HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 3:22 AM

@gianlorenzo_photography on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9_4YwF18E/

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 6:04 AM

Taken in the afternoon 1/12/2021.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 6:06 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nick- View Post
Taken in the afternoon 1/13/2021.
A post from the future!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2021, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCorsair87 View Post
We really built a lot of this "style" this cycle. In One Chicago, 300N Michigan, The Paragon, River Point, 150 Riverside, and WPE. Am I missing anything? Some are certainly better than others.

Is there any other US city seeing this large of a percentage of new buildings with blue glass recently constructed?
Nashville. I was there 5 years ago and it was just starting. This year Ive been back and forth to FL a few times driving through and I swear the skyline has more than doubled since 2015, almost all blue glass boxes. A few with McHugh Construction tower cranes too!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2021, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0 View Post
Nashville. I was there 5 years ago and it was just starting. This year Ive been back and forth to FL a few times driving through and I swear the skyline has more than doubled since 2015, almost all blue glass boxes. A few with McHugh Construction tower cranes too!
I invite you to search for images of Hudson Yards in New York City. It's not even halfway complete. At least in Chicago, these buildings are spread throughout a city awash in stone, black, brown, beige, white, and other colors. Honestly, the addition of these blue glass boxes in Chicago are mostly welcome to change up the color palette.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2021, 2:54 PM

1-15. The crane must have just jumped as now I can see it from my apartment in Fulton River District peeking above Presidential Towers.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2021, 4:48 PM

Quote:
I was just there last week. The number of cranes spread throughout the downtown area is insane. 40+ tower cranes. Many sites just a few floors out of the ground. I was watching a new Marcus Lemonis show on CNBC the other day which had a parking lot owner on it who sold his downtown surface lot for 3 million two years ago. It just changed hands again for $6 million.

BTT you make a good point- Our new blue glass towers are relatively well-spread throughout the city. I'd still take a HY development here any day!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2021, 9:12 PM
Team Alinghi

Quote:
Nashville.
Indeed, I was there in October and thought the amount of high-rise construction was nuts.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction