HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 5:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Nice. Between Ernst & Young and WeWork, anyone know how much of the building is leased?
Well if Wework has 2 floors and what does Ernst have? 1? There’s only 2 more floors of office space. They should definitely add some more floors if they can.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 2:29 PM

The white box mystery is solved! They appear to be stacks of some sort of giant roofing tile.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 8:11 PM

I didn't realize that they were so far along

https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/...late-september

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 8:17 PM

Wow...yet the Whole Foods by me in Tempe is still not close to being done...they were suppose to open in April but that hasn't happened...

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 5:25 PM

Rendering I cant recall seeing, not that we need one anymore as its almost done but still:

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 5:25 PM

^^ that looks pretty damn good!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 6:57 PM

Is the Blanco tacos and tequila place opening on the corner of Washington and 2nd St? Like across from the clubs?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 7:02 PM

If only they would've had the budget for storefront/ curtain wall glass at all units instead of just the corners. Still a good look!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Is the Blanco tacos and tequila place opening on the corner of Washington and 2nd St? Like across from the clubs?
Going on the 1st St corner but still pretty much across from the clubs. Are any of them open still? It's been a while but I remember a couple months back that Sky Lounge or Bar Smith had a tenant eviction notice slapped on their door. I'm guessing Monarch Theater is still happening...

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 7:21 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
If only they would've had the budget for storefront/ curtain wall glass at all units instead of just the corners. Still a good look!
I actually like the brick look. It gives it the sense of an older building feel which Phoenix really lacks...even though it's new.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 1:26 AM

Does anyone know how parking will work at this Fry’s? I mean if you have to drive there will you still have to pay the full parking cost? I mean it would suck to buy two dollars worth of groceries and have to pay 10 or 12 more for parking.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 1:42 AM

Most stores in Chicago have heavily policed separate parking for the store. I used to use the Whole Foods at huron and dearborn and they had a wide open parking lot for years downstairs. Later they put in a person at the exit who would check for receipts and charge you if you weren't a shopper.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 3:13 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANUC View Post
Does anyone know how parking will work at this Fry’s? I mean if you have to drive there will you still have to pay the full parking cost? I mean it would suck to buy two dollars worth of groceries and have to pay 10 or 12 more for parking.
I remember Councilman Nowakowski asking about this during a city council meeting. It was ridiculous for him to think the city council should dictate this. Let it be a business decision that Fry's makes depending on its assessment of how important the price of parking is to its clientele who drive to the store. That said, I suspect Fry's will adopt some sort of validation system that lets its customers park for little or no cost in the building's garage.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Going on the 1st St corner but still pretty much across from the clubs. Are any of them open still? It's been a while but I remember a couple months back that Sky Lounge or Bar Smith had a tenant eviction notice slapped on their door. I'm guessing Monarch Theater is still happening...
Sky Lounge is the only one closed. I imagine someone will open that one again soon and maybe a cool remodel. Monarch, Bar Smith and Luxx are all pretty busy every weekend. There’s even a different club on the second level above Monarch. I still miss the old name of Monarch, PHX! I wonder if the apartments have sound proof windows?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 6:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANUC View Post
I’m sure one will just validate just like anywhere in Cityscape. All the places in Cityscape give at least a 2 hour validation.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 12:28 PM

As I mentioned earlier, Legends Entertainment District will have signage on Block 23. Confirmed they will have a HUGE digital display going up on the building (bigger than the one of Chase Field, and much lower to the ground level, so will be pretty impactful). The display is officially in fabrication.

We will have our mini Times Square knock-off!

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 4:10 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
As I mentioned earlier, Legends Entertainment District will have signage on Block 23. Confirmed they will have a HUGE digital display going up on the building (bigger than the one of Chase Field, and much lower to the ground level, so will be pretty impactful). The display is officially in fabrication.

We will have our mini Times Square knock-off!
I'm OK with this. I think Phoenix needs more pizzazz in Downtown

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 5:10 AM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I'm OK with this. I think Phoenix needs more pizzazz in Downtown
The analog billboards are lame and overcorporatize Downtown but if they had some sort of largescale video experience that wasn’t just ads but art too like Fremont Street Experience this could really be world class.

Who knew that the expense of blank walls and deadspaces on things like convention centers, arenas, and parking garages that are mostly publicly owned could ever be an asset to downtown one day.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 10:36 PM

Took a quick walk to Block 23 during my lunch and I did notice that some mature shade trees have already been planted all along 1st St. However, it was too dam hot to check the rest. Building looks pretty awesome from street level

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 4:34 PM
Modulator

Fry's official opening date will be October 23rd.

https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/...what-to-expect

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest