HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Especially with the waterfront development going on, it makes sense for them to want it to be connected to light rail. I always imagined Vancouver adding three stops to the Yellow Line, one at the riverfront, one in downtown, and a park and ride just north of downtown.
If the downtown stop was to serve Turtle Place, it would offer a ridiculously easy transfer to the Vine BRT Fourth Plain line as well as the planned Mill Plain Line.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2019, 5:33 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_man View Post
If the downtown stop was to serve Turtle Place, it would offer a ridiculously easy transfer to the Vine BRT Fourth Plain line as well as the planned Mill Plain Line.
Which this would be a smart move for everyone

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 1:34 AM
RCTID

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPO View Post
I sent a letter over to Kate Brown online that this project must include light rail. We as Oregonians must fight for light rail to be a requirement along with congestion tolling. I encourage everyone here to inundate Brown with constituent desire for light rail being included in this project.

And I like the idea for three stops in Vancouver another poster stated. The yellow line just makes sense in Vancouver proper.
Shouldn’t the letter have been sent to somebody that would actually do something?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdX Farr View Post
Shouldn’t the letter have been sent to somebody that would actually do something?
Can you tell me who to talk to? I really am not well versed in getting involved.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 1:59 AM

He was being cheeky...

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
He was being cheeky...
Oh, dear...

Edit: well, I suppose it’s also true. I can’t lobby public officials in Washington as I don’t live there, and they need to agree on including light rail.

Edit 2: I actually messaged Inslee in support of MAX on the Columbia River Crossing. Seems nothing to stop me.

Last edited by NOPO; Oct 13, 2019 at 9:46 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure