HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Crown Las Vegas in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Las Vegas Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 4, 2007, 7:47 PM

Now here's some genuine bad news.

Two Way Hard Three
is reporting that in an Archon (land owner) SEC filing LVTI has missed the second $40,000,000 deposit on the purchase of the land, but an agreement was reached to delay the payment until May 31 with a couple of $250,000 late fees. If they miss that payment the total price of the land will increase from $450,000,000 to $475,000,000.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2007, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiederi View Post
Now here's some genuine bad news.

Two Way Hard Three
is reporting that in an Archon (land owner) SEC filing LVTI has missed the second $40,000,000 deposit on the purchase of the land, but an agreement was reached to delay the payment until May 31 with a couple of $250,000 late fees. If they miss that payment the total price of the land will increase from $450,000,000 to $475,000,000.
Yeah, I've been following the delayed payments for several months now by reading the 8-K's from Archon. (Publicly traded: ARCH.OB) This is the third time that Milan has paid late fees to extend the down payment date. This time it extends to beyond the time that Milam is expecting to hear back from the FAA. Makes sense. Why pay a billion dollars (oops, I mean half a billion) for a property you can't build your proposed building on. In the mean time - he's spent several million in deposits and cleaning up the Wet & Wild site. Which tells me he is still serious.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2007, 7:47 AM

The recently cleared portion of the LV Tower site is being paved. I spoke with a construction worker who said they were making a parking lot for the trailers that are currently parked on the south side of the property next to the Fontainebleau. He said the trailers needed to be moved to make way for a new "resort hotel".

Old Posted Apr 7, 2007, 8:01 AM
Puyo!

Paved that fast? Wow.. That guy are definitely serious about it.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2007, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVegas View Post
He said the trailers needed to be moved to make way for a new "resort hotel".
Did he say which resort? Seems they were already out of the way for the Font, but they'll now be more in the way of the LVT. The LVT plans call for building a road along their south boundary, maybe they are going to do that first. But why pave a new area for more trailer parking there? If they are going to build LVT they need to get rid of those trailers entirely. Who's trailers are those anyway, are they used by the convention center?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2007, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiederi View Post
Did he say which resort? Seems they were already out of the way for the Font, but they'll now be more in the way of the LVT. Who's trailers are those anyway, are they used by the convention center?
He didn't say the name of the resort, but he did mention that it would extend from Las Vegas Blvd all the way back to Paradise Rd.

Your right about the trailers being used by the convention center. This sign is at the entrance where the trailers are currently located.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2007, 7:54 AM

Ah, Greyhound Exhibition Services, they probably have a preexisting lease to park there so the land owner has to accommodate them until the lease is up, and maybe they want to work on that south side so they moved them to another part of the lot.

And the construction worker must of been referring to LVT because the Font doesn't go back all the way to Paradise, it butts up against Turnberry.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 11:46 PM

I wonder if the Fontainebleau development next door is renting the site? They moved all the truck trailers to the newly paved part and now they are installing some conduit all the way from the north end down to the south end where the trailers used to be parked next to Fontainebleau. Guess they're gonna plug something in there.

Plus, these parts for the fontainebleau tower cranes are parked on the LVT site.

And they are starting to pile up Fontainebleau rebar on the south end of the LVT site.

Last edited by mdiederi; Apr 14, 2007 at 11:53 PM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 1:09 AM

so das this meens that the tower is going to be bult ?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 1:16 AM

sure looks like something is getting built there.

Seems some people in here are a bit surprised hearing about this project. Only thing that surprised me is that a building such as this doesnt already exist in vegas. After all, vegas is all about biggest and baddest .

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 1:27 AM

Great pics Mark, thanks. Are my eyes deceiving me or are they actually finally taking down the El Rancho sign? Looks like you are right. The Fontainebleau appears to be using the LVTI site for staging.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcclenon View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me or are they actually finally taking down the El Rancho sign?
I hope so, seems pieces could fall off and hit people on the sidewalk, it's getting scary looking.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 4:50 AM
(Middle-Island)

This thing is replacing the Stardust, I've read...Lost another great sign.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 11:00 PM
Puyo!

My opinion... well... who care about the size of the city, BUILD IT!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 8:41 PM

I had a hard time sifting through a lot of the childish posting in this thread so I hope I am not repeating anyone.

I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago and there was a piece on the local news about a new FAA-approved right turn for airliners taking off from McCarren. I guess that a whole lot of locals were all up in arms about the noise and wanted the right turn taken away. If that were to happen, aircraft would be coming a lot closer to the proposed site of LVT upon takeoff, correct?

By the way, the north end of the strip is a complete dump. They need a lot built up there to make it anywhere near as "inviting" as the south end. Whatever is going in directly south of Wynn was taking shape, but good god it must be the first time that construction company has used precast concrete. Gotta line up the seems a little better if anyone is going to believe it's anything other than a huge chunk of concrete

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 10:25 PM

So, what's the line on LVT getting built? 5-2? 10-1? Has to be a line on it in LV by now.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 11:35 PM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

This thread is going to get back on topic, or it's going to be closed.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 9:14 PM

They added some construction office trailers to the site, poured a couple small concrete pads towards the north end of the lot, and are spreading some sort of dark gravel. Kind of wonder if this is all for Fontainebleau staging?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 6:15 PM

So what is actually going on!? I see these site prep pics, is this for the tower, or something else? Obviously they had to get permits for whatever they are doing.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2007, 7:46 PM

Maybe it’s for a sales office? They still have to excavate the ruins of Wet n' Wild, so it will be a long time before we see actual construction of the tower.

We still have to wait until May 2nd to see if it gets FAA approval.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive