HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGeoNerd View Post
This site has a nice rendering and video showing what it will end up looking like, you can get an idea of how much taller than the adjacent twin buildings it is: https://sacrbr.aecomonline.net/
Kinda hard to tell even from the renderings. The building looks nice I just wish it were taller.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 12:00 AM

Are you sure it is not just the lower portion that is topped out with the upper stepped back still left to frame out? Doesn't seem even as tall as the twins yet.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 1:28 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanadvocate View Post
Are you sure it is not just the lower portion that is topped out with the upper stepped back still left to frame out? Doesn't seem even as tall as the twins yet.
Also there are these webcams. Looks like vertical steel is going up

https://app.oxblue.com/open/turner/nnrhproject

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 7:20 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Yeah no, I'm not actually okay with it. I rather those sites sit vacant until the next boom than to build a 6 story structure in the middle of downtown.
Majin, I don’t think anybody here would ever question your passion for the central city (with the exception of our tree canopy). But some of the most vibrant cities in the world are cities dominated by low and mid rise buildings. There are plenty of sites in the downtown core for residential high rises should they ever materialize. The two projects Marcos Breton mentions would still add a lot of residential units and much higher densities in addition to erasing years of blight. I love the Shornstein proposal on Capital Mall and it’s not tall. Secondly, it sounds as if Anthem remains open to the possibility of taller projects downtown if demand continues to grow.

I understand what you’re saying about the other mid sized cities seeing high rise residential projects materialize in their downtowns. But the truth is, they don’t have the same construction red tape and added costs that we have here in California to say nothing of the never ending lawsuits being filed.

I’m excited to see construction on J street. I don’t care if they’re 8 or 40 stories as long as they’re quality projects that bring more vibrancy to our central core.

BTW as a side note there’s something to be said about smaller projects. When people buy into a high rise condo or apartment project, the high rises almost end up like self contained cities within a city. People sometimes never venture out of their ivory towers. When i lived at 800 J street, I was out all the time.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 1:30 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

Hey, I just read that Tower 301 is breaking ground in 1 week. I also read that the new courthouse is breaking ground next month and the re-design adds 8 more stories and another 100 feet to its height. Also breaking ground next month is the Capital Grand Tower over 900 feet tall. This will join Saca's decision to build his twin 52-story towers at the site of the Metropolitan. Oh, and also read Libeskind came back and it says that he's breaking ground on Aura in January with The Epic going up simultaneously just a block away.. Oh, and I almost forgot... Amazon is building their World Headquarters on K Street next spring at 1075 feet.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 7:55 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactivity View Post
Hey, I just read that Tower 301 is breaking ground in 1 week. I also read that the new courthouse is breaking ground next month and the re-design adds 8 more stories and another 100 feet to its height. Also breaking ground next month is the Capital Grand Tower over 900 feet tall. This will join Saca's decision to build his twin 52-story towers at the site of the Metropolitan. Oh, and also read Libeskind came back and it says that he's breaking ground on Aura in January with The Epic going up simultaneously just a block away.. Oh, and I almost forgot... Amazon is building their World Headquarters on K Street next spring at 1075 feet.
Your satire is brilliant. Only 10 years ago all sorts of spectacular condo
high-rises were proposed and not one of them was built. Today they are still
not feasible, that’s why nobody has proposed any. Vanir tower was a joke
from the beginning by not paying any fees to begin the EIR process, just renderings.

Majin is an agitator, you people already know this and he has told me this
when we talked in private massages. He’s driven by one topic and enjoys
watching you guys react to his absurd height is everything argument.

For the foreseeable future it appears only the State of California will be
constructing high-rises in Sacramento, the private sector is not interested and
there is limited record showing the market can pay the high cost to do so.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 8:27 PM
BUFF$LUT

Quote:
Aw man I totally fell for this during the first couple of sentences.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 8:27 PM

I was wondering if anyone would be able to get a few photo updates of the Downtown skyline with the cranes that are up and the progress of Natural Resources building? Thank you!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Yea and the 36 story tower on 6th and capitol and found out that the Asian trade center 28 story hotel 40 story office tower and 26 story residential o wait the vanir braking ground tomorrow and just announced MLS approved SAC with a Team Yea the city skyline wouldn't even look the same with all of them past time proposals , Its always nice to dream though

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 4:07 AM

Update to the Sacramento Commons project:

According to Ben van der Meer of the SBJ, the developer announced at the groundbreaking today that they will build BOTH 7 story mid-rises. That’s 436 units! Awesome news.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 5:12 AM

Found this web site skyscrapercity.com looks like a spin off of this forum anybody else seen it???? Our forum seems to have the most updated and most conversations about Sacramento development and more options to see other projects around the world. love to see the different opinions on this forum, we have the best and most activity.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 5:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
Your satire is brilliant. Only 10 years ago all sorts of spectacular condo
high-rises were proposed and not one of them was built. Today they are still
not feasible, that’s why nobody has proposed any. Vanir tower was a joke
from the beginning by not paying any fees to begin the EIR process, just renderings.

Majin is an agitator, you people already know this and he has told me this
when we talked in private massages. He’s driven by one topic and enjoys
watching you guys react to his absurd height is everything argument.

For the foreseeable future it appears only the State of California will be
constructing high-rises in Sacramento, the private sector is not interested and
there is limited record showing the market can pay the high cost to do so.
Will there ever be a increase in the private sector? and what can be done to gain the private sector? Do you think government has a lot to do with these proposal never going threw?

Last edited by novatone82; Aug 29, 2019 at 5:45 AM.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 1:44 PM

Is there a "groundscraperpage.com", by chance?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatone82 View Post
Found this web site skyscrapercity.com looks like a spin off of this forum anybody else seen it???? Our forum seems to have the most updated and most conversations about Sacramento development and more options to see other projects around the world. love to see the different opinions on this forum, we have the best and most activity.
Skyscrapercity has been around for a long time (just like skyscraperpage) and is much bigger. They have way more international users and their US forums are more robust in areas where the SSP forums are lighter (ie. the Midwest outside of Chicago). A quick wiki search reveals that SSP is 4 years older with about 52,000 members. While younger, SSC has over 950,000 users.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamcityleo79 View Post
Skyscrapercity has been around for a long time (just like skyscraperpage) and is much bigger. They have way more international users and their US forums are more robust in areas where the SSP forums are lighter (ie. the Midwest outside of Chicago). A quick wiki search reveals that SSP is 4 years older with about 52,000 members. While younger, SSC has over 950,000 users.
Nice good looking on the info

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 9:21 PM

I almost never post anything, but I did want to mention all the construction in North Natomas and by the airport. If you haven't driven up the 5 recently, there are several projects under construction. There are several areas (circled) where housing is under construction as well, some not shown on the map (south of Arena). Anyway, a lot is happening, maybe even a new zoo...wishful thinking.

1) Metro Air Parkway Interchange (under construction) - New freeway interchange connecting Metro Air Parkway, which runs up to the 'new' Amazon building. (https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...with-more.html)

2) Greenbriar Development (under construction) - Nearly 600 acres, 3K homes, commercial, etc. https://www.cityofsacramento.org/-/m...4B98.PDF?la=en

3) North Natomas Aquatic Center (under construction) - http://bcaarchitects.com/portfolio/n...atics-complex/

4) Spec commercial/industrial (under construction) - sat unfinished for a while, there are several multi-level spec building finishing construction.

5) Hilton Garden Inn (complete) - just recently finished

6) Centene Sacramento Campus (under construction) - currently, two large, 4 story office buildings as part of new campus that takes up that entire area off Arena/I5 - https://www.centene.com/news/centene...to-campus.html

7) Another hotel under construction - not sure what it is yet.

8) Natomas Crossing Apartments (under construction) - Not too exciting, but it's getting pretty dense right there. - https://www.cityofsacramento.org/-/m...-WEB.pdf?la=en

9) Wyndham Garden Hotel (under construction) - https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...tomas/overview

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 10:52 PM

Thanks for that summary, but I think it's safe to say most people on this forum are interested in growing urban density and building high rises, not depressing suburban sprawl.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Is there a "groundscraperpage.com", by chance?
Or lowscraperpage.com

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljm View Post
I almost never post anything, but I did want to mention all the construction in North Natomas and by the airport. If you haven't driven up the 5 recently, there are several projects under construction. There are several areas (circled) where housing is under construction as well, some not shown on the map (south of Arena). Anyway, a lot is happening, maybe even a new zoo...wishful thinking.

1) Metro Air Parkway Interchange (under construction) - New freeway interchange connecting Metro Air Parkway, which runs up to the 'new' Amazon building. (https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...with-more.html)

2) Greenbriar Development (under construction) - Nearly 600 acres, 3K homes, commercial, etc. https://www.cityofsacramento.org/-/m...4B98.PDF?la=en

3) North Natomas Aquatic Center (under construction) - http://bcaarchitects.com/portfolio/n...atics-complex/

4) Spec commercial/industrial (under construction) - sat unfinished for a while, there are several multi-level spec building finishing construction.

5) Hilton Garden Inn (complete) - just recently finished

6) Centene Sacramento Campus (under construction) - currently, two large, 4 story office buildings as part of new campus that takes up that entire area off Arena/I5 - https://www.centene.com/news/centene...to-campus.html

7) Another hotel under construction - not sure what it is yet.

8) Natomas Crossing Apartments (under construction) - Not too exciting, but it's getting pretty dense right there. - https://www.cityofsacramento.org/-/m...-WEB.pdf?la=en

9) Wyndham Garden Hotel (under construction) - https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...tomas/overview
Isn't number 7 the new Centene Campus?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Isn't number 7 the new Centene Campus?
yes it is, sorry, put two 7's. It's the larger of the two. Anyway, no it's not high-density construction downtown, but it's nice to see Sacramento growing, not to mention some activity on this often silent thread.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area