HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstoner View Post
I can see where many think of the Mag Mile as a destination, high-end shopping district and that Target's presence might cement perceptions of its decline. That's not to say that it would stick out like a sore thumb--there's quite a bit of dross there already--but there is something to say about the allure of luxury. In Paris, the Champs-Elysees is in the same boat. It still has a few of its Gucci and Prada flagships, but increasingly there's so much mid- and even low-end retail (e.g., Monoprix, C&A, Celio) there now that it is really no longer a "site" that any tourist needs to experience. I'm not sure the world needs luxury streets lined with pretentious brands, but they serve a purpose in promoting a city as desirable. Another analogy... Downtown Crossing in Boston had aspirations of being a high-end district with the completion of Millennium Tower, but then Primark, DSW, TJMax etc. took over and now it's pretty much a place for inner-city and lower-middle income suburban folks to hang out. Again, maybe that's fine, but it's nothing that tourist office is going to promote. I do think Chicago is losing something if it "loses" the image of Mag Mile as high-end.
I’m confused though, because people seem to be forgetting that right across the street there is an H&M, Uniqlo, and Verizon store. Down the block there’s an especially unsightly Walgreens. There’s also a Zara, and Banana Republic—which might market itself upwards but is still just a run of the mill mall brand. Theres others too; a Levis store, one of those makeup stores (ulta or Sephora, I forget) and probably more I’m not remembering. And let’s not forget that Macy’s itself isn’t exactly a paragon of luxury.

I guess my point is that the Mag Mile isn’t any more luxurious than Woodfield Mall, and a Target is much less unsightly than a giant “For Lease” sign in the window for the next 5 years.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
I’m confused though, because people seem to be forgetting that right across the street there is an H&M, Uniqlo, and Verizon store. Down the block there’s an especially unsightly Walgreens. There’s also a Zara, and Banana Republic—which might market itself upwards but is still just a run of the mill mall brand. Theres others too; a Levis store, one of those makeup stores (ulta or Sephora, I forget) and probably more I’m not remembering. And let’s not forget that Macy’s itself isn’t exactly a paragon of luxury.

I guess my point is that the Mag Mile isn’t any more luxurious than Woodfield Mall, and a Target is much less unsightly than a giant “For Lease” sign in the window for the next 5 years.
My own point was not about luxury, it was about shopping. Yes, technically you shop at Target and it is something that could be seen as a step up from a Walgreens with more options. And yes there is a small Walgreens on the Mag Mile a few blocks south. This is maybe a little more about the actual location and not just about it being Target. I think if Target said they would open a 15k sq ft store a few blocks south then it wouldn't really matter as much and nobody would even waste their energy on this. We are instead talking about them previously trying to take over a spot where Macy's was in a huge space. There are a lot better uses of this space than putting a gigantic Target store.

I'm also not really sure how you could fully compare Target to H&M. Sure, they both sell clothing (one has trendy-ish clothing at times and the other doesn't. Both are cheap). After that they are completely different businesses. Target's big format stores have full groceries being sold and then of course they have everything down to diapers, board games, and water guns being sold. It's not even close to comparable to something like H&M. With online shopping these days, selling those things IMO in a format like this is an even worse business than clothing, which many people still like to try on in real life (like me). Most people aren't going to favor buying a board game in real life over Amazon unless they need it ASAP.

Anyway, i'll put my feelings a different way as a former resident of within a few blocks of this, which is probably going to sound very weird to a lot of people. The powers that be should be doing what's in their power to not turn the Mag Mile from an outright tourist destination into a non descript neighborhood area that could be Anywhere USA that so happens to have some of the most well known buildings/addresses in the country (John Hancock, Water Tower Place, etc). Again a small Target store somewhere else even a few blocks south and nobody would even care. To me this all just kind of meshes even with the recent direction in marketing that gives the idea that nobody gives a shit anymore about having people finding out about the city.

To be honest, with dying retail except some forms of luxury (which is mostly on streets near Michingan Ave but not on it), part of the area should re-conceptualize anyway. I'm not talking about just calling it a day and putting a bunch of neighborhoody establishments in there (which includes big corporate entities such as Target or Walgreens) and making the area less into an actual destination.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 1:07 PM

I absolutely agree with those saying to maintain the character of Mag mile...I hate seeing big box stores like a target on the strip...We should look at the Mag mile and compare it to likes of 5th Avenue and Rodeo drive ( I know there is diff character of stores because Oak street area tends to have the very high end stuff) but this is our prime corridor which should be really carefully payed attention to and not watered down. I'm surprised we haven't seen some more higher end hotels/residential (outside of trump) pop up on the avenue in the past 10 years or so. I know the location by intercontinental hotel originally had a plan for a large skyscraper some years back.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 2:31 PM
The City

Quote:

Agreed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 2:35 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstoner View Post
Downtown Crossing in Boston had aspirations of being a high-end district with the completion of Millennium Tower, but then Primark, DSW, TJMax etc. took over and now it's pretty much a place for inner-city and lower-middle income suburban folks to hang out.
Downtown Crossing isn't Mag Mile, it's State Street. Because it's such a transit hub, it is a natural place for retailers to serve locals who are transit-dependent - who tend to be lower/middle income.

I think it's no coincidence that Mag Mile has stagnated just as its target demographic - upper-middle class or wealthy, educated consumers - are switching to online boutique brands like AllBirds, Everlane, Warby Parker, etc. That just leaves the tourists, who are looking for more experiential retail/flagship concepts, and area residents, who fall into the "online boutique" demographic but also need to shop for essentials nearby in their own neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
4901-17 N Paulina St - Paulina & Ainslie - in Uptown .

32 units
27 parking spaces
43 feet in height
A vacant SFH and 3 2-unit buildings will be torn down
Existing 15 unit building on the corner to remain (4901 N Paulina)
10-15 minute walk to the Argyle Red Line stop.

Hayes Properties is the developer and Foster Dale is the architect.
Zoning application: https://chicago.legistar.com/Legisla...vanced&Search=

Street view:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/49...9!4d-87.670634
Awesome to see a new courtyard building being proposed, even if the proportions and density are not quite the same as historic courtyards.

The draw here, of course, is not the walk to Argyle but the Ravenswood Metra station which now has trains every 15 minutes in rush hour and every 30 minutes outside of rush (hourly during early morning/late night). With a Mariano's nearby and other amenities, that increased Metra service is actually sufficient for a transit-oriented lifestyle.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 2:52 PM
Show me the blueprints

That Allbirds brand sure has perfected the art of the ugly shoe. And they are about 200% overpriced.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 3:09 PM

Quote:
My own point was not about luxury, it was about shopping. Yes, technically you shop at Target and it is something that could be seen as a step up from a Walgreens with more options. And yes there is a small Walgreens on the Mag Mile a few blocks south. This is maybe a little more about the actual location and not just about it being Target. I think if Target said they would open a 15k sq ft store a few blocks south then it wouldn't really matter as much and nobody would even waste their energy on this. We are instead talking about them previously trying to take over a spot where Macy's was in a huge space. There are a lot better uses of this space than putting a gigantic Target store.

I'm also not really sure how you could fully compare Target to H&M. Sure, they both sell clothing (one has trendy-ish clothing at times and the other doesn't. Both are cheap). After that they are completely different businesses. Target's big format stores have full groceries being sold and then of course they have everything down to diapers, board games, and water guns being sold. It's not even close to comparable to something like H&M. With online shopping these days, selling those things IMO in a format like this is an even worse business than clothing, which many people still like to try on in real life (like me). Most people aren't going to favor buying a board game in real life over Amazon unless they need it ASAP.

Anyway, i'll put my feelings a different way as a former resident of within a few blocks of this, which is probably going to sound very weird to a lot of people. The powers that be should be doing what's in their power to not turn the Mag Mile from an outright tourist destination into a non descript neighborhood area that could be Anywhere USA that so happens to have some of the most well known buildings/addresses in the country (John Hancock, Water Tower Place, etc). Again a small Target store somewhere else even a few blocks south and nobody would even care. To me this all just kind of meshes even with the recent direction in marketing that gives the idea that nobody gives a shit anymore about having people finding out about the city.

To be honest, with dying retail except some forms of luxury (which is mostly on streets near Michingan Ave but not on it), part of the area should re-conceptualize anyway. I'm not talking about just calling it a day and putting a bunch of neighborhoody establishments in there (which includes big corporate entities such as Target or Walgreens) and making the area less into an actual destination.
To me there are two options: transform the Mag Mile into an ACTUAL tourist destination, which would require some pedestrianization and a giant plaza at the actual Water Tower that can accommodate sidewalk restaurants and occasional events. In this case, sure--I agree that the city should do what it can to preserve some semblance of what seems to be a sort of dated view of the Mag Mile (respectfully) as a high-end destination for the for luxury shopping (or luxury fantasizing).

The other option is to let businesses fill up the spaces they want, because districts like this are flat lining and in 5 years it's possible we're praying for a Target to move in and fill some of the empty big box space that nobody else wants or cares about.

I guess there's a third option, which seems to be the one that is playing out: be picky and cling to a dream that the Mag Mile is something that it is not, and watch it empty out and eventually become home to lots of empty space and nail salons.

Personally, I love the idea of pursuing the stretch as an actual tourist destination with some progressive ideas to make the city more friendly to pedestrians (aka, tourists) to enjoy the beauty of the streetscape. But conservative Chicago won't go that route. Do we really think the Mag Mile as it stands now is a major tourist draw? Very few corners of the country don't have a Zara, H&M, or Levis store. And it's not exactly impossible to get b a Prada bag or Gucci sunglasses in Anywhere, USA, either. The idea of retail as a tourist draw is very dated in 2021 since you can buy anything and have it to your house in a middle American cul-de-sac in three days. So let's at least keep it alive as an active retail strip for residents.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Do we really think the Mag Mile as it stands now is a major tourist draw? Very few corners of the country don't have a Zara, H&M, or Levis store. And it's not exactly impossible to get b a Prada bag or Gucci sunglasses in Anywhere, USA, either. The idea of retail as a tourist draw is very dated in 2021 since you can buy anything and have it to your house in a middle American cul-de-sac in three days. So let's at least keep it alive as an active retail strip for residents.

I disagree on just about all of these points. There is a very human habit to look back at a major event and think "This will change everything forever!". The measures brought on by the pandemic combined with the economic dislocation that shuttered so many businesses has led folks to assume that major shifts in habits are underway. I think that's far too reactionary and this like every other event will eventually fade as we revert to the mean.

In this case you're wrong about the footprint for retailers. The last few years has seen them cull their brick & mortar footprint which accelerated in the last year. Stores that remain will be focused in major metro areas none of which are close to here. This is especially the case for retailers that have storefronts in malls where Class B and C properties basically collapsed in the last year triggering bankruptcies for their landlords (PEI, CBL, WPG among them). Mall traffic for high end Class A properties, judging by reporting from landlords SPG, MAC, and Brookfield, has rebounded very strongly.

Which brings me to the other point...people want to get the hell out of their homes. A year in lockdown seems to have worn out the appeal of staying at home and having things delivered. Rampant package theft plus the evaporation of the internet discount due to tax policy changes also help. Overall in-store sales eclipsed pre-pandemic levels in May and has been rising since. Couple that with a dearth of local options as store networks have been paired back and shoppers are traveling now.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Personally, I love the idea of pursuing the stretch as an actual tourist destination with some progressive ideas to make the city more friendly to pedestrians (aka, tourists) to enjoy the beauty of the streetscape. But conservative Chicago won't go that route. Do we really think the Mag Mile as it stands now is a major tourist draw? Very few corners of the country don't have a Zara, H&M, or Levis store. And it's not exactly impossible to get b a Prada bag or Gucci sunglasses in Anywhere, USA, either. The idea of retail as a tourist draw is very dated in 2021 since you can buy anything and have it to your house in a middle American cul-de-sac in three days. So let's at least keep it alive as an active retail strip for residents.
Personally I think that this should happen and they should basically reconceptualize the entire avenues stretch. And retail districts are not NECESSARILY dead. And as a resident of NYC for almost the last 5 years I will tell you this. Go to SoHo, even now. It is extremely busy and 97% of it is shopping with some restaurants and art galleries sprinkled in. However, i think it's so busy also because of the urban fabric. Extremely walkable, some streets are pretty intimate and some great architecture. Many of the stores in SoHo have other locations in NYC too like Midtown, UES and even Williamsburg but these days everyone and their mom wants to be in Soho. Oak, Rush, Walton, etc is basically burgeoning as this and from what I've seen, expanding even more. It would be smart for that to continue.. like your stores like Cartier to actually relocate to streets like this while Michigan Avenue reconceptualizes. There is so much space but there's a lot that can be done IMO with it. If that happened and there were way more restaurants on Michigan Ave than currently for example then it wouldn't be totally weird to see a large Target store at that point.. but I think right now it's a bit out of place and premature.

Also, I want to make a point that luxury retail is actually very strong right now which makes what I am pointing out above even more prevalent. This usually favors higher end and smaller/medium sized boutiques which is what I understand is happening in streets off of Michigan Ave right now as developers are actually building new buildings for it or renovating large spaces for that format like the building that used to house Barney's. As someone who used to buy a bit of higher end clothing myself (not as much anymore but still some), this is one thing I will not buy online for. If I'm going to spend $200+ for a shirt, then there's no way in hell I'm buying it online. Perhaps this is part of the reason why SoHo is just as busy right now as pre pandemic. At least 75% of the stores in the district are high or high-ish end. Personally though for Chicago I think Oak, Walton, Rush, State (like near No. 9 Walton) etc have way more opportunity to be something more special than sticking it in Michigan Ave..but thats just my opinion. High and medium end retail though is anything but dead right now believe it or not.

Last edited by marothisu; Jul 22, 2021 at 4:23 PM.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle View Post
Target has small format stores all over Chicago. If they were going to take space it would almost certainly just be on the 1st and 2nd floor. This was entirely doable and would have been a great addition for local residents, and nobody under the age of 40 views Target as a cheap crappy chain.

Talks absolutely collapsed because of this. Target would want to lease on the first and second floors where they have visibility and street frontage. However, that ruins the viability of the remaining Macy's space essentially transforming an anchor space into 7 floors of infill. Traditionally, when breaking up anchor spaces in other malls the new tenants would each get a slice of the exterior...which isn't really possible here. Brookfield is a savy operator so they're probably looking at repurposing options...like experiential or entertainment uses (all the easier with the Food Hall closing on the Mezzanine)...and shoving what's essentially a large Walgreens into the first level which has the only street facing would essentially torpedo that effort.

As for Target...I worked there in college and set up a couple stores...and it absolutely is a cheap crappy chain (literally given how many diapers people left in aisles). It's appeal isn't that it's quality it's that it is better than Wal-Mart (itself better than Dollar General) with similar prices. It's the store folks people move up to after college when they settle into their first job and the place parents go for things we don't need to last that long before a child outgrows it which is why its traffic is concentrated in the Age 25-44 demographic.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK47 View Post
I disagree on just about all of these points. There is a very human habit to look back at a major event and think "This will change everything forever!". The measures brought on by the pandemic combined with the economic dislocation that shuttered so many businesses has led folks to assume that major shifts in habits are underway. I think that's far too reactionary and this like every other event will eventually fade as we revert to the mean.
Large footprint retail stores were on life support LONG before COVID; the precarious future of the Mag Mile has nothing to do with any singular event in 2020.

Quote:
Which brings me to the other point...people want to get the hell out of their homes. A year in lockdown seems to have worn out the appeal of staying at home and having things delivered. Rampant package theft plus the evaporation of the internet discount due to tax policy changes also help. Overall in-store sales eclipsed pre-pandemic levels in May and has been rising since. Couple that with a dearth of local options as store networks have been paired back and shoppers are traveling now.
A great man once said... :
Quote:
There is a very human habit to look back at a major event and think "This will change everything forever!". The measures brought on by the pandemic combined with the economic dislocation that shuttered so many businesses has led folks to assume that major shifts in habits are underway. I think that's far too reactionary and this like every other event will eventually fade as we revert to the mean.
Quote:
Personally I think that this should happen and they should basically reconceptualize the entire avenues stretch. And retail districts are not NECESSARILY dead. And as a resident of NYC for almost the last 5 years I will tell you this. Go to SoHo, even now. It is extremely busy and 97% of it is shopping with some restaurants and art galleries sprinkled in. However, i think it's so busy also because of the urban fabric. Extremely walkable, some streets are pretty intimate and some great architecture. Many of the stores in SoHo have other locations in NYC too like Midtown, UES and even Williamsburg but these days everyone and their mom wants to be in Soho. Oak, Rush, Walton, etc is basically burgeoning as this and from what I've seen, expanding even more. It would be smart for that to continue.. like your stores like Cartier to actually relocate to streets like this while Michigan Avenue reconceptualizes. There is so much space but there's a lot that can be done IMO with it. If that happened and there were way more restaurants on Michigan Ave than currently for example then it wouldn't be totally weird to see a large Target store at that point.. but I think right now it's a bit out of place and premature.

Also, I want to make a point that luxury retail is actually very strong right now which makes what I am pointing out above even more prevalent. This usually favors higher end and smaller/medium sized boutiques which is what I understand is happening in streets off of Michigan Ave right now as developers are actually building new buildings for it or renovating large spaces for that format like the building that used to house Barney's. As someone who used to buy a bit of higher end clothing myself (not as much anymore but still some), this is one thing I will not buy online for. If I'm going to spend $200+ for a shirt, then there's no way in hell I'm buying it online. Perhaps this is part of the reason why SoHo is just as busy right now as pre pandemic. At least 75% of the stores in the district are high or high-ish end. Personally though for Chicago I think Oak, Walton, Rush, State (like near No. 9 Walton) etc have way more opportunity to be something more special than sticking it in Michigan Ave..but thats just my opinion. High and medium end retail though is anything but dead right now believe it or not.
It's difficult to compare foot traffic in Lower Manahattan with the Mag Mile. There are so many factors (density, world renown, etc.) that set Soho and the adjacent neighborhoods apart from downtown Chicago--and anywhere else in the country--that it's a too simplistic to say it's due to shopping. Shopping is supported there because of urban fabric there, not vice versa.

Interesting points by you and JK47 about class A retail doing so well. I think the ONLY way to capitalize on those market forces is to completely reimagine Michigan Ave to be, as you said about SoHo, more intimate and interesting for pedestrians. Michigan Ave is really one of the only streets downtown it would be possible to pedestrianize thanks to the lack of parking meters there. Unfortunately, the urban planning nerds here in this peculiar corner of the internet can all agree but it doesn't seem to be something with any sort of momentum in the real world.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 6:13 PM

I think they need to redo that entire corner of the building, make it all windows overlooking the Water Tower, seems pretty prime space to me if they do that. Put in some food spaces at the top (Spiaggia needs a new home now) and some anchor at the bottom 2. Still not easy to get to the upper portions from the outside but maybe that is good, will drive more customers into the mall to get upstairs.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 7:34 PM

Quote:
II think that's far too reactionary and this like every other event will eventually fade as we revert to the mean.
I think you are committing the same mistake, just in the opposite direction. Anyone old enough to remember life before 9/11, could explain how these types of events tend to change things in very specific ways.

I think COVID may have actually "shifted" the mean for online shopping. The 30+% growth rates of last year won't be maintained, but steady growth will continue on top of last year. COVID was a step-function for the growth of eCommerce. Brick and mortar will continue to exist, but will be incorporating things from the pandemic like in-store pick-up, more outdoor seating for restaurants, etc. It's also why you see companies that were originally online-only (Bonobos, Warby Parker, Suit Supply, Peloton, etc.) are now opening retail stores.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 11:32 PM

Quote:
It's difficult to compare foot traffic in Lower Manahattan with the Mag Mile. There are so many factors (density, world renown, etc.) that set Soho and the adjacent neighborhoods apart from downtown Chicago--and anywhere else in the country--that it's a too simplistic to say it's due to shopping. Shopping is supported there because of urban fabric there, not vice versa.
While true, it's really besides the point. Yes Lower Manhattan has a lot of things - East and West Village, Chinatown, etc but SoHo is absolutely dominated by retail clothing and accessory shops. In the last month, I have gone and shopped in SoHo and the stores were really busy. Retail shopping really is not dead at certain levels contrary to popular belief. That's the main point here. There is actually still a lot of demand at various levels for it in real life contrary to popular belief. But you know, at some of the lower end levels perhaps that could be more true now. I think it's maybe telling how there's actually a few new retail buildings being built around Oak/Rush as well as Barney's completely remodeling to handle a handful of smaller boutiques instead of one huge store. I think that is really the future if you're talking about downtown Chicago clothing - more high end/upscale leaning going forward most likely. So then what becomes of part of Michigan Avenue? Throwing a Target in there isn't really a great answer IMO but that's another story. As you said and we've agreed, it should really be deconceptualized but not to the point where it just becomes another non descript neighborhood. It should still be a tourist draw somehow.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 3:38 PM

^ That brick re-use on Grand is a great idea. I love that. An otherwise banal looking building is now interesting and history lives on.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 11:14 AM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
The draw here, of course, is not the walk to Argyle but the Ravenswood Metra station which now has trains every 15 minutes in rush hour and every 30 minutes outside of rush (hourly during early morning/late night). With a Mariano's nearby and other amenities, that increased Metra service is actually sufficient for a transit-oriented lifestyle.
I agree, plus it's not too too far from the Brown Line. About the same as the Red Line. Advantage if one were commuting to, say, the SW Loop. Slower than the Red Line but you'd likely get a seat. Plus several Express buses marshal at Wilson and Ravenswood.
[/SIZE]

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 11:24 AM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Michigan Ave is really one of the only streets downtown it would be possible to pedestrianize thanks to the lack of parking meters there. Unfortunately, the urban planning nerds here in this peculiar corner of the internet can all agree but it doesn't seem to be something with any sort of momentum in the real world.
The problem for Chicago is that it's become to dependent on buses running on Michigan.

My proposed solution, for at least a decade, has been to extend Lower Michigan from Grand Ave to LSD, maybe create a Lower Chicago Ave between Orleans and Fairbanks, and run the relevant buses under Michigan Ave, sorta like Seattle's bus tunnel.

I mean, an actual subway would be cool, but that would be even more expensive and ultimately less flexible.
[/SIZE]

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 12:46 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Joe View Post
cool to see this brick re-used on Grand Ave..

https://twitter.com/danielkayhertz/s...071998466?s=12
Actually, this is really cool. The building is a bit of a chimera, but in a good way. The green brickwork looks funky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jul 26, 2021, 3:40 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
The problem for Chicago is that it's become to dependent on buses running on Michigan.

My proposed solution, for at least a decade, has been to extend Lower Michigan from Grand Ave to LSD, maybe create a Lower Chicago Ave between Orleans and Fairbanks, and run the relevant buses under Michigan Ave, sorta like Seattle's bus tunnel.

I mean, an actual subway would be cool, but that would be even more expensive and ultimately less flexible.

Yeah, that would be amazing, although even better might be extending ME underneath there and then along north LSD... but I dream.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2021, 9:52 PM
Urbane observer

A Lower Michigan bus tunnel is better because it gets people where they really want to go at both ends. Extending Metra Electric deposits office workers east of Michigan Avenue each morning, with a long walk or transfer to a bus to reach a West Loop office. Each evening, it dumps them in the middle of a park, facing a potentially cold, snowy walk west several blocks to where they live.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development