HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 7:56 PM

Yeah Dressing Room was a placce I was expecting to close, They've been closed since the end of March.

Its a shame glad something is going in there.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 8:19 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
The Dressing Room (and their sister, The Larry) were two of my go-to spots when I was downtown. The RoRo Burger at Dressing Room was one of my favorite things. Really sad.
I loved that RoRo Burger. The Dressing Room and the Larry have not been sisters for a while, though. Sometime last year, Conceptually Social sold the Dressing Room and be coffee to True North, which now seems to own most of Roosevelt Row. The Larry and its new Japanese sibling Kaizen are still owned by Conceptually Social down in the Warehouse District.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Yeah Dressing Room was a placce I was expecting to close, They've been closed since the end of March.

Its a shame glad something is going in there.
With the change in ownership mentioned above, I thought that the Dressing Room's time was limited. I think the pandemic just accelerated something that already going to happen.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 2:42 AM

https://m.facebook.com/superstition.meadery/

Superstition Meadery has put up some nice photos of their progress renovating the former Ong’s Market at 11th St and Washington. Check them out!

Another fine addition to the downtown drinking scene.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 12:04 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post

Superstition Meadery has put up some nice photos of their progress renovating the former Ong’s Market at 11th St and Washington. Check them out!

They're also going to have food, although I haven't heard much about the menu. Has anyone been to their tasting room in Prescott? I'm going up there in about a week and thought I might stop by, if only to pick up mead to go.

Last edited by exit2lef; Jul 30, 2020 at 5:14 PM.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
They're also going to have food, although I haven't heard much about the menu. Has anyone been to their tasting room in Prescott? I'm going up there in about a week and though I might stop by, if only to pick up mead to go.
I've been there once to have a drink. It's in the underground floor of a nicely restored building that's kind of like a big merchantile. Nice place to shop or look around and the meadery was neat.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 5:02 PM

I'm very excited about the Meadery. I've had their Mead and it's not really a type of drink I'm into - don't care much for wine, either - but it's clear they are one of the best around at their craft and the place will be great for the neighborhood. I wish them well.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 5:59 PM

Quote:
I'm very excited about the Meadery. I've had their Mead and it's not really a type of drink I'm into - don't care much for wine, either - but it's clear they are one of the best around at their craft and the place will be great for the neighborhood. I wish them well.
Superstition Meadery has won international competitions for their mead. It will be a destination establishment once completed. If it’s anything like what Welcome Diner did for Garfield, it will draw foot traffic across 7th St and into an area that needs it.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:04 PM

In other news...

https://www.scottsdale.org/food_and_...35f036cd4.html

A new brewery called, Roses by the Stairs (yes those are Blink-182 lyrics), is coming to 509 W McDowell Rd. This is the same parking lot as the future OSHO, which will take over the former Zoës Kitchen.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:05 PM
self-important urbanista

For those who have tried their product, what's a good introductory mead from Superstition, a nice way to start for someone completely unfamiliar with the beverage?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:07 PM

Quote:
In other news...

https://www.scottsdale.org/food_and_...35f036cd4.html

A new brewery called, Roses by the Stairs (yes those are Blink-182 lyrics), is coming to 509 W McDowell Rd. This is the same parking lot as the future OSHO, which will take over the former Zoës Kitchen.
Wow! This was the old Easley's Costumes place. Nice to see another brewery and good use of the building.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:08 PM

Quote:
For those who have tried their product, what's a good introductory mead from Superstition, a nice way to start for someone completely unfamiliar with the beverage?
One of the kids at King's let me sample a few flavors one day, I think the Peanut Butter Jelly mead was considered the most friendly. We enjoyed it.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 7:07 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
One of the kids at King's let me sample a few flavors one day, I think the Peanut Butter Jelly mead was considered the most friendly. We enjoyed it.
That sounds strangely alluring. I'll give it a try.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 8:15 PM

Quote:
I don't remember what I had, but I'm sure I just asked the bartender for his recommendation. It was definitely good, although pricey and not something I'm drinking often. I'm not much of a wine person either.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 7:08 PM

Quote:

Thanks for bringing this up. Jeff, the owner, is a friend and former co-worker of mine from his previous occupation. He's a great guy and will always offer an excellent, innovative product line.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 2:58 PM

https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/...FUgy0VU_ezv5xg

Here’s 6 bars/eateries headed downtown. The first few were in the previous article someone shared but there’s a couple more we haven’t touched on.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 6:08 PM

Quote:

Here’s 6 bars/eateries headed downtown. The first few were in the previous article someone shared but there’s a couple more we haven’t touched on.
Nice to see the Hardware Store come alive with Xico and Barcoa. Pretty cool concepts. Also, 2 more possible basement bars coming to the area is also a plus for me.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:08 PM

Barcoa, an agave bar, is coming to the old hardware building at Roosevelt and 1st Ave.

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/332133...mpression=true

Last edited by Classical in Phoenix; Aug 12, 2020 at 8:00 PM.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 7:45 PM
self-important urbanista

In other cools news, Tacos Chiwas is opening a location in downtown Mesa: https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...sa/3349904001/

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 8:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:

I wish all these people well. It is such a risky time to open an F&B business right now with so many uncertainties that can destroy you in a month's period of time.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2020, 8:22 PM

Quote:
In other cools news, Tacos Chiwas is opening a location in downtown Mesa: https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...sa/3349904001/
Love Chiwas. Happy they are coming to my neck of the woods, especially happy that they are locating in downtown Mesa. That store front is kind of cursed, they've gone through a lot of iterations in the last ~10 years. Hopefully Chiwas sticks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest