HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 10:36 PM

There is a crane at the Benedictine monastery on Country club now.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 12:43 AM

Any update on 75 E. Broadway?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
There is a crane at the Benedictine monastery on Country club now.
And earth being moved at the UA tech park on Kino.

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadedos View Post
Any update on 75 E. Broadway?
Good news. Still moving forward! Even better news, it is up to twenty two stories. Bautista project west of I10 is still in the works as well. It is expected to break ground. Both these projects are combined at $177 million. You can listen to it here:

https://www.buckmastershow.com/2020/...recovery-plan/

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Good news. Still moving forward! Even better news, it is up to twenty two stories. Bautista project west of I10 is still in the works as well. It is expected to break ground. Both these projects are combined at $177 million. You can listen to it here:

That was good to hear. Curious what aspect of RN's investment in Sunshine Mile is on hold. The bungalow project is still active, so maybe the Welcome/Broadway Volvo project?

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:

Any idea if this would be a new tallest?

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 10:06 PM

Drove by Houghton and Old Spanish Trail a couple days ago. The land is cleared and there is earth moving equipment, a water tank, and a construction trailer. My guess is the work on the new Northwest Medical Center Hospital has started.

Old Posted May 2, 2020, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingfast View Post
Any idea if this would be a new tallest?
No idea Did some searches and couldn't find anything. Don't think they have anything official yet unfortunately.

Old Posted May 2, 2020, 7:56 PM

it would be a tremendous shame if Tucson couldn't pull out a new tallest if this goes through. Phoenix can't get it's act together and Tucson could lord over a new tallest haha

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 1:23 AM

Downtown Link

The third and final phase of the new downtown links project is set to begin this summer. The new roadway will provide an alternative route from and to I-10 from Broadway and Aviation highway just east of downtown Tucson.

A recent update provided yet another set of modifications to the project in order for the project to be cost effective. Despite the modifications, the project will provide main features such as the Deck Plaza with a park, Sixth street underpass at Union Pacific Railroad, Bridge over Sixth Ave, public art etc. Some of the changes are listed in the pdf.

http://www.downtownlinks.info/wp-con...esentation.pdf

The project is expected to take 24-30 months.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

New Design for the Broadway intersection is ELIMINATED. Will remain the same.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by andrewsaturn; May 6, 2020 at 1:37 AM.

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 5:32 PM

Does anyone have any news on the new Monier apartments being constructed west of I-10? I am really interested in the place and the only news I can find on it is that it is expected to be completed in mid 2020.

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustacious View Post
Does anyone have any news on the new Monier apartments being constructed west of I-10? I am really interested in the place and the only news I can find on it is that it is expected to be completed in mid 2020.
I don't think there are any online updates but they're pretty far along.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 1:29 AM

Crane is in at HUB 4. We were only a few weeks separated from having three cranes in three blocks.

Unrelated, I was driving around and noticed the Starbucks at Campbell and Broadway is completely closed. Like, the sign was removed from the building. I'm sure the virus and road construction made things tough but that location will become much more profitable in just a few months. Similarly, the Walgreens at 1st and Grant is permanently closed. That's doubly disappointing because the construction of that location resulted in the closure of the Oracle and Grant location, which is still vacant.

Last edited by Ted Lyons; May 13, 2020 at 11:33 PM.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 5:24 PM

The single most important part of the Downtown Links Project, TO ME, is to establish a quiet zone. It seems like that part of the project is still working. That's great news as it creates more developable land if you don't have the train horn blaring. Before I get backlash over this, I too like the distant sound of a train. In close proximity? Not so much.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 10:58 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Crane is in a HUB 4. We were only a few weeks separated from having three cranes in three blocks.

Unrelated, I was driving around and noticed the Starbucks at Campbell and Broadway is completely closed. Like, the sign was removed from the building. I'm sure the virus and road construction made things tough but that location will become much more profitable in just a few months. Similarly, the Walgreens at 1st and Grant is permanently closed. That's doubly disappointing because the construction of that location resulted in the closure of the Oracle and Grant location, which is still vacant.
Losing a Walgreens is a sure sign of trouble. These businesses really keep neighborhoods alive that depend on them vice-versa.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travreese View Post
The single most important part of the Downtown Links Project, TO ME, is to establish a quiet zone. It seems like that part of the project is still working. That's great news as it creates more developable land if you don't have the train horn blaring. Before I get backlash over this, I too like the distant sound of a train. In close proximity? Not so much.
Absolutely deafening if you're in Borderlands or at the corner of 6th and 7th.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Crane is in at HUB 4. We were only a few weeks separated from having three cranes in three blocks.

Saw a 2019 article about Walgreens closing 200 underperforming stores. It says that they were undertaking transformational cost management program. They also closed the one on 22nd and Craycroft this year as well. However, it rapidly turned into a Dollar Tree within 2 months lol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/1937722001/

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Saw a 2019 article about Walgreens closing 200 underperforming stores. It says that they were undertaking transformational cost management program. They also closed the one on 22nd and Craycroft this year as well. However, it rapidly turned into a Dollar Tree within 2 months lol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/1937722001/
Well, this would make me feel a little better. Still not happy about the company abandoning two locations on a two-mile stretch of road within a few years.

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 12:06 AM

NY Times among others are reporting a Taiwanese company will be building a $12 billion chip plant in AZ. 1500 jobs. Any chance it's in Tucson? Probably Goodyear or some other terrible west valley spot but I can hope.

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post
NY Times among others are reporting a Taiwanese company will be building a $12 billion chip plant in AZ. 1500 jobs. Any chance it's in Tucson? Probably Goodyear or some other terrible west valley spot but I can hope.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was on the southern end of 303 in Goodyear. The industrial development there is crazy right now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest