HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 9, 2009, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
I have been in Europe for 2 weeks and just retruned this week visiting Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm and more. The architecture was quite fascinating - they have their own sytle that I have not seen before. Very civilized cities!

I understand that the owner of Trinity Plaza wants to lower the number of people who can move into Phase I of the new construction with rent control, this according to my neighbor. Anyone have information on this development? True?

I went to a condo warming on the 20th floor of One Rincon Hill. Spectacular views from the floor to ceiling windows in the living room!

A view of Phase I - the penthouse is the only area without windows on my end. Thanks for the info. nativeguy1964 from your end.

Sounds like you had a good trip.
Its just a parapet no penthouse up there.
There is no way the owner can change the rent control situation as 360 units was the deal. There's no way the bos will allow a change.
What your friend may have heard is the change in the recent amendment, that pertains to the definition of current resident.
it changes the meaning to mean those who live here at the time of "temporary cert. of occupancy" instead of "permanent cert of occupancy"
because at the time the temp. cert is issues, the process of seniority, notification, and choice has to begin. To wait unitl final certification, to begin the process would lengthen the process which is already going to be a huge proccess, to begin with. So, anyone who moves in here after the temp. is issued, would not be subject to the deal, however, there will still be 360 rent controlled units, its just that the starting rents on the post temp cert residents will start out at current market rate.

did you get all that?

Its just like the commission wanted to give tenants 5 days instead of 3 days or something like that, to make the choice and respond to management in writing, it was pointed out that giving and addtional few days to each of 360 tenants would drag the process out by a year.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2009, 5:36 AM

remember, each tenant start with #1 , thru #360, has to choose five apt numbers, inroder of preference, be awarded their choice per status, and has a fgew days to decide, then tenant @2 does the same thing. all the way thru 360. we'l be here all year as it is.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2009, 4:29 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Welcome back, Jerry. I hope you'll post photo threads from your trip.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Aug 11, 2009, 12:49 AM

Everyone, get ready...

Old Posted Aug 11, 2009, 2:02 AM

Nativeguy1964 - thanks for the clarification. My neighbor tends to not get the story correct! Good luck on the process next year.

I used the word penthouse in the other meaning, a structure on a roof for housing elevator machinery, a water tank, etc. My buddy here at the Fox Plaza is an electrician and taught me the other meaning as used in the construction industry.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2009, 5:10 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
I used the word penthouse in the other meaning, a structure on a roof for housing elevator machinery, a water tank, etc. My buddy here at the Fox Plaza is an electrician and taught me the other meaning as used in the construction industry.
Not to be picky Jerry, but the correct term is mechanical penthouse. At any rate, Trinity Place has a very nice one; I like the way that it shows from various angles.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2009, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
Not to be picky Jerry, but the correct term is mechanical penthouse. At any rate, Trinity Place has a very nice one; I like the way that it shows from various angles.
also known as the penthouse magazine. magazine being french for "store" fo course.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2009, 7:11 AM

edit where did you get that flyer? Ididnt get one. I knew about cuz i emailed the owners... but I didn't get an actual flyer.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2009, 5:41 PM

Peanut Gallery - thanks for the suggestion. I have posted some of my pictures of my rooftop tour in Stockholm, Sweden.

SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos - N - Z
Stockholm, Sweden - Rooftop View

Old Posted Aug 11, 2009, 9:18 PM

Trinity Plaza - Mechanical Penthouse

Today, Aug. 11th, I see windows being installed in the west side ot the mechanical penthouse. Soon there will be nothing new for me to post for the exterior! It has been fun taking pictures the last many months. Phase II on the horizon?

Old Posted Aug 11, 2009, 10:02 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Great! I'll check it out.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Aug 12, 2009, 8:41 AM

[QUOTE=Jerry of San Fran;4400987]Today, Aug. 11th, I see windows being installed in the west side ot the mechanical penthouse. Soon there will be nothing new for me to post for the exterior! It has been fun taking pictures the last many months. Phase II on the horizon?

are those windows.... or are they... "death panels"?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2009, 5:12 PM

The panels around the top are done. The only remaining materials I see on site is the last batch of windows for the units where the construction elevator is located on the east side so ill expect that elevator to come down soon and the crane as well. The meeting is the end of this month. The new relocation office by the pool is ready to open. The new building's lobby is getting the sheetrock now, to be followed by the marble finishes. From here, those tenants who have leases as of the date that the city issues "temp cert of occupancy" will begin the relocation process starting with model walk throughs, seniority list, and apartment choice. we choose 5 in order of preference to be awarded by seniority. with some exceptions ( one bedrooms, certain special amentiy units and so forth)

I do wonder if the old building will continue to lease units to newcomers after the deadline. those people will have an option to move into the new building but will not be given the preferential treatment. they will pay a new market rate base rent. subject to rent stabilization thereafter. So peoples, this is your last chance - bett pop down here to the rental office and get yourself in on it while you can..... ( calling all hotties )

Old Posted Aug 15, 2009, 8:28 PM

Thanks for the update nativeguy1964. You have a lot of excitement coming in the next few months with the big move into your new luxury digs! We will be keeping up with your latest posts for progess.

As of today most of the windows in the penthouse are in place as you can see. From my point of veiw the building is complete on the outside.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2009, 8:44 PM

1145 Market Remodel

For those interested, I have posted 2 photos of the progress on the remodel of the pyramid atop Sangioccomo's building at 1145 Market St. See My City Photos in the Forum section under "San Francisco 1145 Market".

Old Posted Aug 16, 2009, 1:50 AM

I caught glimpse of it in the alte afternoon sun yesterday from both the northwest, where the vertical metal fins caught the sun with sparkle-y reflection and the sunlight shining through the windows illuminated the interiors ( christ you'd think it was the taj mahal or something huh) and from the southwest - over by folsom and 9th or so, where the architecture of the different sections and exteriors - corner view - really come togther and stand out. It almost a signature building.... maybe I can get a pic brb---

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 6:30 PM

units tours weekend of oct 3/4 choose your top ten. move in approx 15 jan.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 10:53 PM

They may be offering an optional up grade to your apt.... a built in swivel thingy thats mounted on the dividing wall (half wall) so you can put a flat screen that will swivel to face the sleeping area or the living area... however - it may be a stupid amount of money - like 2 grand. forget it. they're crazy.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 11:40 PM
BANNED

I'm still waiting to see what they are going to do about the pediment, parking and other ground floor construction surrounding the building. Are they working on it? If not, had they better not get going if people are going to move in in January?

Old Posted Aug 22, 2009, 3:45 AM

The current parking is still available until they tear down the old building which could not be until early summer at the earliest. ( the final cert of occ. in the new building isn't till april.

few people here use the parking. the building A , entrance , lobby, elevators etc do not require the adjacent podium to function. The entrance to the lobby is from mission street and the lobby contains the elevators (3) to the community center and floors 3-24.

In the relocation office, they have so totally cool pics of the units, the building, and the detailed floor plans btw

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive