HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Mar 17, 2021, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northend Guy View Post
Drove by this morning around 9 am. Emergency crews were on site. Fire, police & ambulance. Always turns my stomach when I see stuff like that. Hoping for the best for whoever needed the emergency response...
Looks like there was another accident at this site today. They actually used the main crane to lift someone on a stretcher out of the site.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/halifax/com...omeone_at_the/

Old Posted Mar 22, 2021, 6:29 PM

Second crane has been up for a week now. Not sure why the site requires a second one. Speed?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2021, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastClimberPro View Post
Second crane has been up for a week now. Not sure why the site requires a second one. Speed?
They haven’t quite fully installed it yet, it still is missing the boom. They added a few tower sections and cab last week. They took the same slow approach with the second crane when they built the Roy. I assume it’s a 2 crane site due to confines of the site and amount of concrete to pour. It’s a sizeable site, and the building is bulky, getting all corners might be hard with one crane, it would be sited in the middle of the building, which can be disruptive for fitting out lower floors and the boom length for far reaches might exceed load limits. I think it has taken a while to get the second crane active because excavation is still on going on the east side. They have to “dig themselves out” removing the access ramp as they go, so until that is gone, they cannot pour concrete on all of the basement slab.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth