HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 24, 2021, 2:41 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Demolition has begun for the Taylor Visitor Center at the MO Botanical Garden

photo by GoHarvOrGoHome at urbanstl.com: https://urbanstl.com/mo-botanical-ga...11786-s50.html

image source: https://discover.missouribotanicalga...g/TaylorCenter

Old Posted Jan 24, 2021, 2:43 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Re-posting from previous page...

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 11:33 PM

Green Street to Begin Construction on "Union at the Grove"

Quote:
The transformative 6 building development in the Forest Park Southeast neighborhood is set to begin construction in the coming months.

Green Street's "Union at the Grove" development, which focuses around vacant and underutilized parcels on Hunt, Vista, and Norfolk in the Forest Park Southeast Neighborhood, will officially begin construction on February 1st. An official groundbreaking is scheduled for sometime in the Spring.

The project will feature over 160 new apartment units, 80 of which are targeted as workforce housing with attainable rents, so, for example, that healthcare employees and medical school staff can live near where they work. Those workforce housing units will be mixed throughout the entire development instead of being pushed into a single building or two. Amenities include private entrances, courtyards and walking paths; shared rooftop terraces, balconies, and barbecue areas; and bike storage, mail, and secure package areas. The properties are walking distance from Forest Park, Tower Grove Park, Cortex and the Washington University Medical Campus.
Story Link: https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/g...n-at-the-grove

Rendering...

Old Posted Jan 26, 2021, 11:36 PM

OPUS Planning Development at 6630 Delmar in the Loop

Quote:
The OPUS Group, which recently proposed a new apartment building in Downtown St. Louis, has proposed an 8-story apartment building on Delmar in the University City portion of the Delmar Loop. The site sits between Leland and near Kingsland and Delmar and Loop South.

According to a U-City Planning Document, the new building at 6630 Delmar will replace the old Commerce Bank Building, parking lot, and former Craft Alliance building with an 8-story, 189-unit apartment building. All of those parcels will be merged as a result of this development. The entire development will be made up of Studios through 4 Bedroom apartment units and is geared towards students of the nearby Washington University (which is only a 10 minute walk away via the Ackert Walkway). The total number of beds in the building will total 476 and parking will total 400 spaces (366 garage and 34 surface). The ground floor will feature 5700sf of retail space, which helps add street life to the Delmar Loop corridor.

As for amenities, the building will include a 3500sf community plaza, two amenity decks, state of the art fitness center, spa, clubroom/game room, study areas, lounge, computer lab, outdoor area with pool, grilling stations, and more.
Story Link: https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/o...ar-in-the-loop

Preliminary Renderings and Floor Plans...

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 8:36 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

310 DeBaliviere construction progress:

photos by chriss752 at urbanstl.com: link

image source

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 8:45 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Expo at Forest Park construction progress:

January 21st:

photos by chriss752 at urbanstl.com: https://urbanstl.com/expo-at-forest-...7535-s400.html

February 7th:

photos by quincunx at urbanstl.com: https://urbanstl.com/expo-at-forest-...7535-s400.html

image source

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 8:48 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Nicklaus: To shake off Rust Belt image, St. Louis planners want a manufacturing innovation center

https://www.stltoday.com/business/co...b26245bb0.html

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 8:53 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Rezoning, Tax Abatement For 2000 N Broadway Passed By Board of Aldermen:

https://nextstl.com/2021/02/rezoning...passed-by-boa/

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 8:57 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Tax Assurance for 2800 S Jefferson Passes Board of Aldermen:

https://nextstl.com/2021/02/tax-assu...on-passes-boa/

Old Posted Feb 10, 2021, 4:49 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted Feb 10, 2021, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Norman Foster's tower in Philly and his tower in Calgary are so stiff and lack dynamic expression. It's static geometry multiplied & multiplied. Jeann Gang's tower here is like that but more ugly. It looks like Medusa's head rising up over the skyline. It's jagged and loud and does not say anything about the neighborhood. So, it says that it responds to giving more light, etc. per unit, but that shouldn't override it's overrall aesthetic to the city. It says that it relates to the forest? Really?! What a load of crap! It's jarring, and this would never fly in a place like Seattle where we have to go through multiple design reviews to show how it's massing and materials related to the adjacent context and larger context.

After several years of trying to convince the skyscraper heads in the Philly sub-forum that the CITC was an ugly, uninspiring monolith compared to the freshness, moderness and uniqueness of the American Commerce Center (as well as the potential of retaining and attracting a major company to Philadelphia), I'm finally happy that there's somebody on this forum who at least appreciates architecture and the aestethics that it's suppose to bring relative to a city as opposed to "it's over 1K ft tall and it has a spire so let's just build it" ethos that has plagued Philadelphia for several years already.

As for the "jeans gang" tower, personally I don't have a problem with it, but then again, since STL had traditionally been a mid-rise city (thanks to the Arch), that tower won't be the last within that area. I can see lots more mid-rises being placed in the near future and hopefully STL can follow in the same plans such as DC and SF. All three cities are of similar size and if SF and DC can grow, than surely STL can follow in the same pattern.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2021, 8:44 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

^ okay, but with all due respect this is not really the place to rehash it. i suggest starting a thread in City Discussions if you want to debate the subjectivity of design or its relation to context. i already demonstrated the hypocrisy of Orlando's screed attempting to canonize his personal tastes.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 12:19 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWant2BeInSTL View Post
^ okay, but with all due respect this is not really the place to rehash it. i suggest starting a thread in City Discussions if you want to debate the subjectivity of design or its relation to context. i already demonstrated the hypocrisy of Orlando's screed attempting to canonize his personal tastes.
My fault but as you can see, I don't regularly post nor visit the STL forum as frequently as the other forums so seeing the CITC tower of Philadelphia made me automatically post my views about the tower as well as architect Norman Foster. Thanks for letting me know but I thought that by responding it was it best way.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 6:48 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

^ no worries. appreciate the ideas, just trying to keep this thread focused on STL developments. i do think the topic would make for a good conversation over in City Discussions, though.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 3:54 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

New, greatly improved renderings of 1801 Washington just released

The blank wall that occupied the middle third of the street-level facade in the original rendering has been replaced with additional retail space.

Tax subsidies for the project were recently approved by the Board of Aldermen.

image source

Old Posted Feb 14, 2021, 4:36 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Demolition of unremarkable 1-story building is underway for construction of unremarkable 12-story hotel at 8135 Forsyth in Clayton:

image source

image source

image source

Old Posted Feb 14, 2021, 4:43 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

Construction begins on revised Delcrest Plaza development in U. City:

image source

Old Posted Feb 21, 2021, 1:06 AM
IWant2BeInSTL

60 Apartments Planned At Waterman and Clara in the Skinker-DeBaliviere neighborhood

https://nextstl.com/2021/02/60-apart...man-and-clara/

Looking south down Clara toward Waterman. The empty lot across Waterman and to the left (SW corner of the intersection) will be the construction site.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 2:36 AM

St. Louis City SC Stadium @ 22nd Street - February 2021 Update Drone Photos and Video...

My photos were also featured on KMOV Channel 4. Still a ways to go till completion.

Video Link:https://youtu.be/SdenhVFxJsA

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations