HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 29, 2021, 1:47 AM
Posh

Update on the Waddel & Reed Headquarters. Taken 01-24-2021

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 2:25 AM
Posh

Waddell & Reed got bought out by an Australian company recently and a few months afterward announced they were not going to move into this new building after all. So it is no longer the Waddell & Reed building, but they're contractually obligated to complete it. So here is an update.

Pics taken week ago this past weekend.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2021, 2:08 AM
Posh

Three Light has begun groudbreaking recently, so I took some pics of the site:

Here's what it will look like:

Old Posted Aug 10, 2021, 2:11 AM
Posh

And some updates for Waddell and Reed, which is now called 1400 KC.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2021, 2:11 PM

Bringing here KC data from the Downtown thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriandrade View Post
Downtown Kansas City

------------------------------ 2020 ------ 2010 ------ 2000 ------ 1990 ------ Growth ------ Density

Downtown ---------------------- 9,743 ------ 5,089 ------ 3,755 ------ 3,856 ---- 91.5% ---- 35.5% --- -2.6% ------- 2.3 km² --- 4,275.1 inh./km²

Kansas City Metro Area ---- 2,136,403 -- 1,952,470 -- 1,757,083 -- 1,568,274 ----- 9.4% ---- 11.1% --- 12.0% -- 12,899 km²

Downtown Kansas City is all inside the freeway loop and the 4 census tracts match it exactly. Explosive growth and the adjacent neighbourhoods are also growing.

It's a perfect example on how even metro areas that people hardly associated with urban life, are also attracting tons of people to their downtowns.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 1:30 AM
Posh

Coming to the city waterfront: A privately-financed women's soccer league stadium:

Article: KC NWSL plans to build a soccer-specific stadium - Kansas City Business Journal

Old Posted Nov 19, 2021, 2:02 AM
Posh

Taken late last week.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 8:32 PM

First delivery of 700 tons of rail arrives for extension of Kansas City Streetcar

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...257032052.html

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 4:26 AM
クラブトクヨ

Very cool! Nice updates!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2024, 9:14 PM

Royals pick spot for proposed new ballpark

"The proposed new ballpark location is a 17.3-acre site bounded by Grand Boulevard to the west, Locust Street to the east, Truman Road to the north and 17th Street to the south. It would incorporate the former Kansas City Star printing press building at 1601 McGee St. along downtown’s south loop, just a few blocks away from the Power & Light District.

The 34,000-capacity ballpark would be facing northeast, with home plate off Grand Boulevard. Off Locust Street will be corporate offices, a new hotel and residential and entertainment venues.

The former Star pavilion -- a big, green glass building -- was vacated in 2021. It’s now owned by the Privitera family, and the land would be the focal point of the new stadium. A key factor in the Royals’ location decision was the South Loop Park Project, which would build a park over four blocks of Interstate 670 as it passes through downtown. The city is in the process of raising money for the $217 million project, and the current plan to cap the four blocks west of Grand Boulevard would be extended three blocks further to the east. How that extension is paid for is still to be determined. Public funding would cover some of what the Royals need to execute their vision for an estimated $2 billion ballpark and district. The rest will come from private funding, the team said."

http://https://www.mlb.com/mariners/...&sf108799013=1

Old Posted Feb 18, 2024, 4:25 PM

Overall, I like that proposal and location. Pretty solid and hopefully it happens.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 8:41 PM
Chairman

Amazing proposal. I hope this moves forward.

-sb

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 12:54 AM

At Independence and Hardesty in the city's Historic Northeast area, Arnold Development Group is advancing their massive plans to redevelop the former Hardesty Federal Complex into a mixture of usages. The main building is one of the largest buildings outside of Downtown KC.

Plans call for:
- 489 apartments with a majority being affordable and workforce. Around 80 will be market-rate.
- 30,000sf daycare center.
- 10s of thousands of square feet of retail space.
- A food hall.
- Farmers market.
- 850 parking spaces.
- 285 bike parking spaces.

The project is known as the Historic Northeast Market District. If the incentives and development planned are approved, I imagine there will be some initial movement beginning early next year. This project will also be a major shot in the arm to the surrounding area and anchor Independence Avenue, which itself has tons of opportunities to redevelop nicely. Independence was once studied as a Streetcar corridor and with a project like this coming down the pipeline, it's possible that the Independence Avenue Streetcar study is reopened. The surrounding neighborhoods are still dense and the further west you go, the more mixed-income the neighborhoods become.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 10:27 AM
Paramoderator

The Royals proposal involves demolishing a lot of very nice smaller pre war brick buildings. I'm not convinced it's worth it.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:06 AM
Chairman

Unless these handful of old buildings have any historical significance, I say knock them down for something better.

-sb

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations