HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 1:58 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Tim Hortons (Canada) From Website - Large Triple Triple ("Cough-ee")
405Cal
47% 45gCarbs
50% 21gFat
3% 3gProtein

Activity Needed to Burn:

405 calories
1 Hour of Cycling
41 Minutes of Running
2.4 Hours of Cleaning

one lousy coffee has 50% recommended daily fat? and 47% recommended daily carbs? Can't be right...or can it?

Quadruple Quadruple is a bypass surgery recipe.

Tim Hortons - Extra Large Triple Triple Coffee
480Cal
49% 54gCarbs
49% 24gFat
3% 3gProtein

I am beginning to understand why so many of Rim's customers drive massive pickup trucks (with absolutely nothing, ever, in the truck bed, unless you want to count the farts produced by too many triple-triples and Bahstone creme poop doh!-nuts). They are going to need them to haul all those extra pounds/calories.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Tim Hortons (Canada) From Website - Large Triple Triple ("Cough-ee")
405Cal
47% 45gCarbs
50% 21gFat
3% 3gProtein

Activity Needed to Burn:

405 calories
1 Hour of Cycling
41 Minutes of Running
2.4 Hours of Cleaning

one lousy coffee has 50% recommended daily fat? and 47% recommended daily carbs? Can't be right...or can it?
You could argue that replacing a daily triple triple with a daily Quarter Pounder with Cheese from McDonald's is a step up nutritionally... the Quarter Pounder has 520 calories and 27g of fat (including a decent amount of sat fat), but it has some protein and will at least nourish you for an afternoon unlike the coffee.

This does not say much for triple triples IMO.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 3:07 PM
recession proof

I think many people who go to TH do so out of habit. They like spending a bit of money on their morning commute, like having a jolt of tasteless caffeine. I don't mock people for their choices nor the model of vehicle they drive. I drive a beater myself.

ME, why are you obsessed with other people's lives and especially with Tim Hortons? Do Americans yak about Dunkin' Donuts?

(While THs donuts tasted better 25 years ago, they were never great. Anna Mae's was my childhood donut - way back when you had to drive or walk down a slippery steep driveway to her house! - and while I later realized they're very greasy and sweet, they're much better than anything a large chain has ever sold. AM's has a great apple fritter with real apples and lots of cinnamon. I've never tried their coffee. When Donut Monster opened I tried them too - honestly pretty meh never got the hype. For an old school chain donut taste try Hamilton's Grandad's Donuts.)

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
I think many people who go to TH do so out of habit. They like spending a bit of money on their morning commute, like having a jolt of tasteless caffeine. I don't mock people for their choices nor the model of vehicle they drive. I drive a beater myself.

ME, why are you obsessed with other people's lives and especially with Tim Hortons? Do Americans yak about Dunkin' Donuts?

(While THs donuts tasted better 25 years ago, they were never great. Anna Mae's was my childhood donut - way back when you had to drive or walk down a slippery steep driveway to her house! - and while I later realized they're very greasy and sweet, they're much better than anything a large chain has ever sold. AM's has a great apple fritter with real apples and lots of cinnamon. I've never tried their coffee. When Donut Monster opened I tried them too - honestly pretty meh never got the hype. For an old school chain donut taste try Hamilton's Grandad's Donuts.)
Americans don't have to yack about Dunkin Donuts because they have a choice. Also it's not on every damn block in the country.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 3:45 PM
recession proof

Maybe A&W should start selling donuts? They're open 24/7 and aggressively expanding.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 4:20 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davee930 View Post
Americans don't have to yack about Dunkin Donuts because they have a choice. Also it's not on every damn block in the country.
This. I mean, I thought it was obvious. But Rim's has taken over. Fast food options at the hospital? Always Rim's. The university campus? Always Rim's (other places may exist, but they are closed outside of peak hours, which leaves Rim's). Highway stops? Rim's again (and wretchedly long lineups). Major intersections? Often two Rimmie's across the street from each other.

Rim's, Rim's, and more Rim's. The miltonization of the universe.

Rim's reminds me of Donald Trump. No matter how shitty the person/product, the base eats it up without complaint and asks for seconds.

Rims killed off the competition (and not always by playing fair and square...hell even their franchisees sued them), and once they were gone, proceeded to go as cheapo as possible by sacrificing quality (and still putting the squeeze on their franchisees).

I complain for the same reason I complain about the profusion of identical big-box-barf stores, cookie cutter 3-star hotels, fugly suburban subdivisions, and wretched suburban 8-lane boulevards with cars zooming by at 80kms/hour. These issues are symptomatic of what is wrong in our society. We built a society completely around the automobile (err, pickup truck), and it is a fucking ugly place. Outside of downtown cores (and even there, only in the biggest cities), every decision about zoning/building is focused on how people can access a given place by automobile. Our answer to congestion? Always more roads, wider roads, more parking. Which promotes more driving. Which makes for more congestion. Which promotes more roads, wider roads, more parking. Which promotes more driving. Which makes for more congestion. Which promotes more roads, wider roads, more parking. Which promotes more driving. Which makes for more congestion. Which promotes more roads, wider roads, more parking. Which promotes more driving. Which makes for more congestion. Which promotes more roads, wider roads, more parking. Which promotes more driving.

This is fucking insane. And it still doesn't work.

Last edited by MolsonExport; Sep 24, 2020 at 4:37 PM.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 4:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Maybe A&W should start selling donuts? They're open 24/7 and aggressively expanding.
great idea.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 5:10 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
I've seen a large quadruple quadruple before. Is that cheaper than a 500ml of milk?
One of my favourite Tim's stories is watching a man order an XL 5x5.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
One of my favourite Tim's stories is watching a man order an XL 5x5.
Oof. He might as well not be weaned yet.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 12:44 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Tim Horton's is to coffee what Taco Bell is to Tacos.

poo

Discuss.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Tim Horton's is to coffee what Taco Bell is to Tacos.

poo

Discuss.
Taco Bell is a sad cultural appropriation of Mexico’s rich culinary heritage. A so-called “taco” with a hard shell is not a taco.

Old El Paso “taco kits” are in the same league.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 1:53 AM

^ I had authentic tacos for the first time ever last week, following an off-topic discussion in another thread. Amazing stuff. I can’t believe I missed out all this time.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
Taco Bell is a sad cultural appropriation of Mexico’s rich culinary heritage. A so-called “taco” with a hard shell is not a taco.

Old El Paso “taco kits” are in the same league.
Taco Bell is the place behind frankenfood! The breakfast menu at that place haunts my nightmares to this day.

GQ

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 1:22 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Waffle taco?

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Waffle taco?
Really the Taco Bell breakfast menu doesn't need to exist. Does Taco Bell really need to go toe to toe with McShitties in terms of breakfast? It's a shitty taco joint!

Say what you will about Arby's but at least they know their place in the world. Taco Bell and Rim's don't.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 1:52 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Rim's is the absolute worst, especially after being taken over by a Brazilian holding company (Brazilian holding companies have ruined Kraft-Heinz too). Their sandwiches are terrible. Their donuts are terrible. Their coffee is terrible. their potato wedges are terrible. their lobbies are terrible. their lineups are terrible. their drive-thrus are terrible. their service is terrible. their washrooms are terrible. their commercials are terrible.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 3:25 PM
recession proof

We get it you don't like them. But do you go there? Since I can neither drink coffee nor eat gluten anymore, not only Tim Hortons but 99.9% of all restaurants are useless to me. At least if you don't have food intolerances you have many choices. In London area I've discovered many fantastic bakeries and hipster coffee joints you could try. I finally checked out Remark Fresh Markets - made me sad I couldn't try any of their tempting baked goods. When I drank coffee I'd try a different bag of beans from a different roastery every week, grind them fresh daily and use my Bialetti to make a fresh espresso/latte. (Although I believe it was drinking coffee in my 30s that led to getting severe GERD, so drink coffee/alcohol in limited quantities please.)

Because Tim's is off limits I find myself taking old highways more often on long trips: they usually have rest stops/washrooms.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Since I can neither drink coffee nor eat gluten anymore, not only Tim Hortons but 99.9% of all restaurants are useless to me.
All that's left for you at Tim's is tea, water bottles, chili and these!

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 3:42 PM
recession proof

^Actually with reflux disease, chocolate and spices are a big trigger as well. Coconut is high in fat. Things I no longer eat include: red meat, processed foods, onions, garlic and spices, pork/bacon, most cheeses, chocolate, alcohol, coffee/caffeine, lemons limes and oranges, tomatoes/ketchup. Most ice cream is also very bad - high in fat and many are contaminated with gluten. (Recently I thought I was having a heart attack when it was in fact a nasty GERD attack from eating ice cream from a "100% organic blah blah blah" trendy ice cream shop.) I once ordered tea from Tim's and got a severe gluten reaction - possibly there were donut crumbs in the cups?! Campbell makes their chili/soups I believe.

Things I miss the most: pizza, burgers, spaghetti. It's a huge ordeal when you have to make your own pizza sauce from beets/carrots/celery etc, can't eat spicy pepperoni or many cheeses. Then there's the pizza dough...

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 3:47 PM

OK... I guess this is the only thing on the menu for you.

At least it's healthy!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada