HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post

As for the more northern destinations on the Atlantic, yes, renting a house there is more expensive, but a lot of non "very very wealthy" people frequent those places you mention throughout the summer. People largely don't go there for family "beach vacations" though because the water is fucking freezing. People from the northeast wouldn't brave the long drive in insane summer traffic down the east coast to the Outer Banks if the waters off New England were swimmable for more than 5 minutes. Any of the "blue blood" New England states would take the summer family beach vacation $$$$ if they could.
The Gulf Stream really juts out after the outer banks. I remember going to rockaway a lot as a kid visiting my family in NY. I would probably die if I tried that now.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
I remember going to rockaway a lot as a kid visiting my family in NY. I would probably die if I tried that now.
The water temp can get to the upper 70s in the Rockaways, which is similar to the water temp in South Florida during the winter. Right now the water is currently in the low 70s, but we've been going through a stretch of below average weather for nearly a week.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions