HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 6:34 AM
Desert Dweller

Wow this is one awsome city, already better than Hutchinson Much more creative and full of detail! I see you like the Gas Company Tower, good to see more people appriciating LA's sexy towers. My favorite is the One Chamberlin Business Center, its a design I've never seen before, great effort. Although I like all the towers, very realalalistic depiction, I can picture Chamberlin in real life very easily.

How close is Chamberlin to Staunton? It would be cool to have both cities in proximity of each other

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 7:10 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Wow this is one awsome city, already better than Hutchinson Much more creative and full of detail! I see you like the Gas Company Tower, good to see more people appriciating LA's sexy towers. My favorite is the One Chamberlin Business Center, its a design I've never seen before, great effort. Although I like all the towers, very realalalistic depiction, I can picture Chamberlin in real life very easily.

How close is Chamberlin to Staunton? It would be cool to have both cities in proximity of each other
-I agree, L.A. Towers go very un-noticed, yet they are some of the finest examples of glass buildings anywhere in the world.
-Chamberlin is in Southern New Jersey boardering the Atlantic Ocean and Delaware. Chamberlin is about 20 minutes from Hutchinson, but I can move it further up north. That would be cool to have it close to Staunton. What do you think?
-1 CBC was the first building I made in the city and is still my favorite. I originally just went on sketch-up to make a building, and I liked 1 CBC so much, I decided to make a city.

Thanks for the comment.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 10:32 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

O my gosh! 1CBC looks just like one I designed but taller.

The one I have is a "sky city" type building. This one is just office right?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 10:36 PM
World Machine

Thumbs up A few pics for today......

These are just various shots for the city:

I'll post some more later. Leave comments and suggestions.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 10:39 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
O my gosh! 1CBC looks just like one I designed but taller.

The one I have is a "sky city" type building. This one is just office right?
-Yup, 1 CBC is on the Building Information post on the first page. Anytime you have a question about a building, you could probably find the answer there.
-Both of the CBC buildings are office. They are connected by an overpass on the bottom. 1 CBC has a 5 star restaurant on the bottom floor.

Look at the 2nd pic I posted above, thats the CBC Complex.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 11:48 PM

wow,slow down! I am so losing track of all these updates! you dont have to post 3 updates every day But it looks nice. That last roud of pics was nice,maybe more(but not right now )

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 12:05 AM
World Machine

TRI Backs out of Chamberlin Move.

Doug Meaks (CNN)- This afternoon, President, Chairman, and leading CEO of TRI Inc. Global: (Franklin Ashcroft) stated to the press that TRI will not be making Chamberlin the new capital of the their empire. The news came as an upsetment to the Mayor of Chamberlin: Richard Gears.
TRI has decided to stay in Hutchinson, but move and build their new Global HQ on St. Marks Island. The deal was made bwtween the City of Hutchinson and TRI late last night. The structures on the 2nd hald of the island will be leveled to make way for the 5 building, 14 million sqaure feet complex. One the other half of the island is the Hutchinson Hornets Football Stadium (which will stay).
A new bridge is also said to be built with more lanes to handle the expected high traffic flow.
TRI has stated that they will relocate all their offices in Hutchinson to the new compund on St. Marks Island. TRI also stated that 75% of their employees in Chamberlin will be moving to the new compund as well when finished (expected in 2015).
Though this has come to a huge blow to Chamberlin, the open space from the TRI clearout of 1 CBC will allow room for new companies. TRI will be keeping 25% of their Chamberlin Division employees where they are now. The TRI offices in Boston, Philadelphia, New York, and Staunton will remain the same.
TRI has branches in shipping, investments, finances, and is exploring new branches in oil and banking. The CFO od TRI Global stated,"This was a big win for the company. We were able to secure ourselves in a good location in a city that has been good to us and that we are comfortable in. Keeping our global HQ here in the Hutch has relieved much stress off the back's of the board. At the end of the day we felt relocating over the St. Marks Bridge was an easier move than moving many miles in the other direction. Luckily for us the city saw that as well."
The conglomerate has locations in 200 cities worldwide.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 9:27 PM
World Machine

I'll post an update tomorrow. Too busy today.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 12:32 AM
Desert Dweller

OOH! I love how One Chamberlin Business Center ends that road, man I really love Chamberlin.

You can keep Chamberlin where you want, but Staunton is in upstate New Jersey harboring New York City.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 4:32 PM
World Machine

Quote:
OOH! I love how One Chamberlin Business Center ends that road, man I really love Chamberlin.

You can keep Chamberlin where you want, but Staunton is in upstate New Jersey harboring New York City.
I'll keep Chamberlin in Southern NJ harboring Hutchinson.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 4:55 PM
World Machine

Thumbs up Today's Update:

Just some more building information:

1. The Chamberlin Hilton, built in 1987.
2. Above is a pic of the Chamberlin Covention Center that was built in 1993. Because of the real estate slump of the 90's, the city's budget for the Convention Center was low being that no profit was generated from businesses renting space in the city. In 2000 Chamberlin rebounded and completed the Convention Center as well as renovated the already built portion.

1. St. Peters Memorial Hospital, built in 1979.
2. St. Peters Roman Catholic Church, built in 1895.
3. Name: 1313 Federal Avenue
Tenants: BMW motors & Colonial Penn Insurance
Built: 2004
- BMW owns 80% of the building allowing them logo rights.
4. Chamberlin Square: was made in 1979 as part of the Dowtown Chamberlin revitalization plan regarding the street grid. (The only building that was not demolished in that 5 block area was St. Peters Church. Not counting the church, the hospital is the oldest building in the Chamberlin City Center being built in 1979).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some city pics:

Below: Looking down the Chamberlin Avenue Corridor. >>>>>>>>>

Thats all for now. Please leave comments and suggestions.
Enjoy!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 3:36 AM
Desert Dweller

PLEASE slow down I dont want you to run out of ideas too quickly! I really like Chamberlin I love the detail on the church (two different spires)

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 7:54 PM
World Machine

Thumbs up City Pics........

Nothing new today, just some various shots of the city. I'll have a nice update tomorrow afternoon.

The Heart of the Downtown:

Looking down Atlantic Avenue from the Central Business District:

Atlantic Avenue infront of the CFC. The large skybridge in view.

Chamberlin Square:

Downtown from overhead:

That's all for today. Please leave comments and suggestions. I want some more feedback to improve the city.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2007, 7:56 PM
World Machine

Quote:
PLEASE slow down I dont want you to run out of ideas too quickly! I really like Chamberlin I love the detail on the church (two different spires)
I'm not trying to go fast. Believe it or not, all the combined time spent on Chamberlin is equal to only 2 hours. Next week is busy for me, so updates won't be as frequent.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 12:07 AM
World Machine

Thumbs up Today's Update......

Hmmm.....no comments and all those pics.

Anyway, here is an update of the Central Business District of Chamberlin. Just a couple of projects I will show you today, the rest tomorrow.

This first pic is one of the new Verizon compund. It was completed last month (September 2007) after a 3 year construction. The compund is made up of 2 buildings. The taller one is Chamberlin's new Telecom Hotel built to better handle the cities demands. The shorter building is a office building leased out 100% buy Verizon Communications.

This next two building complex was also completed in the summer of 2007 (July) all part of the revitalization of the Central Business District. It is entitled the Chamberlin Banking Plaza. The tenants include: Bank of America, PNC Bank, UBS, US Bank, Washingtion Mutual, and the Savings Bank of Chamberlin. Building 1 has 65 floors (990ft) and building 2 has 64 floors (900ft).

That is all for today. Don't be shy with the comments, they are appreciated. Tell me what you like, don't like, suggestions, etc.....

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 12:24 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Well, I like updates but not just city shots unless some-one asks. Sorry I think I was used to that that's why I didn't post any thing.

See I really like the Verizon Building which has so much detail than some other towers. Great job, really nice.

Wait, are the CBP towers 900 feet to the spire or to the roof?

And, I think you should make more modern designs so it looks more realistic. A real city has real old buildings with real glass modern buildings.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 12:30 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Wait, are the CBP towers 900 feet to the spire or to the roof?
And, I think you should make more modern designs so it looks more realistic. A real city has real old buildings with real glass modern buildings.
They are 900ft to to the roof. 1 CBP is 990ft to the spire.
What buildings are not realistic?

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 12:49 AM

I noticed one of your buildings looks like the Gas company tower in los angeles nice . you got some really good buildings.
When are you going to texture them??

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 12:53 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanster View Post
I noticed one of your buildings looks like the Gas company tower in los angeles nice . you got some really good buildings.
When are you going to texture them??
Yeah, the Gas Company based tower is the Maersk Building (Northeasthern HQ of the Maersk Shipping Corporation).

I'm not texturing the city.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 12:54 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

They are all realistic but I mean you should add some other type of structures other than Art Deco etc...

Some modern towers would be nice, I don't mean like 80's but new new looking. Like the twin residential towers by the water. Those are nice. Just mix the old with the new. Oh, new towers are turning skinny-er and skinny-er every day so it might be good to make a skinny tall tower. Like the Trump Residential in N.Y.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup