HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 12, 2019, 1:32 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

6000 construction jobs just with this development. Very nice. Midtown continues to be a hot-bed for construction jobs. Park Avenue will be quite busy the next few years.

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 4:49 PM
New Yorker for life

Councilman speaks...

Https://www.crainsnewyork.com/letter...-east-rezoning

Chase tower vote proves city still backs Midtown East rezoning

Keith Powers
May 14, 2019

Quote:
To the editor:

Greg David's most recent piece about East Midtown (“Would today's de Blasio have rezoned Midtown East?”) was published May 7, just one day before the City Council approved the new headquarters for JPMorgan Chase on Park Avenue. This is the first project that originated from and was approved under the 2017 rezoning.

All in, the headquarters will keep 14,000 good-paying jobs in Midtown and generate 6,000 construction jobs and $42 million in neighborhood improvements to accommodate growth.

This is a major win for New York City. There is no clearer example that the city upholds the economic success of the plan than approving the first project and keeping the city’s leading employer in Midtown.

This was true in 2013, 2017, and still in 2019.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 9:16 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Oppix56

Old Posted May 20, 2019, 8:21 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/featur...nking-colossus

Coming up big: How Dimon turned JPMorgan Chase into a banking colossus

AARON ELSTEIN
May 20, 2019

Quote:
By every measure, JPMorgan Chase dominates banking like no firm ever has.

With $32.5 billion in annual earnings, it's the most profitable U.S. company behind Apple and is the nation's largest bank by assets and market capitalization. Between 2013 and 2018, its stock returned 89%, more than double the S&P 500. Some $582 billion—a third of all deposits in the city—are stashed in its vaults. Until WeWork came along, JPMorgan Chase occupied more commercial space here than any other business. And in 2018 it regained its crown as New York’s largest public company, deposing Verizon Communications by pulling in $131 billion in revenue, per Crain’s research.

“I’m fully happy,” Chief Executive Jamie Dimon said this year on a conference call. “The franchise is strong.”

Dimon was referring to his bank’s quarterly results, but the words apply just as well to the colossus that the native New Yorker has built and managed in his 14 years as CEO.
Quote:
Dimon is getting the benefit of the doubt for now, with his bank’s stock up 16% this year—outperforming the overall market yet again. Near-term, the bank wants to extend its coast-to-coast franchise into such cities as Boston and Philadelphia, where its presence is minimal. It’s also planning to dismantle its Park Avenue headquarters and construct an even taller tower in its place.

“You guys thought I was kidding when, years ago, I said you’re going to have a golden age of banking,” Dimon told a group of investors last year. “You [now] have a golden age of banking.”

I want to see a piece title "How Dimon turned 270 Park into a colossus." But that will have to wait.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 28, 2019, 4:08 PM
New Yorker for life

MAY 27, 2019

10. 390 Madison

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 3:21 AM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
05/23/2019

CONVERSION OF ELEVATOR SHAFTS TO DEBRIS SHAFTS IN PODIUM FOR USE DURING FULL DEMOLITION, FILED SEPARATELY

Quote:
05/23/2019

USE OF MECHANICAL CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING TELEHANDLER,SCISSOR LIFT, MANLIFT,MINI EXCAVATOR,AND SKID-STEER TO INSTALL TOWER CRANE BASE FRAME, FILED SEPARATELY

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 4:32 PM
New Yorker for life

In case anybody was looking...

https://www.fosterandpartnerscareers...y.asp?VID=1175

Quote:

New York
Architectural Designer

Foster + Partners are seeking both an Architectural Designer and a qualified Architect to join their talented team in New York. You will be working on local projects in Manhattan and will be focusing on a variety of different schemes such as: Mix-Use, High-End Residential Towers to Hospitality schemes. We are seeking someone who has worked on the early design stages of a project working in Revit.

Get in there and get us some renderings dammit.

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 10:52 PM
BANNED

Talk about action! I have so many questions.

How will they limit dust at ground level if they’re using elevator shafts for debris chute?
How do you use a bobcat safely near the open shafts entrances?
Will the tower crane be used to disconnect and lower each steel beam one by one?

It’ll be very interesting to see if this structure comes down faster than One Vandy went up.

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 11:47 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Foster + Partners are seeking both an Architectural Designer and a qualified Architect to join their talented team in New York.
Plot twist: "Qualified" Architect actually winds up being Kaufman.

Rendering, with what the actual facade will look like too...

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 7:18 PM
West End & Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Plot twist: "Qualified" Architect actually winds up being Kaufman.

Rendering, with what the actual facade will look like too...

LOL, I recently convinced my cousin to change his wedding guest hotel due to it being a Kaufman travesty.

So Foster + needs a prelim Revit jockey, eh? I doubt that will be a tough spot to fill.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 3:21 AM
New Yorker for life

Latest permit filing...

Quote:
06/05/2019

INSTALLATION OF TEMPORARY PLUMBING AS PART OF STRUCTURAL DEMO PROJECT

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 11:28 AM

I predict a single spire for this tower. So far from Foster we have similar design language in 350 Park Ave, 425 Park Ave and the new Penn Station tower( guessing here). Respectively those towers have 2, 3, and 4 spires. So I’m gonna speculate it’s not coincidence and we’ll end up with a single point on top of 270. I’d like to see something similar to what Ping An was to get in Shenzhen.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 11:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefforbz View Post
I predict a single spire for this tower. So far from Foster we have similar design language in 350 Park Ave, 425 Park Ave and the new Penn Station tower( guessing here). Respectively those towers have 2, 3, and 4 spires. So I’m gonna speculate it’s not coincidence and we’ll end up with a single point on top of 270. I’d like to see something similar to what Ping An was to get in Shenzhen.
I think that the tower will basically look like the massing models (i.e., a simple box with a few setbacks). It seems that Foster envisions far more elaborate towers for 350 Park and for the Penn station area.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 4:24 PM
New Yorker for life

You may be in for a big surprise. The massing model is already different from the few derails we have gathered about the tower.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 4:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
You may be in for a big surprise. The massing model is already different from the few derails we have gathered about the tower.
I hope you’re right.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 5:00 PM
New Yorker for life

Quickest way to find out is to demand Foster/Chase release whatever renderings they have at the moment. Somebody get on that, and tell them we've been waiting.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Quickest way to find out is to demand Foster/Chase release whatever renderings they have at the moment. Somebody get on that, and tell them we've been waiting.
They announced the project before they started designing, hence the delay.

But models of the building showed up on someone's instagram story a few weeks ago- it is indeed blocky with no spires, but more nuanced then the massing model, with a definite peak.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 9:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post

But models of the building showed up on someone's instagram story a few weeks ago- it is indeed blocky with no spires, but more nuanced then the massing model, with a definite peak.
Sounds about right, but who knows what status that model has? It's all in the renderings.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 9:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post

Can you post the images or describe them if they're no longer available? Is it basically the massing model (i.e., a box with about 3 setbacks)?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2019, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Can you post the images or describe them if they're no longer available? Is it basically the massing model (i.e., a box with about 3 setbacks)?
Took a screen grab but don't want to host anything. It's not the massing from before, but its a box with about 8 setbacks, 4 on each side. If you look at the plan we saw, each of those 'jogs' of the floors overhead corresponds to a setback. The design seems far along

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction