HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallerIsBetter View Post
Why does this have to wait until 2021? Why not much sooner?
Originally was not going to happen, then they said 2030 and now 2021. Granted I would love shovels in the ground tomorrow this is great news.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 7:02 PM

The 2030 thing was ridiculous. Bumping this up even sooner should be an election issue. They also need to design and expidite a redo of Oxford and Talbot, with a new four lane underpass for the CP tracks (and maybe widen Oxford St to six lanes over the bridge).

What they really should do is put Oxford under Wharncliffe and make Western Rd. N-S Rapid Bus Route #1, and make Adelaide N-S Rapid Bus Route #2.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 9:13 PM

I'm assuming that the city doesn't have endless pockets full of cash to be able to rush this into next year. I also think they probably have some property issues to deal with. Anyone know what other big ticket road projects are supposed to be happening in the next 2 years, and when the BRT construction is supposed to actually start?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstairsCranberry View Post
That one is more of a designated heritage property... Another century old cookie cutter.... Sigh, and an elderly woman not wanting it moved across the street. Untill she dies that will be among the worst intersections, especially for the safety of pedestrians. It's absurd.
Shes challenging the EA process, essentially that Councils assessment wasn't compliant with Ontario's environment assessment act. Not the end result of the widening, as that cannot be challenged. But it holds up the project, they cannot start utility relocation and property acquisitions until its over... Her house and weed garden looo like shit, needs to get out of the way of progress.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2019, 11:27 AM

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Why does this have to wait until 2021? Why not much sooner?
Just heard a clip on the radio where the mayor asked city staff at a meeting yesterday if this can be built sooner. He was told no, that the project is already proceeding on an accelerated timeline and is going as fast as it can. Which is disappointing, but better than the 2030 timeline originally.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 7:17 PM

I would hope the Mayor would push back on this. We should hear WHY it can't happen faster, and what would be needed to move it forward. Maybe it really can't be moved forward, but Planning needs to be transparent as to why they are saying that and if there is a reasonable way around that issue... Opportunity for the Mayor to respectfully take action and send a real message that stuff needs to happen without undue delay.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 7:58 PM

Quote:
I would hope the Mayor would push back on this. We should hear WHY it can't happen faster, and what would be needed to move it forward. Maybe it really can't be moved forward, but Planning needs to be transparent as to why they are saying that and if there is a reasonable way around that issue... Opportunity for the Mayor to respectfully take action and send a real message that stuff needs to happen without undue delay.
Agree as long as everything is out in the open as to why or why not, especially the public feels more comfortable. I am happy it is being done much sooner than 2030 but if funding is already in place good for the mayor to at least ask the question.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 9:53 PM

Closed for a day to repair the crossing. All the traffic has kicked the crap out of the crossing so the need to resurface it again. The project can't start soon enough to build the underpass.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...treet-thursday

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 9:28 PM

Council has approved the purchase of one of the houses needed for this project. 627 Central, which is the second house in on the south side, east of Adelaide, to make way for the realignment of Central at Adelaide. No idea if they have purchased the 2 buildings at the corner yet.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 11:03 AM

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 1:04 PM
User Registered

Let's hope they don't run into the same issues as the old lady by the Wharncliffe CN underpass refusing to move.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 12:55 AM

This is different than Wharncliffe/CN underpass. Adelaide underpass is rolling full speed and city is already getting the expropriation process going. Corporate services committee will pass the report and council will rubber stamp it in 2 weeks time. Expropriation will be completed by next year.

Wharncliffe/CN the city for whatever reason still hasn't started the formal expropriation process. There are a number of properties on Wharncliffe the city is going need to expropriate as well. I know the old lady is still on her cross about her losing her home and weed garden, but the city needs to end this saga. They've given her a more than fair offer to move her home, she's being stubborn time to end this once and for all!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2019, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpmasterdac View Post
This is different than Wharncliffe/CN underpass. Adelaide underpass is rolling full speed and city is already getting the expropriation process going. Corporate services committee will pass the report and council will rubber stamp it in 2 weeks time. Expropriation will be completed by next year.

Wharncliffe/CN the city for whatever reason still hasn't started the formal expropriation process. There are a number of properties on Wharncliffe the city is going need to expropriate as well. I know the old lady is still on her cross about her losing her home and weed garden, but the city needs to end this saga. They've given her a more than fair offer to move her home, she's being stubborn time to end this once and for all!
I agree, I have no idea why this has been going on for so long. One day that bridge is just gunna fall apart if they keep this crap up, I hate having to sit under it in rush hour traffic.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2019, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Let's hope they don't run into the same issues as the old lady by the Wharncliffe CN underpass refusing to move.
The one lady seemed like she might do something by looking for a lawyer, but most likely she'll end up selling to the city.

Old Posted May 2, 2020, 9:14 PM

City has taken down the trees on north side of tracks along the fence line of the park in preparation. Currently there is a horseshoe throwing area there which will be gone when they put the temporary roadway bypass in for construction of underpass. Not sure city has completed the property purchases as of yet. The building on the corner appears to be still occupied.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 11:16 AM

City hall is buying two properties needed for the Adelaide Street underpass, voting Tuesday to pick up 600 Adelaide St. N. for $650,000 and 625 Adelaide St. N. for more than $2 million. Project still on track to start in 2021.

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 3:35 PM

So 3 months ago the city picked up 3 properties on the west side (the collision shop on the corner and the 2 houses beside it to the south) for less than $500k, and they paid almost $700k for Yadi's Jewelry store? And $2million for the car wash (which I'm not sure if that includes the store and gas station since their address is 595 Adelaide).

Old Posted Jun 19, 2020, 1:14 AM

Council approves expropriation of properties - https://pub-london.escribemeetings.c...cumentId=73084

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 4:04 PM

Gas bar is now closed and the underground tanks removed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure