HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 12:57 PM

They need to figure out a better animation for those flags. Aside from being FAR too bright, the whole thing would blink every 15 or so seconds and light up the sky like lightning. It is literally my view from bed... not pleasant.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb233541 View Post
They need to figure out a better animation for those flags. Aside from being FAR too bright, the whole thing would blink every 15 or so seconds and light up the sky like lightning. It is literally my view from bed... not pleasant.
I figured last night was a test given the flickering. Hopefully the lights can be turned down, because obviously they need to be.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2020, 7:01 PM
Philly Pholly

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 5:45 PM

CDR submission for November are up!

No highrises this time, but some nice lowrise and midrise projects.

Link here:
https://www.phila.gov/departments/ph...blic-meetings/

Old Posted Nov 8, 2020, 4:25 AM

Axalta to close Center City headquarters office

Quote:
Axlata Coating Systems Ltd. plans to close its Center City global headquarters office and move out of the 36,000 square feet it has occupied at Two Commerce Square for the last seven years.

Employees working out of Philadelphia will relocate to either its 55,000-square-foot North American headquarters off Applied Bank Way in Glen Mills or its 175,000-square-foot research facility at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.

The decision to close its Center City office comes after the company went through a restructuring over the summer that led it to realign its real estate and other operations. The restructuring will result in 550 job cuts over the next two years as part of plan to generate $50 million in savings amid economic pressures.
Read more here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=9#cxrecs_s

Old Posted Nov 8, 2020, 4:26 AM

^^Sad but not totally surprising. Most of their operations were in the Navy Yard or Glen Mills anyways. Plus, 36,000 sq ft of space in Center City is next to nothing.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2020, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
^^Sad but not totally surprising. Most of their operations were in the Navy Yard or Glen Mills anyways. Plus, 36,000 sq ft of space in Center City is next to nothing.
36K sq. ft. is next to nothing? That's more then one floor out at 1 uCity sq. Sure its a different type of footage and all that, but------if XYZ Co. was moving into CC and taking 36K feet, we'd all be very happy.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2020, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
36K sq. ft. is next to nothing? That's more then one floor out at 1 uCity sq. Sure its a different type of footage and all that, but------if XYZ Co. was moving into CC and taking 36K feet, we'd all be very happy.
Of course we'd be happy, and of course this is sad to see - I'd rather see companies locate here and stay here, but they have a lot going on in the Navy Yard at least... and yes, 36K sq ft (or approximately one floor) is next to nothing either way. It's a sad loss but by no means a major loss in any way, shape or form.

We'll see how Philly fares post-COVID, but if it's anything like pre-COVID, this 36K sq ft will get gobbled up fairly quickly.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 2:45 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

You all didn't hear this from me but I just caught wind of new highrise or perhaps skyscraper that's going to be proposed in University City-- the site is already under contract. We'll probably find out about it via a CDR package that'll go in several months from now.

That makes three U City highrises that are yet to be announced or any details beyond the most basic given... though this one is about a mile away from those other two...

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
You all didn't hear this from me but I just caught wind of new highrise or perhaps skyscraper that's going to be proposed in University City-- the site is already under contract. We'll probably find out about it via a CDR package that'll go in several months from now.

That makes three U City highrises that are yet to be announced or any details beyond the most basic given... though this one is about a mile away from those other two...
Resi or office?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 3:19 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
University City is on FIRE! How many stories?

Philly....where good things happen should be our new slogan.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
Philly....where good things happen should be our new slogan.
VERY good things.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 4:05 PM

Quote:
My rough estimate guess on these based on 'about mile away', just for fun: Two near Penn Park, one on 38th and Chestnut or that area

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 5:13 PM

I'll take a guess at the location of the new tower; could it be at 38th and Market Street on the south side of Market and if so how tall will it be. Can we get something 500' there of more.

Hey, I'm just dreaming but hey I like tall towers.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 6:27 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Whoa whoa slow down there brosephs and brosephines--

All I know is that a group has a site under contract and a Floor Area Ratio they are going for that would be impossible to be anything under 20 stories based on the lot size and its unique characteristics.

Of the other two, one of them is not a secret-- Goldenberg Group was supposed to do a presentation on March 16th for their new building to be built at the northwest corner of 38th and Chestnut but Covid delayed everything. I'm told this one is still in process.

The third one is still in preliminary stages, the developer still hasn't made the deal on the land (as far as I know). I just know about it because someone involved spilled the beans. It's NOT the 38th/Market parking lot like someone suggested but will be 20+ stories.

As far as University City being on fire, you all don't know the half of it-- several smaller projects being proposed in the next year or two and I know at least two (possibly three) big sites that are under contract and another big site about to be listed.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 7:40 PM
Chris

Speaking of Goldenberg, has there been any noise on their proposed mixed-use tower on S. Broad at the health center building?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 8:02 PM

If I may speculate, the only plots I see available in University City that aren't Schuylkill Yards, haven't already been mentioned, and can support 20+ stories are:
34th and Market
NW Corner of 38th and Powelton
38th and Sansom

And, my dark horse pick, the 7/11 at 34th and Lancaster.

Unless something significant is being demolished, this is all I can think of.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2020, 9:56 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Speaking of Goldenberg, has there been any noise on their proposed mixed-use tower on S. Broad at the health center building?
We should be hearing something about this one soon-- they already have a big ground floor tenant lined up, from what I hear.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 3:35 PM

Quote:
We should be hearing something about this one soon-- they already have a big ground floor tenant lined up, from what I hear.
Boom.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2020, 4:57 PM

Quote:
I've heard the same. The tenant is supposedly a company that already has a presence in the area, and is looking for a larger space.

As for the University City site, I guess it all depends on how far "University City" stretches. Assuming that the site is a mile from one of the yet-to-be proposed skyscrapers, I have a few guesses:

-The southwest corner of Farragut and Market
-Somewhere along the 4200 or 4300 blocks of Market Street
-The large site at the southwest corner of 48th and Walnut
-Highly unlikely, but I did see that a huge parcel at 51st and Walnut was listed for sale recently

I believe it's going to be somewhere between 42nd, 52nd, Market, and Spruce.

Temple University '18 ']['

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations