HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 11:53 PM

Of course they are that crazy!

These are the mental midgets that had Hyde Park and Gainsborough torn up for multiple years.

The multi million "smart" traffic light management system that is dumber then a bag of hammers.

The geniuses that think spending half a million dollars to move the old lady's house is the right thing to do.

The people who had Dundas and Quebec dug up all summer long and had an opportunity to build an additional lane on the south side along Queens Park and the fairgrounds to have a dedicated left turn lane north onto Quebec.

Time after time they spent and waste money instead of doing the right thing the first time.

It seems to be by design. Because these epic failures in planning for the future can't all be by accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
And if they don't move Nan's house, it will be 2 years for that road closure.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned in the article, but the Wharncliffe project is listed as 2 phases in the city documents. Becher to Springbank including the rail crossing, and then Springbank to Commissioners. Is the city silly enough to actually close the intersection at Horton for several months (Stanley St intersection also is supposed to be lowered a few feet), and then close Wharncliffe south of Springbank later on, in effect, 2 construction seasons of closure? Rather than do these at the same time?

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 2:32 AM

Council votes unanimously to move the house across the road.

http://www.lfpress.com/2018/02/13/co...100-stanley-st

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Council votes unanimously to move the house across the road.

http://www.lfpress.com/2018/02/13/co...100-stanley-st
I am actually surprised the city didnt buckle, very happy to see this moving forward.

So basically now there is a 30 day period to try and come up with a reason the process is wrong. Aside from that she is basically done and the house will be moved!

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 6:05 PM

She should have taken the money. That house is not worth half a milion dollars on a good day in a hot market.

Last edited by Dupcheck; Feb 14, 2018 at 8:28 PM.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2018, 3:28 PM

If I was her at that age I would have taken the money and ran long ago. The house beside a busy road and main line rail tracks that will hear construction. I could see the heritage people probably feeding her misleading info since she would not know how to use the internet. Helping her convince herself to not take the money.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 1:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserLDN View Post
http://www.lfpress.com/2018/02/12/lo...en-during-work

I am not sure which way this should go on Spending more money to keep it open or spend less to get over with. This is a project though that has to happen. This is a prime example of why we shouldn't wait 20 years for major projects and think of the future when building things. This should have been done a long time ago when there was less traffic.
If people really want your business they will come to you. So sick of people bitching and complaining about construction hurting their business, I've had it happen at my work before and business was the same, even better sometimes. They also point out to the Oxford/Wharncliffe bridge saying that intersection didn't need to be closed, but thats completely different.. That bridge is at least a few hundred metres from the intersection, the one at Horton is a couple metres.

Somehow I can picture the house is going to come down while it is being moved over..

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeman200 View Post
They also point out to the Oxford/Wharncliffe bridge saying that intersection didn't need to be closed, but thats completely different.. That bridge is at least a few hundred metres from the intersection, the one at Horton is a couple metres.
Yep, these are 2 completely different projects. Not only can't they put the diversion track in like at the CP crossing, but they are also excavating the entire road bed and lowering Horton, Wharncliffe and Stanley around that crossing, in some cases by several feet. The new bridge is also going to be something like120 feet across, compared to the barely 50 feet it is now. CN is a huge project compared to CP.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 7:42 PM

http://www.london.ca/residents/Envir...xhibit%20B.pdf

http://www.london.ca/residents/Envir...%20Briscoe.pdf

2 links above show what land needs to be expropriated for a middle turning lane and wider sidewalks along Wharncliffe basically from the Thames river to commissioners rd.

Final report comes out in April through the link below.

http://www.london.ca/residents/Envir...20Mar%2013.pdf

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 5:15 PM

Preferred design of Wharncliffe Rd. S.

http://www.london.ca/residents/Envir...n%20Plates.pdf

and environmental study

http://www.london.ca/residents/Envir...ril%202018.pdf

I can't believe the lady didn't want to take the money and leave with such a large construction site literally beside her house.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:30 AM

Solid plans overall. Only hope is Granny NIMBY accepts the inevitable, and either allows her home to be moved or allows it to be sold to the city. Let's hope she doesn't bring legal action to stop or delay this project, that's well overdue!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpmasterdac View Post
Solid plans overall. Only hope is Granny NIMBY accepts the inevitable, and either allows her home to be moved or allows it to be sold to the city. Let's hope she doesn't bring legal action to stop or delay this project, that's well overdue!
It is my understanding that she cannot do much at this point, she can only challenge the manner in which the house is being moved and if that process falls out of allowable conditions...long story short she will need to spend a lot of money to try and come up with an issue to stop this and even then will just delay the inevitable.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2018, 5:07 PM
Sanity merchant

I can't stand this woman. I understand her issue, however, her age (honestly, she's not getting much more time left), and her weed garden have been blocked from her mindset, as it will only impact her fucking life. She can't see how much this is needed for London as a whole. I would happily go down there with some gear and help the city out if it meant moving her out

Old Posted Apr 7, 2018, 5:47 PM
User Registered

What a widened Warncliffe / CN underpass would have to look like to keep 100 Stanley Street

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Apr 7, 2018, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
What a widened Warncliffe / CN underpass would have to look like to keep 100 Stanley Street
And that wouldn't make her happy because there would be room for 2 new houses to the west of hers then, and naturally, those wouldn't fit the character of the neighbourhood.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2018, 10:12 PM
Sanity merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeffery View Post
and that wouldn't make her happy because there would be room for 2 new houses to the west of hers then, and naturally, those wouldn't fit the character of the neighbourhood.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
And that wouldn't make her happy because there would be room for 2 new houses to the west of hers then, and naturally, those wouldn't fit the character of the neighbourhood.
She would love it could expand her weed garden .

All while taking out a bunch of other houses, business' and costing twice the amount . But hers would stand

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 10:20 PM

Just saw on the news, the old bag of shit is appeal the Wharncliffe/CN plan to the ministry of the environment. As it's being appealed the city cannot expropriate property, get work permits, or start implementing the plans.City staff said the projects start date may be pushed back many months due to the time length of an appeal...

CTVNews Story: https://london.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1386401

Last edited by Pimpmasterdac; May 3, 2018 at 11:56 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 12:28 AM

Bag of shit? Really?

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Bag of shit? Really?
Maybe that was a poor choice of words to the poster above however this is quite ridiculous. So she is now appealing the process of how they want to move the house, it was my understanding that was the only thing left that should could appeal?

I really hope the other individuals who are pushing this women to fight this to the death are helping her financially. I cannot help but wonder how much money she is spending for lawyer fees, and time when in the end this is almost 100% going to be done.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 1:04 PM
User Registered

...Is all I have to say about this

My Simcity Stuff

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure