right.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2010, 12:46 AM

nice! finaly!, ive been waiting to hear some more about miami and any tall building proposals hoping to get started, i want to see this city create something tall, and i hope it gets this one, go miami!!

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi4life View Post
nice! finaly!, ive been waiting to hear some more about miami and any tall building proposals hoping to get started, i want to see this city create something tall, and i hope it gets this one, go miami!!
Great!!! I'm glad to hear it. Lets hope the constructions will eventually to began. I am looking forward to it. Can you try to take a pictures that I can see.

What about another newest hotel has already being built lately?

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 11:51 PM
BROOKLYN

Miami has become quite busy. Maybe I'll have to visit again.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2011, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
Miami has become quite busy. Maybe I'll have to visit again.
Good! Hope you will have a pleasant trip to MIA. Let me know if you try to take a best pictures that I can see.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 12:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post

Here is another new design proposal that has just surfaced with few details except for what is stated. I imagine it's from KPF & plinko was spot on his floor counts with the 60 floors and 840 foot height estimate.
This is certainly a lot better design compared to that 12 story monstrous garage that was supposed to front Brickell Avenue that Dylan posted!
Now we get an open plaza facing Brickell and the building sits on a diagonal in relation to the Espirito Santos on the left & the Four Seasons tower on the right.
Let's Build It, Miami needs more hotness.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 2:02 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This one might be coming back from the dead. The bank has bought a Miami bank branch, and is keeping their options open. They purchased BNP Paribas
---------------------------------------------

Quote:
Banco Santander wants to keep their options open. They're seeking an extension to the FAA's 2010 determination that the tower would not be a hazard to air navigation. Before being put on hold, the tower had more than a few crazy .....
======================
http://miami.curbed.com/tags/banco-santander-tower
======================

As of April, 2014: (More information)

http://www.exmiami.org/index.php/san...ank-unit-Miami

Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 10:01 AM

Seems like they are seeking approval to increase the height to 950 feet now. It would be cool if they shot for another extra 50 feet and make it an even 1,000 footer. Hopefully they will build it.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2014, 3:39 AM

I thought I read somewhere that this tower had already been FAA approved at 930 ft....

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 3:44 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Santander Bank Tower At 1401 Brickell Cut To Size After Feds Warn

Quote:
Santander Bank’s planned office tower at 1401 Brickell Avenue has been reduced in height to 844 feet after the FAA warned that a previously approved height for a taller building could affect flights from MIA.

In 2010, the FAA had approved a tower at the site that would be built at 950 feet above ground level, and that approval was later extended for a year. The approval expired after Santander postponed construction due to the economic crisis in Europe (Santander is the largest bank in the Eurozone).

Last May, Santander filed a request with the FAA to once again approve a tower up to a height of 950 feet. The feds reviewed the request and warned Santander that the height exceeded obstruction standards. Subsequently, Santander agreed to reduce the height of the building to 844 feet above ground level ‘in the interest of aviation safety and in being a good neighbor’, according to a letter sent to the FAA.

The newly reduced 844-foot height was approved yesterday by the FAA and expires in October 2015.
======================================
April 30, 2014
http://www.exmiami.org/index.php/san...ize-feds-warn/

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 5:21 PM
DENNAB

I think this is old news but still nice to see another tallest underway in Miami.

I believe the two 1000 footers planned are likely to be approved though, how on earth would they not "affect the flight path?"

The FAA is freaking dumb

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 2:00 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I think this is old news but still nice to see another tallest underway in Miami.

I believe the two 1000 footers planned are likely to be approved though, how on earth would they not "affect the flight path?"

The FAA is freaking dumb
I believe they actually did get approved which is great news. The FAA did approve this tower but not at the height the developer wanted, but they have made an agreement to make it 844 FT. This project is essentially ready pretty much. Just a matter of tenants and financing.

The Bank is considering a move to Miami too so I would imagine this tower will be good when it comes to tenants. Plus, the demand in Miami is great. I was just reading a article on how there is a shortage of office space. Which in retrospect, means more towers!

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post

The FAA is freaking dumb
This building is located farther south closer to the flight paths from MIA.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 1:14 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Banco Santander Brickell Avenue Site Listed, 80 Stories Permitted

Quote:
Up for sale: the Prime Banco Santander property at 1401 Brickell Avenue.

The Spanish bank once wanted to build a 950-foot tall Americas headquarters tower on the site, but those plans were cancelled in 2008 with the worldwide recession.

Santander held a design competition for their new Brickell Avenue Headquarters tower, with entries from KPF, SOM, Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners and others. The KPF design won.

The FAA initially approved the 950-foot building height, but cut it to 844 feet in 2014 when a new approval was requested.

A call for offers on the property is due November 1.

=====================
NXT

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 4:21 PM

Remember that vision for Sky City 1000 in Tokyo? This looks like a miniature version of that. I like it.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 4:33 PM
DENNAB

It looks almost 400 meters tall compared with the Four Seasons. As for the design... it's interesting, I suppose.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2017, 11:38 PM
Metal Up Your !

That's a cool skyscraper centerpiece!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive