HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballister View Post
Wildcat is an angry, misinformed guy (and appears to be a get off my lawn guy, too). Check out his “COVID is bullshit” posts on the Coronavirus page—it’ll make your pubes straighten.
I've seen. It is like reading a textbook example of Dunning Kruger effect.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 12:12 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
They guy is complaining about the lack of dirt roads, people not riding horses or having septic tanks...
Yea. He lost me at septic tanks. I grew up with a septic tank in my backyard. It was not pleasant.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 12:34 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats View Post
I can see why people in Prescott are worried. In just the short time I have lived here - I am worried about its growth. It might be just people coming up from the Valley ( I am seeing a lot of "Scottsdale" ..."Peoria"...etc., frames on the license plate). After summer, hope that will die down.
OH the rich hypocrisy of this portion of your post alone, lol, did you not see if when you posted it?

So when did Prescott hit maximum occupancy? Was it after you arrived, or is that yet to be? Many who live in Peoria and Scottsdale and the entire Valley have second homes in, or relatives in, or visit Prescott for business or other purposes that this has always been the case in Prescott. I have family that have lived there since the 80s and the Quad Cities area has been growing constantly and locals have long bemoaned the growth although that has only fueled the local economy bringing new business, fueling the local economy and demand that has been good for real estate values - otherwise Prescott could be another declining small size city.

To folks like my family who live up there, it could be argued you are no different than those who you are "worried" about due to the growth.

For me, contracted with one of the largest builders in the local area, I am very very happy people want to move to Prescott and the surrounding area.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Yea. He lost me at septic tanks. I grew up with a septic tank in my backyard. It was not pleasant.
My family had one growing up too. We lived on a private dirt road with less than 10 other neighbors. The neighbors didn't like to help maintain the road when it would wash out from the rain or snow thawing. Neighbors had horses and llamas. We had to drive 20 minutes to get to the closest grocery store or restaurant. We had to overpay for satellite TV and internet and they sucked. Rural life isn't fun for me. People take a lot of public services for granted.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINphx View Post
OH the rich hypocrisy of this portion of your post alone, lol, did you not see if when you posted it?

So when did Prescott hit maximum occupancy? Was it after you arrived, or is that yet to be? Many who live in Peoria and Scottsdale and the entire Valley have second homes in, or relatives in, or visit Prescott for business or other purposes that this has always been the case in Prescott. I have family that have lived there since the 80s and the Quad Cities area has been growing constantly and locals have long bemoaned the growth although that has only fueled the local economy bringing new business, fueling the local economy and demand that has been good for real estate values - otherwise Prescott could be another declining small size city.

To folks like my family who live up there, it could be argued you are no different than those who you are "worried" about due to the growth.

For me, contracted with one of the largest builders in the local area, I am very very happy people want to move to Prescott and the surrounding area.
The Prescott ‘metro’ is planning to grow to 750k by 2050. Let that sink in. That’s what - the size of ABQ right now?

New freeways, bus routes, airport expansion, etc all coming with this planning. You’ll have to look elsewhere to maintain a rural type of living pretty shortly.

Quite honestly I’ve had my eyes on the area for quite some time- have a good friend who lives up in the forest and works remote. Been considering doing the same. Gigabit internet to the house in the pines and working from your deck with a cool summer breeze - hard to beat.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats View Post
The City of Scottsdale is no longer "The West's Most Western Town." Growth is one thing - but to destroy the character of Scottsdale?!? Along with this kind of growth - comes big city problems. The pictures of recent month - shows that. The only reason Paradise Valley is the kind of community that it is - because of very stringent codes. You have to have at least one acre - and no industry! I grew up near the corner of Mockingbird and Cheney in the 1960's and 1970's. Just ranch style homes and a lot of land. It was NOT the mega mansions - as it is today. Wide open desert - to play - and it was SAFE!!!!!!!!!! Hummingbird and Blue Bird were still dirt roads! Everyone had septic tanks! We road horses behind St. Barnabas Church - on the DESERT - where they are building the Ritz Carlton resort! Judson was a school - not a development of expensive houses. Read where Hugh Downs just died. If I recall, he was part of the effort to stop the development in Paradise Valley - to destroy its character! Let the developers build like crazy in downtown Phoenix - or, the Biltmore at 24th St...or, Tempe! Don't destroy Scottsdale and Paradise Valley! I can see why people in Prescott are worried. In just the short time I have lived here - I am worried about its growth. It might be just people coming up from the Valley ( I am seeing a lot of "Scottsdale" ..."Peoria"...etc., frames on the license plate). After summer, hope that will die down.
Hate to say it but - the horse is out of the barn on this one. Like - as of 20 years ago. The last developable parcel of land in Scottsdale was sold last year and homes are going up. That’s just forcing new development to be more dense in existing areas as places are re-developed. Scottsdale is a brand and attracts people to it because of it. It’s associated with wealth and prosperity. It’s no longer the ‘west’s most western town’ - and hasn’t been since those horses left the barn 20 years ago...

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 6:21 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
The Prescott ‘metro’ is planning to grow to 750k by 2050. Let that sink in. That’s what - the size of ABQ right now?
Prescott is not going to grow by 620,000 residents in 30 years. At it's current growth rate which has been fairly steady at right around .80%, it will be about half that at 315,000. So around 545,000 est by 2050.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Prescott is not going to grow by 620,000 residents in 30 years. At it's current growth rate which has been fairly steady at right around .80%, it will be about half that at 315,000. So around 545,000 est by 2050.
I assume they are referencing Albuquerque city not metro which is 560,000 as of 2018.

I read an article around 2030 Prescott would join the Phoenix MSA/CSA, however that article mentioned the same with Phoenix/Tucson

***edit***
Found an article from 2019, I was originally thinking of a 2010 article
https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...th/3509155002/

Last edited by BA744PHX; Jul 8, 2020 at 8:17 PM.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 8:28 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA744PHX View Post
I assume they are referencing Albuquerque city not metro which is 560,000 as of 2018.

I read an article around 2030 Prescott would join the Phoenix MSA/CSA, however that article mentioned the same with Phoenix/Tucson
That would be the so-called "Sun Corridor" which I don't think will ever happen.

You have reservations and mountain barriers between the 3 areas. So they will never truly connect at least physically. Maybe around Florence to Coolidge and carving back to Casa Grande on down I-10. But that is a lot of land to develop. Nearly 2 times the amount of land the Phoenix Metro has already developed. Going North is even harder with mountain barriers making it impossible to develop. Combining Prescott to Phoenix would rely specifically on traffic commuting patterns alone. I think that has to be something like 19% of commuters going back and forth to be able to combine areas? Sean is the expert on this I believe. Maybe he could chime in.

But I just don't see these 3 areas ever being counted together.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalzonie View Post
https://eservices.scottsdaleaz.gov/b.../Details/51164

The info packet isn't posted yet, but looks like another slice of old town redevelopment. More info should be available on the link above once it is posted.

Appears to involve the parcel with the Triangle Building, which I have always found interesting.

http://modernphoenix.net/haver/trianglebuilding.htm
Scottsdale posted the info packet at the link above. Glad to see the triangle building is proposed to remain.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 5:34 PM
self-important urbanista

accidental post in wrong forum; deleted

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 9:12 PM

Triangle Building

Renderings + more info.

Nice to see that Gensler is involved: http://azbex.com/150m-mixed-use-proj...triangle-bldg/

Old Posted Sep 11, 2020, 6:16 AM

Axon new HQ Land Purchase

Axon bought 73 acres across from the new Nationwide HQ going up at Cavasson. Curious if they build it all for their own growth or have other plans...

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/a...ale-for-49-1m/

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 9:29 PM

Interesting proposal from Axon for their new headquarters.

https://eservices.scottsdaleaz.gov/b.../Details/51366

They didnt waste any time submitting this to the city after securing the land earlier in the week.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2020, 7:50 AM

Quote:

They didnt waste any time submitting this to the city after securing the land earlier in the week.
OMG - it looks like a Star Destroyer when viewed from above!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2020, 6:13 PM

Quote:

That's a bad ass design!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 7:42 PM

10/13/20 South Scottsdale Update

*WARNING PICTURE HEAVY*

South Scottsdale Update:

I guess no one really lives or goes around Scottsdale on here as there seems to never be updates... so I decided to go out on a brief tour for you all to update everything going on in South Scottsdale. DISCLAIMER: There are at least 4-6 projects I'm missing that are on the north side of Scottsdale Rd that were too inaccessible for me to safely grab a picture or I didn't realize until I drove by. There is a lot of transformation ongoing in the area. I am not sure of the name for majority of these projects so I will provide cross streets to the best of my ability. Also, the sun was rising and most angles are to the east so image quality may not be the best.

Little tidbits:

There's a Human Bean on southbound Scottsdale Rd across from the area with Bikini Beans.

One of the projects on northbound Scottsdale that I was not able to capture had two cores that were about 4 floors high, if my memory serves me correctly.

Former Mark Kia not yet demolished but signs advertising land for sale and zoned for Multifamily.

I hope you guys all enjoy.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2020, 4:01 PM

There is another project across the street from the Alexan Trammell Crow apartments north of Scottsdale & McDowell that is currently being graded.

Anyone know what this is? I heard rumors of a podium, structured parked but the economics don't seem to make sense at this locations given the size of the lot.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
There is another project across the street from the Alexan Trammell Crow apartments north of Scottsdale & McDowell that is currently being graded.

Anyone know what this is? I heard rumors of a podium, structured parked but the economics don't seem to make sense at this locations given the size of the lot.
If its the site north of the Dutch Bros I believe it was going to be a 4 story apartments with retail/ live work fronting Scottsdale (similar to what's being built across the street) except what I remember there was going to be one level of parking below grade. I'll have to look up the zoning package.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 4:43 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest