HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Ross Rulney's plans for 124 E. Broadway (the old Access Tucson building). It'll be mixed use between office/retail and residential.

Not bad given the requirements to maintain the historic facade. The real question will be what eventually happens with the parking lot on the corner, which he also controls.
I actually like it. I've noticed for years that the whole block between Access Tucson and 6th (?) Ave has 0 trees. The greenery will be a big improvement for that area. Just wish they included the lot to the west...

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 5:54 PM

In July, HSL submitted a preapplication for a new mixed use building behind/beside their vacant/derelict Hotel Arizona. This building would replace what used to be, IIRC, the hotel's event center and apparently currently serves as Tucson Roadrunners office space.

The plans call for two levels of underground parking, two levels of office, and up to six levels of residential. The max height would be 115 feet.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 6:02 PM

Finally, I think, in reading through the RN minutes from their June meeting, I noticed that someone mentioned that the Peach Properties 123 S. Stone project was still moving forward. This is the one that will supposedly house Chris Bianco's restaurant, although who knows if that's still part of the plans. Anyway, a zoning compliance letter was requested last week which is usually one of the first steps in initiating a project.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 7:09 PM

Hey Tucsonians, I don’t keep up with your thread as much but I enjoy seeing the progress being made in Tucson. Came across a site, not sure if it’s already common knowledge, that has several live cams of downtown projects and other developments. Enjoy!

http://tiboaz.biz/construction-cams/...d4cCyaXqxHFJMY

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:37 AM

Bill Buckmaster Friday Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheBurbs View Post
Has there been anything more definitive on the height of 75 E Broadway? This AZPM article mentions 12 floors, one story from AZPM last month said 19, the meeting transcripts from June 30 RN meetings said 20, and the May RN meeting transcript said "two floors of commercial, five floors of office and four levels of residential with some rooftop amenities.." plus parking which doubled from 250 to 500 spaces. It appeared to be 4-5 floors of parking before, so does that become 8-10? That would push it close to 20 if that configuration holds.

I'm hoping this latest article is just using old info, and that it hasn't shrunk back down again.
This interview for 8/7/20 still mentions from Fletcher a "20" story building for 75 E Broadway. Which I suspect AZPM published outdated information. He mentions around 8 minutes that the TCC will have a new set of meeting rooms on the West Entrance "right on the parking lot", not sure how that will look.

The interview mostly covers things we already know plus the negative outlook from the pandemic for Downtown businesses.

https://www.buckmastershow.com/2020/...wntown-tucson/

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Hey Tucsonians, I don’t keep up with your thread as much but I enjoy seeing the progress being made in Tucson. Came across a site, not sure if it’s already common knowledge, that has several live cams of downtown projects and other developments. Enjoy!

http://tiboaz.biz/construction-cams/...d4cCyaXqxHFJMY
I usually frequent the website but not much now. The author periodically stops updating for a while and then comes back.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 6:58 PM

The long-awaited Downtown Links project is scheduled to kick-off this month.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post
The long-awaited Downtown Links project is scheduled to kick-off this month.
To be completed January 2023 (https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...99s-26-Million & http://azbex.com/arizona-projects-08-07-20/).

Also of interest, an RfQ was submitted for a new Army National Guard facility near Rita Ranch. https://azbex.com/design-build-firm-...diness-center/

Old Posted Aug 15, 2020, 12:22 AM

ADOT Announces I-10/SR 210 Environmental Approval
The Arizona Department of Transportation has been granted environmental approval to continue moving forward with plans to improve two key corridors in the Tucson area.

ADOT issued a Finding of No Significant Impact after completing a Final Environmental Assessment for the Interstate 10/State Route 210 study in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act. The Final Environmental Assessment includes comments from the community received during and after public meetings in 2018 and a public hearing in 2019. The document is posted at azdot.gov/i10sr210study.

The study reviewed two highways within the Tucson metro area:

I-10 from the I-10/I-19 interchange to Kolb Road
SR 210 (Barraza-Aviation Parkway) from Golf Links Road to a future connection with I-10 along Alvernon Way
The recommendations in the study are intended to relieve congestion and improve traffic flow on I-10, and to connect SR 210 with I-10 to provide an additional route into and out of the downtown Tucson area.

A tentative implementation plan was included in the study, which outlines 18 future projects along the two corridors. 

Old Posted Aug 15, 2020, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
To follow up on this, the Final EA indicates we could see construction starting in 3-4 years on this project as it says on page 7:
"The I-10/SR 210 project will be separated into smaller projects for construction to be implemented over a 15- to 20-year period, as funding is available. The design of the first two projects, the I-10 TIs at Kino Parkway and Country Club Road, is included in the current Pima Association of Governments (PAG) 2020–2024 Five-year Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP)(PAG 2019). The TIP lists the I-10/Kino Parkway TI for design in fiscal year (FY) 2021–2022 and the I-10/Country Club Road TI for design in 2022. ROW and utility relocation work could begin the year following design, with construction to follow the year after that."

The phasing of the design is interesting as in the Initial Design and Concept Report it lists County Club Road's new TI as the first phase of the project and Kino Parkway's redsigned TI as the second phase.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 12:46 PM

Fast-growing wireless telecom company to open Tucson factory, creating 300 jobs

A Dallas-based company plans to set up a factory in Tucson, hiring more than 300 people to manufacture wireless radio components including equipment for emerging 5G wireless phone networks.

COMSovereign Holding Corp. announced Thursday that it signed an agreement to acquire a 140,000-square-foot building on 12.7 acres at 5120 S. Julian Drive, near Interstate 10 and East Irvington Road.

The company expects the building purchase to close in September and is looking to start hiring in mid- to late October for jobs with annual salaries ranging from about $30,000 to $150,000.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Fast-growing wireless telecom company to open Tucson factory, creating 300 jobs

A Dallas-based company plans to set up a factory in Tucson, hiring more than 300 people to manufacture wireless radio components including equipment for emerging 5G wireless phone networks.

COMSovereign Holding Corp. announced Thursday that it signed an agreement to acquire a 140,000-square-foot building on 12.7 acres at 5120 S. Julian Drive, near Interstate 10 and East Irvington Road.

The company expects the building purchase to close in September and is looking to start hiring in mid- to late October for jobs with annual salaries ranging from about $30,000 to $150,000.
I read and listen to Tucson media daily. I haven't read, or heard, anything about this anywhere.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azstar View Post
I read and listen to Tucson media daily. I haven't read, or heard, anything about this anywhere.
The link to the article is in the post.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 6:56 PM

Quote:
The link to the article is in the post.
Thanks. I completely missed it.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 2:01 PM

One of Southern Arizona’s first diverging diamond project breaks ground
New interchange at Houghton/I-10 started construction.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 7:46 PM

Does anyone know what's going up behind Thunder Canyon Brewery downtown? There's a crane and everything

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisWasntYou View Post
Does anyone know what's going up behind Thunder Canyon Brewery downtown? There's a crane and everything
This: https://tucson.com/business/lofts-an...c4a2a3afb.html

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 6:40 PM

Speaking of downtown cranes, the Hampton Inn/Home2 Suites crane is coming down today.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Speaking of downtown cranes, the Hampton Inn/Home2 Suites crane is coming down today.
Speaking of Home2 Suites, there is a proposal for a new one at Cortero and I-10 in Marana. This is in the same area as where they recently built a micro-hospital and some restaurants.

Hotel Planned for Marana’s Cortaro Ranch Dev.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Speaking of Home2 Suites, there is a proposal for a new one at Cortero and I-10 in Marana. This is in the same area as where they recently built a micro-hospital and some restaurants.

Hotel Planned for Marana’s Cortaro Ranch Dev.
Cortaro east of 10 is really filling out. Anyone know if there are plans to redo the interchange so the train tracks aren't at grade?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest