HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:51 PM

Beverly Hills got the subway stations because it is on the way to Century City and Westwood. I recall it didn't generate as much ridership as the Downtown SM station but it made the cut because the ridership was high enough for a station on the way. Obviously if it were at the end of the line (like DTSM) or on a spur (like WEHO), the hurdle would be much higher. Hancock Park didn't made the cut for example despite being on the way to Century City.

I think upzoning SM or Brentwood for that matter is not necessary for subway extension to happen. The ridership modeling for D line extension EIR didn't take into full account the Sepulveda line. If we revisit the EIR after Sepulveda line data is complete, the extension to SM probably will score high enough to get Federal funding.

Let's wait until the EIR is completed for Sepulveda... I think there will be a push to finish the D line "subway to the sea" once data is available to show Sepulveda line will overwhelm buses on Wilshire, Santa Monica Blvd and Expo line.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation