HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 5:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Could be. They’re gonna keep going to that well until it’s dry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aires-Row.html

Mystery buyer snaps up two condos for a combined $157.5million in New York Billionaire's Row mega-tower in one of the city's priciest-ever residential sales

By Ariel Zilber
14 Jun 2021

This tower will have a comparable 119 units, in addition to the hotel.
Great to know!
Billionaires' Row is a stretch of ultra-extravagance structures close by West 57th Street. High rises have gradually been getting taller and more slender for a really long time. Be that as it may, Billionaires' Row has brought about another type of high rise completely - the super-thin private pinnacle. Meanwhile, finding an affordable apartment in the city as a non-billionaire can be nearly impossible.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellason View Post
Meanwhile, finding an affordable apartment in the city as a non-billionaire can be nearly impossible.
You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Great to know!
Billionaires' Row is a stretch of ultra-extravagance structures close by West 57th Street. High rises have gradually been getting taller and more slender for a really long time. Be that as it may, Billionaires' Row has brought about another type of high rise completely - the super-thin private pinnacle. Meanwhile, finding an affordable apartment in the city as a non-billionaire can be nearly impossible.
I wouldn't expect to find an affordable home in Beverly Hills, Bel Aire, Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Roppongi Hills, Brickell Avenue, Fisher Island, etc. either

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 2:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanImpact View Post
I wouldn't expect to find an affordable home in Beverly Hills, Bel Aire, Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Roppongi Hills, Brickell Avenue, Fisher Island, etc. either
I totally agree.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 3:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Be that as it may, Billionaires' Row has brought about another type of high rise completely - the super-thin private pinnacle. Meanwhile, finding an affordable apartment in the city as a non-billionaire can be nearly impossible.
Sadly, this isn’t the place to go on your affordable housing rant. But to say that it’s impossible to find an affordable apartment in the city unless you are a billionaire is just ridiculous, particularly in a city who’s population has been booming (nearly 9 million). Be content with the extra boost in transit improvements this tower will provide.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 7:19 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Sadly, this isn’t the place to go on your affordable housing rant. But to say that it’s impossible to find an affordable apartment in the city unless you are a billionaire is just ridiculous, particularly in a city who’s population has been booming (nearly 9 million). Be content with the extra boost in transit improvements this tower will provide.
I'm not rich, but I'm able to own a home in New York (the Bronx, anyway) with a net worth of less than 1/20 of one percent of a billion dollars. Not everyone should live on 57th Street.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
I'm not rich, but I'm able to own a home in New York (the Bronx, anyway) with a net worth of less than 1/20 of one percent of a billion dollars. Not everyone should live on 57th Street.
To me, it seems like the quote is more about at least concern and perhaps frustration with income inequality in places like NYC. It can make you feel a little 'bad' about your plainish apartment or condo, even it is valued in the hundreds of thousands or if it is more than sufficient for you and your family, when you hear about people buying mega-homes for $100 million....(just my opinion)...

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 9:42 PM

If you want to complain about Billionaires' row and places like it (Whether for the skyscraper designs themselves, their thinness, etc. Or the costs associated), maybe redirect your attention to the outdated laws that are the reason they exist.
And I'm using this to Segway into this https://therealdeal.com/2022/01/19/h...is-tall-order/
This could be massive for the city if it went through, getting rid of the outdated laws made by people in the middle of the worst of 1960s suburban urban thinking.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 10:26 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
If you want to complain about Billionaires' row and places like it (Whether for the skyscraper designs themselves, their thinness, etc. Or the costs associated), maybe redirect your attention to the outdated laws that are the reason they exist.
And I'm using this to Segway into this https://therealdeal.com/2022/01/19/h...is-tall-order/
This could be massive for the city if it went through, getting rid of the outdated laws made by people in the middle of the worst of 1960s suburban urban thinking.
Removing the 12 FAR residential cap - and then amending the zoning to make it usable in the City - would induce a ton of residential construction.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 1:46 AM
New Yorker for life

People, I didn’t intend that as in invitation to continue a debate about affordable housing, but to end it, particularly in this thread. The discussion can be taken elsewhere.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 3:23 AM
New Yorker for life

Aerial view showing the dense surroundings of this lot, as well as proximity to Steinway....

Maybe one of our artists can insert the building here...

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 11:47 AM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Why are there two empty lots?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 11:43 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysiri View Post
Why are there two empty lots?
The other is a Vornado development...

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...=209237&page=3

Old Posted Apr 17, 2022, 1:42 AM
BANNED

I’m so pumped about 270 Park that I almost forgot about this 1,100’ icon!

Old Posted May 15, 2022, 4:15 PM
New Yorker for life

MAY 14, 2022

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:19 PM
BANNED

This is going to be a very nice addition to the Greatest City in the World.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:22 PM
Show me the blueprints

Who's genius idea was it to render in this building to what looks like a 9/11 dust cloud?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:27 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

its a stark design that will come down to material quality over flash as far as how impressive it will turn out and how it will appear to those of us out on the streets in the peanut gallery. and i would hardly worry about the use of materials for this address. it will be interesting to see as the facade goes up.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Who's genius idea was it to render in this building to what looks like a 9/11 dust cloud?
It's just fog man. It's there for ambience.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:50 PM

I'd love to see the concept design for this site go up somewhere. The detail on that thing was insane!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals