HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Jan 20, 2021, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
^ Isnt this sort of an argument FOR a stylized cab car with a nose that contains crash absorption like most other bi-levels on the world market??
I would think so as well, and that's what MBTA, Caltrain, and SEPTA have started doing with their new procurements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
https://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2021/01/19-metra-ceo-foresees-new-approach-to-scheduling-after-pandemic
The past couple of months have made me really hopeful for Metra's future after the pandemic. The agency said during budget meetings that they want to run frequent 22-minute service from Union Station to O'Hare once the A2 flyover is built, the board is considering off-peak fare pricing, they have implemented Fair Transit South Cook and are still negotiating with the CTA to include fare transfers, new coach car procurements that aren't gallery cars, and now they want to adopt regional rail frequencies.

It's possible that over the next decade Metra fully adopts the regional rail model and provides true rapid transit in the city, similar to Paris' RER, the London Overground and Thameslink, and Toronto's GO modernization

Old Posted Jan 22, 2021, 10:49 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
hey have implemented Fair Transit South Cook
Yes, as I found out today when I took the train down to Hyde Park to go into lab for a bit. I'm surprised UChicago hasn't really announced anything about it, although we're still operating at greatly reduced capacity so maybe they don't want to talk too much about getting to campus...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation