HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 1:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Worst case they will just modify it to accommodate the parcel not being ascertained.
I'd much rather see another developer come in and build something like 220 CPS or 520 Park. I'd much rather have a gorgeous 950' tower than a bizarre tower that's 1,550' tall. Macklowe won't live forever.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 5:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
ACRIS is fully accurate. It’s critical to the functioning of New York’s property system. The race-notice system for deeds, mortgages, liens, etc. relies on filings with the City, which are reflected on ACRIS.

This property was last conveyed via deed in 1971 to Francis Rosenbaum.

https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/DS/Docume...lt?max_rows=50
What I’m telling you is that you can’t tely on that. Macklowe and other developers often work under the radar.

Quote:
I'd much rather see another developer come in and build something like 220 CPS or 520 Park. I'd much rather have a gorgeous 950' tower than a bizarre tower that's 1,550' tall. Macklowe won't live forever.
To use the midtown east rezoning, you aren’t going to get a residential tower. To build a decent office tower, you need to be able to expand that footprint. That’s why Macklowe’s plan cantilevers over neighboring landmarks.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:23 PM

Just finish Met Life North to 1550' as planned. Much better looking building and no demo necessary

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:35 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
I'd much rather have a gorgeous 950' tower than a bizarre tower that's 1,550' tall

Personally I'd rather have a gorgeous tower that's 1,550 feet tall, and don't see why that's not possible.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 7:03 PM

^Completely agree. Even this "design" from the opening post would be a huge improvement IMO:

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 9:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
Just finish Met Life North to 1550' as planned. Much better looking building and no demo necessary
That’s my dream. I feel like I was robbed by the fact that it was never completed. But on the other hand, it allowed the Empire State to reign for so many years.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 1:20 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
^Completely agree. Even this "design" from the opening post would be a huge improvement IMO:
IDK why this made me laugh but it did.

Hell, even a DOB drawing thats just a rectangle via MS Paint would be better. On a side note, some of those so called "renderings" are funny on the "whats going on here" DOB posters we see outside of construction fencing. I've seen one, somewhere in Lower Manhattan, that was just a rectangle that they colored grey. I think on Water Street if i recall.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 12:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Lois Weiss from the Post seems to think this site is in play for Blackstone's new 1 msf headquarters as well, but I would say unlikely. It's just an available option (and conveniently about 1 msf of office space), but I don't think this will be a tower for those types of leases.

https://twitter.com/BetweenBricks/st...37077849018368

Quote:
Surely @SLGreen will try to lure them to 1 Madison; and smaller footprints at Macklowe's midblock E 51st tower if he can close on Venezuela site; and Boston Properties' 327-47 Madison.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Lol no joke, this is 100 percent an improvement over the current design.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 9:02 PM

Tower Fifth will have small floorplates for boutique financial firms, and a firm like Blackstone would need decent-sized floorplates, so probably not a fit.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 9:03 PM
BANNED

I don't see this monstrosity ever rising. Macklowe is 83 years old. He doesn't even own most of the parcels that he needs.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Macklowe is 83 years old. He doesn't even own most of the parcels that he needs.
I'm pretty sure Billy Macklowe, who's like 50, runs Macklowe Properties these days. And I don't believe he needs any additional parcels for this site.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 9:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I'm pretty sure Billy Macklowe, who's like 50, runs Macklowe Properties these days. And I don't believe he needs any additional parcels for this site.
Didn't BM and HM have a huge falling out a few years ago, and, thereafter, kept their companies separate? There is a lot of speculative space coming onto the market. This might not get financing any time in the near future.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 3:37 PM
New Yorker for life

^ As for Macklowe, it's not as if the company dies when he dies. I'm not even sure how much of the day to day he is currently running. We'lve already seen Silverstein step back from the day to day, even thugh he's still the face of the company. At any rate, I wouldn't look forward to anyone's death, because any of us could go at any time. As for financing, in most cases that will depend on finding tenants. There's a lengthy approvals process to go through before we can even get to that stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Tower Fifth will have small floorplates for boutique financial firms, and a firm like Blackstone would need decent-sized floorplates, so probably not a fit.
That's what I was thinking as well.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 3:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
^ As for Macklowe, it's not as if the company dies when he dies. I'm not even sure how much of the day to day he is currently running. We'lve already seen Silverstein step back from the day to day, even thugh he's still the face of the company. At any rate, I wouldn't look forward to anyone's death, because any of us could go at any time. As for financing, in most cases that will depend on finding tenants. There's a lengthy approvals process to go through before we can even get to that stage.

That's what I was thinking as well.
Macklowe Properties is a much smaller operation than Silverstein and not nearly as professional.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 1:42 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Macklowe Properties is a much smaller operation than Silverstein and not nearly as professional.
The size of the operation hardly matters when you've been in the business for years, and have several successful properties already under your belt. Macklowe is no newbie, as I'm sure you are aware.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 3:25 PM

It's time to build this tower.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 3:28 PM

Its time to build this tower and my question is , can this tower goes above 1600ft height ??

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridnyc View Post
Its time to build this tower and my question is , can this tower goes above 1600ft height ??
Maybe if he changes his architect and takes his cue from this image.

TK2000
http://forum.newyorkyimby.com/t/new-...loors/4403/354

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 4:41 PM

Who is the current architect of this monstrosity?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals