HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 9:04 PM

I would love to see some bigtime development on the north and east sides of Coronation Park. That stretch of Tache south of Marion is nice. It has a hill.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 2:03 AM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrh View Post
I would love to see some bigtime development on the north and east sides of Coronation Park. That stretch of Tache south of Marion is nice. It has a hill.
I mean, as far as that goes, that whole stretch of St Mary's is prime for bigger developments.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 2:59 AM

St. Mary's and St. Anne's have both been seeing lots of great organic development in the last few years. If you go through the residential areas between St. Mary's and the Seine there is a crazy amount of teardown/rebuilds and MFR infill. Especially around Youville and Des Meurons, it's awesome.

The city's loose plan of making St. Mary's 3 lanes each way is quite frightening to me, honestly. Not just because of price tag.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 3:19 PM
Formerly rypinion

There's digging occuring on the south side of Aubert, immediately east of the Verve Tache condo.

They aren't going particularly deep, and they've so far exposed two large cement blocks. Any ideas what's happening here, and what was there long ago?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywgwalk View Post
There's digging occuring on the south side of Aubert, immediately east of the Verve Tache condo.

They aren't going particularly deep, and they've so far exposed two large cement blocks. Any ideas what's happening here, and what was there long ago?
There was a large hydro tower, the galvanized metal type, along the south boulevard until about 2006. Could it be piles from that?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 5:02 PM
Formerly rypinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrh View Post
There was a large hydro tower, the galvanized metal type, along the south boulevard until about 2006. Could it be piles from that?
That seems very likely from the looks of the piles, and would also explain what seems to be a weird property line there.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 8:04 PM

IIRC there is another condo goin up there. This location is also where the original railway came through. It angled across the river into the forks area, prior to the highline being built with the new bridge to the north. So likely why the weird property lines. You can see the funny angles in the SW to NE direction.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2020, 6:03 PM

Anyone heard anything about the future of the burned down garage on Provencher?

Also, does anyone know who owns all the land on Rue Darveau? With all the development in Pointe Hebert it's shocking to me whole street is still completely empty.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2020, 3:29 PM

I wonder if it was hung up with the transit planning that has been ongoing. If they wanted to push the transit route through there. It would've likely affected Darveau.

There is some planning going on Tache at Hebert. I think it's being rezoned as R2. So maybe something similar to that other side by side that went up on Tache.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I wonder if it was hung up with the transit planning that has been ongoing. If they wanted to push the transit route through there. It would've likely affected Darveau.

There is some planning going on Tache at Hebert. I think it's being rezoned as R2. So maybe something similar to that other side by side that went up on Tache.
That actually makes total sense, good spot for a station if the RT were to go through North St. B to Point Douglas. Would feel like taking the train out of London following the Thames to the suburbs

Most of the properties on the west side of Tache there have been put up for sale. All except that one tiny house with junk in the yard that already killed one big project. Said house now has a big sign in the yard that says "825 Tache Condos Not Coming "

Old Posted Nov 24, 2020, 4:04 AM

In the Winnipeg Construction Association tender report there was a mention of a 6 storey, 200 unit building at the former Parmalat plant on St. Joseph. Construction expected 2022. So don't hold your breath. But maybe.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 5:28 PM

There was another project mentioned for 2021 today on the 100 block of Dumoulin, 6 storey, 29 units. Should be on the block directly behind that 155 Provencher project. No developer named, Verne Reimer is the architect.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 6:02 PM

Hopefully in one of those junkyard lots. Lots of projects continue to pop up in St. B.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 7:25 PM
surely you agree with me

I have heard the plan is to have a major rapid transit station where the canoes are in the boulevard at the end of the bridge on marion.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 8:03 PM
What could go wrong?

...but I like those canoes. They are Corten Steel.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 9:07 PM

That'd be a shame. I like that installation.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 9:24 PM

TOD at Marion and St. Mary's would be very nice to see. A complete rethinking of Dominion Centre, development on all the surface lots.. that intersection and its surroundings are primed for intensification!

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 9:28 PM

That'd be awesome.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 9:55 PM

738 Rue St. Joseph
Developer: Edison Properties
Architects: MMP Architects
Contractor:
Media: Consultation process for old Parmalat site ramps up
Description: Edison Properties is considering an application to rezone the vacant parcel so that it can eventually accommodate multi-family development.

Concept 1

Concept 2

Concept 3

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 11:02 PM

It'll be the 3rd option. No way the neighbours let them build a 2 towers haha hate to be cynical like that. But hey, there's a track record.

Edison rental continuing to spend big dollars. Didn't the younger generation oft hat family take over more recently? Maybe I'm not thinking of the right company.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan