HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 7:01 PM

http://picasaweb.google.com/jtatarazuk/Trinityplaza#

the pics are there. for some reason my pics vanish when I post them. maybe someone else can post em mo bettah.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 7:19 PM

looks like a real neighborhood!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 7:20 PM

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:09 PM

Nativeguy1964 - the bathroom looks to be 2 to 3 times bigger than the Fox Plaza's. Will you be moving into a 1 bedroom or studio? I like the wall separating the living area. Look forward to your apartment warming next year!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:16 PM

The bathrooms - are pretty big - when I walked through the model in the basement a while back - the first thing I said was - omg look at this bathroom." in fact, at one of the planning commission meetings, one of the commissioners... said " i wish my bathroom looked like that"

yeh its about 7 by 9 or so.

I'll be making beef bourgignon.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:18 PM

and home made blueberry pie.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:19 PM

in my "fabulous new kitchen" ( "price is right" music)

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:22 PM

click suite F cue 53 lol http://www.j-shea.com/TPIR/cues/index.html

1 dollar bob.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:29 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
Apparently a piece of concrete fell from the building recently and hit a woman on the head on Polk Street, so now the sidewalk is closed. I say apparently as the management has not give us any information as to why the block is closed. The press reported that a woman fell from a balcony - in the 38 years I have lived here no one has survived a fall from the Fox Plaza (at least 6 people have fallen to their deaths).
I read about that and they said she fell from like the 25th floor or something and survived. I couldn't believe that was possible. Something falling on her makes a lot more sense, though even surviving that is pretty amazing.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:32 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Let's see if this works:

These are all from nativeguy's Picasa page.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:48 PM

If youre going to the meeting tomorrow - they are serving horsdouvres

Old Posted Aug 24, 2009, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
I read about that and they said she fell from like the 25th floor or something and survived. I couldn't believe that was possible. Something falling on her makes a lot more sense, though even surviving that is pretty amazing.
The Examiner and Channel 4 got the story wrong about a fall from the Fox Plaza building.

I think it was a very small piece of concrete that fell from the building, maybe 2 inchs wide by 1 inch. One can see some rare spots where the concrete is flacking off. I suspect the city (we had an ambulance, fire dept. & police here) told the owners they had to block off the sidewalk till an inspection was made. As you probably realize even a small object can be deadly falling from a great height.

We have had people jump from all sides of the building. One man hit a tree and broke off a very large branch. One guy hit the Raffles Restaurant sign on the way down - the sign was dented for years after - no, it did not save him. I belive the Fox Plaza has the 2nd highest jump suicide rate, the Golden Gate Bridge being 1st place. There has been 1 murder (maybe 3) and at least 1 suicide within the building.

A few years ago I came home from work and discovered a window from the office portion of the building on the sidewalk. It had just fallen out. The manager's office was surprised when I pointed it out to them.

Enough off topic chatter!

Old Posted Aug 25, 2009, 8:22 AM

what was the topic again? wait is this the high speed rail blog?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 3:20 AM

that question and answer period was excruciating. I have to say there are a lot of "limited" people in this building. wow, did like 8 people ask the same damn question about parking or what? I don't know how most of these people have survived living in the city this long. wow.

so anyway, I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know except that, theres gonna be a huge bike storage area, and that the whole building is going to have maximum security via electronic entry for all lobbies, elevators, stairwells, laundry and so forth.
I just hope we don't still have some of those guards who act like the tenants are the criminals. expecially that philipino one with the attitude. Im sick do death of him.

so nothing really new to report guys. teh snacks were tasty and the staff and management were extraordinarily professional and gracious.
which is more than I can say for tenants who are worried about now having to walk around the block to get to market street, and how much work it will be to send out change of address forms, etc. please. unbelievable.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 5:42 AM

I cannot believe the other tenants. Native is right, the question and answer was amazing. Do you remember the woman that was concerned about receiving the apartment 94?

"my boyfriend and I broke up in 1994, so i don't want that apartment number"

"you can speak to office about it"

"i already did"

Or the woman that said she had someone living with her that's not on the lease?

"the paperwork said only tenants could move over. i have someone living with me that's not on the lease. how can they move over?"

"wait, they arn't on the lease? you need everyone in the apartment on the lease"

"oh."

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 5:50 AM
BANNED

I was, for a couple of years, president of my HOA. Very nostalgic. So many people are so clueless and, frankly, I find that cluelessness is more pervasive in San Francisco than other places in spite of people here supposedly being so highly educated and all.

Amazing that she just outed herself for having a roomate not on the lease. Obviously all she would have had to do is tell the movers everything in the apartment was hers.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 8:14 AM

part of the question I think also had to do with the fact that some people have lived for for x number of years but for whatever reason. changed their status and changed apartments. so they want to know which seniority date they have. I can tell you as a union member that once you change crafts or districts, you start your seniority over. and once you change apts, you have a new lease. at least that better be the case... or otherwise I would have traded my 1175 studio for the same one at 995 last year. but I didn't want my 2 years of seniority to start over.

dont worry. I will get to the bottom of this. Now that Its getting close, im switching into my no prisoners mode. and as I said, as a union worker, where the rules are spelled out and seniority is everything, I aint playin' yo... Im gettin mines. okay?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 8:22 AM

and I got some sharp elbows baby so don't even try it. ... some of these folks are going to blow it just cuz they can't follow the program. You know, where I work if you fill out your bid sheet for a job or vacation wrong, you lose out... ive gotten jobs cuZ other people messed up their shit .

alls fair. its on now....

Old Posted Aug 26, 2009, 8:30 AM

speaking of the perks I have as a union member of the working class, its very sad tonight that Ted Kennedy has died. He probably did more for workers in this country than anyone since FDR. not to mention all he did to advance equality.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2009, 2:54 AM

LARGE PORTABLE CRANE - I see tonight a hugh crane has been positioned at the Trinity Plaza site. Could it be that it is there to take down the construction crane? We should see something happen tomorrow.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive