HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
There's a few thousand units tied up in pending new construction permits and hundreds of new units in existing buildings in pending renovation permits. I figured out how to get these in an easy way.
Could you please share the list? I would love to send it to my Alder and ask for an explanation.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 12:11 AM
Chicago

400 N Elizabeth

March 19, 2024

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 12:11 AM
Chicago

225 N Elizabeth

March 11, 2024

March 19, 2024

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 1:57 PM
you know where I'll be

^ Those are a couple of sharp-looking additions. Thanks for the updates.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 2:02 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Seems like the construction pipeline is really drying up here. Major housing shortage incoming and already showing up in jumping rents.
Which is why right now is the time to stretch if you're a developer to get in the ground with 1 (or better yet more) projects asap. 2026 will be a phenomenal vintage for apartment delivery year....2027 will no doubt be really good too, but the sooner, the better if you love returns. Fully realize it's easier said than done right now.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 2:51 PM
TL;DR

^ Well, BCH lost and Rogers got re-elected to Board of Review, so the tax worries should clear up somewhat. But there are still lots of headwinds facing new construction.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 11:44 PM
Chicago

220 N Ada

March 25, 2024

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinChi View Post
Yeah I've heard a couple anecdotal stories recently where the City of Chicago permit process was the bottleneck holding up some routine renovations (my company's office, a friend adding an addition). I thought streamlining the Department of Buildings was a priority of recent administrations, starting with Rahm. And in the current environment, I wouldn't expect the department to be overloaded with requests. What gives?
Well apparently Judy (announced pre BJ) and Bob Falstrom both retired along with a bunch of long time Buildings department employees when Vallas lost. None of them want to be associated with the current administration. There is currently no more Asif style decision maker. Folstrom stepped into that role, but all the logical people who would fill in for him left.

I've heard the same, it's a total shit show and taking 9 months for anything to get reviewed.

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 3:55 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Well apparently Judy (announced pre BJ) and Bob Falstrom both retired along with a bunch of long time Buildings department employees when Vallas lost. None of them want to be associated with the current administration. There is currently no more Asif style decision maker. Folstrom stepped into that role, but all the logical people who would fill in for him left.

I've heard the same, it's a total shit show and taking 9 months for anything to get reviewed.
I wonder if David Anderson is still there? He was great to work with, but I believe he was concentrated more on self-cert project assistance. Shame if he left too.

I don't wanna say 'we all told you so' to naysayers regarding BJ's leadership potential and how City Hall would be fucked

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 7:12 PM

Dear Lord. There's an easy fix for the lack of experience in the department called a rubber stamp. Obviously don't cut corners on building inspections, but if they don't have enough experience/bandwidth to review the plans thoroughly -- just approve the routine requests and focus on the more complex; don't make everyone sit around in purgatory while you get your shit together!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations