HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 12:35 PM
Marcus

Crane went up this morning!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 1:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchabsfan View Post
Crane went up this morning!
Good stuff!

Maybe I'll swing by this evening and snap a photo.

I love how in the last few years there has been a continual progression of several tower cranes at once throughout the metro region.

Of course, it's nothing like Halifax, but it's progress nonetheless.........

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 2:00 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Indeed. Having trouble posting the image direct.

The site you're using doesn't allow its images to be copy/pasted. I'd recommend using flickr or imgur.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 2:18 PM

A little Crane on Crane goodness.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 2:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Great photo!!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 12:16 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A few shots of metro Moncton's newest tower crane at the Hyatt Place site next to the events centre:

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This picture is why I find it funny that there was concern over 3 trees being cut down. Moncton isn't exactly the concrete jungle.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 1:44 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Footings starting to go in for the new Hyatt Place Hotel:

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 4:28 AM

This is pretty much the only legal place I can fly my drone to capture this image. Altitude was set at 40m.

Sunset glare adds a little more color and contrast.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
This is pretty much the only legal place I can fly my drone to capture this image. Altitude was set at 40m.

Sunset glare adds a little more color and contrast.

I see some spots that could really use some beautification.

1. To the right of the Crowne plaza. From this angle you can see how dated the store fronts look and how empty it is directly behind them.
2. Highfield st. Should be designated a main artery and the city should look for big end development along it.
3. I would like to see CN or Via add some sound barrier walls that are visually appealing to the area. The other option would be to problerly cut the grass and landscape along the fenced area of the Via rail terminal.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 11:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Hyatt Place Hotel - Current status.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post

1. To the right of the Crowne plaza. From this angle you can see how dated the store fronts look and how empty it is directly behind them.
2. Highfield st. Should be designated a main artery and the city should look for big end development along it.
3. I would like to see CN or Via add some sound barrier walls that are visually appealing to the area. The other option would be to properly cut the grass and landscape along the fenced area of the Via rail terminal.
1. There are, or at least where plans by the owners of the property. I think some renovations to the fronts of all the shops including the old Acadian Bus building, and the front.

Note: I thought they had plans for a restaurants, or was that just hopeful rumors?

2. There are rumors of planned developments but none of the parties involved seem to own any land in the area. Yet.

3. That's a laugh all levels of government has to fight with them for any little thing, and then fold, and do it themselves. *Cough cough* Subway Bridge *Cough cough*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Hyatt Place Hotel - Current status.

It's great that they have finally started this project. It really made for to many projects announced, and none getting done let alone started.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:

3. I would like to see CN or Via add some sound barrier walls that are visually appealing to the area. The other option would be to problerly cut the grass and landscape along the fenced area of the Via rail terminal.
Lol you cant be serious???? Sound barrier walls? For what exactly? The 5 trains a day that rumble through the city. 2 of which go through when everyone is sleeping!! Good luck with that!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J81 View Post
Lol you cant be serious???? Sound barrier walls? For what exactly? The 5 trains a day that rumble through the city. 2 of which go through when everyone is sleeping!! Good luck with that!
How about for aesthetics and safety, stopping people from crossing the tracks... because a chain link fence doesn’t stop people as it’s very easy to climb. Also I just want to point out that people are allowed to give ideas. I am very open for debate and have no problem with some who disagrees with me, but you don’t need to be childish about it.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 6:51 PM

Quote:
How about for aesthetics and safety, stopping people from crossing the tracks... because a chain link fence doesn’t stop people as it’s very easy to climb. Also I just want to point out that people are allowed to give ideas. I am very open for debate and have no problem with some who disagrees with me, but you don’t need to be childish about it.

In theory a sound barrier wall would make more sense to build a staircase/pedway to cross the tracks as well. I could see it being lumped in with that project if it ever comes to fruition.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 9:30 PM

I've long been anticipating the first event and the hoards of able bodied people climbing that fence, and what the powers that be will be forced to do about it.
I don't know what a solution might be. I am surprised, however, that no one seems to be anticipating this issue and being proactive about it. I give it a week before there's a hole cut into it.
CN Police will have a field day handing out tickets. IF you think that's silly, ask around Sussex where they spent months charging little old ladies and men who cut the tracks just a few metres from the legal crossing. Even the deputy mayor's wife was charged.
The tickets are a best case scenario. The worst case, of course, will be an oncoming freight train smashing into one or more showgoers. Remember the train speed limits have been greatly increased through there a few years ago.
I'm not sure if a Trump like wall is the answer or what, nor do I think we'll see a tunnel or staircase in my lifetime. So...... guess we'll soon find out!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2018, 3:34 AM

Quote:
What exactly was childish about my response? So very sensitive it seems! However i will agree that something should be done to facilitate pedestrians moving from one side of the tracks to the other. A bridge or tunnel would be ideal. Not likely though.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2018, 2:36 PM

A simple enclosed pedway over the tracks makes the most sense... somewhat like this:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&sourc...34171021892294

I remember reading months ago that CN would not allow it (for some reason).

Old Posted Aug 12, 2018, 2:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The last half dozen posts probably belonged in the events centre thread.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 11:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Reposted Budyser's photo from the downtown thread.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces