HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 31, 2019, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
The spaces are broken up already by nature of the existing construction. Per Patricia Schwabe's comments at February's Rio Nuevo meeting, they're still working to lease to a local coffee shop, presumably for the corner space. Curious if there was any update on the leasing at this month's meeting.
I see - thanks for the info. I saw 10,000 sq ft of ground level retail and got to wondering. Will be interested to see what all goes in there.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 1:06 AM

The article states that it is unsure how this will impact the planned hotel at the TCC.

New parking garage coming to Tucson Convention Center

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
The article states that it is unsure how this will impact the planned hotel at the TCC.

New parking garage coming to Tucson Convention Center
The article said that the completion date of the hotel was to be determined. But it also says that the garage is tied to the planned construction of the hotel, and that construction on the hotel was contingent on sorting out the parking.
According to the Star:

Quote:
Board Chair Fletcher McCusker announced last month that the developer behind the planned Hilton-branded hotel, Scottsdale-based Caliber Companies, was ready to break ground this month, but that construction of the $20 million hotel was contingent on several agreements including building a parking garage.

“We’re at a position where in order to really launch the hotel, we have to seriously consider committing to the garage,” said McCusker.

The hotel is still moving forward, said Rio Nuevo board member Edmund Marquez.

Last edited by InTheBurbs; Apr 2, 2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Additional info from article

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post
https://tucson.com/business/m-projec...ome-the-latest

Interesting how it's set back a little but I like it.

Here's the proposed addition:

Image: Rio Nuevo via Az Daily Star

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheBurbs View Post
The article said that the completion date of the hotel was to be determined. But it also says that the garage is tied to the planned construction of the hotel, and that construction on the hotel was contingent on sorting out the parking.
With the hotel and the garage, the east side of the TCC property is going to be pretty dense. Still a ton of surface parking/unused space on the west side, though.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 8:29 PM

I've notice a few significant retail vacancies (one upcoming) over the past week.

First, the Boston Market at Speedway and Campbell is out of business. Boston Market is still listed as the property owner on the County's website so not sure if there are any plans for the building.

Second, a sign spinner at Euclid and Broadway was holding a "Closing Sale" sign for OfficeMax. The owner of that property is an investment company so also tough to tell if there are any plans for the building. Would be perfect (both in terms of size and location) for a Trader Joe's, IMO.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 2:28 AM

Quote:
I've notice a few significant retail vacancies (one upcoming) over the past week.

First, the Boston Market at Speedway and Campbell is out of business. Boston Market is still listed as the property owner on the County's website so not sure if there are any plans for the building.

Second, a sign spinner at Euclid and Broadway was holding a "Closing Sale" sign for OfficeMax. The owner of that property is an investment company so also tough to tell if there are any plans for the building. Would be perfect (both in terms of size and location) for a Trader Joe's, IMO.
Great call on Trader Joe’s - that’d be an excellent use of that space. A Sprouts would be great too. Also, on a somewhat related note I find it a little odd that the lot on the NW corner of Campbell and Ft. Lowell has remained vacant as long as it has. Not saying this would be the best use of the space but something like an Oregano’s would make a killing there.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 5:38 AM

Quote:

I am hoping a Trader joes is gonna go in the future closed Target on Broadway/craycroft. That was my target and extremely disappointed... Also, im surprised office max lasted a long time at that location. I have never stepped foot in there even when I was a student at uofa.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
I am hoping a Trader joes is gonna go in the future closed Target on Broadway/craycroft. That was my target and extremely disappointed... Also, im surprised office max lasted a long time at that location. I have never stepped foot in there even when I was a student at uofa.
You realize how big that Target is? it could fit like 8 Trader Joes in it.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 2:04 AM

Multiple news sources have confirmed that Maloney's and The Wreck have officially closed ahead of construction of the approved 14-story apartment building on 4th Ave. and that these bars will be relocated to The Rock.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2019, 2:36 PM

It appears the long-promised technical high school at the Bridges is moving forward pretty rapidly and may open as early as fall of 2020.

New career-and-technical high school planned for Tucson

Last edited by Patrick S; Apr 7, 2019 at 2:52 PM.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 4:21 AM
City Rider

New 8-floor Apt Bldg

127 S. 5th Ave, behind Cartel and Thunder Canyon

8 story -111 market rate studio and 1-bedroom apartments (from site plans and elevations submitted to COT by Saylor-Brown)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hdGE983iRMgu9tre9

And I clearly need help with posting images - I've tried following the guidelines and I get nothing. Help?

Last edited by chenley333; Apr 10, 2019 at 4:32 AM.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenley333 View Post

8 story -111 market rate studio and 1-bedroom apartments (from site plans and elevations submitted to COT by Saylor-Brown)

Looks fairly average in that view, but like that it's market rate and that it isn't 4 stories of apartments on top of 4 stories of parking. And that it doesn't take up a prime spot on Broadway or Congress.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 9:10 PM

Southern New Hampshire University to open operations center in downtown Tucson

Anyone know where downtown they are planning to setup shop?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyabe View Post
Southern New Hampshire University to open operations center in downtown Tucson

Anyone know where downtown they are planning to setup shop?
Since this is the employer RN has been working with, we know that they committed ~$650k for parking. That tells me they'll be taking existing office space somewhere and RN will be subsidizing parking in an existing garage. I wouldn't be surprised if they move into the space vacated by Caterpillar at Congress and Scott.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenley333 View Post

And I clearly need help with posting images - I've tried following the guidelines and I get nothing. Help?
Good find!

Here are screenshots of the renderings:

EDIT - The way I do this is to take screen captures of the images in the PDFs. Then I upload to Imgur and scale down each image from its original size. Finally, I copy the BBCode link under "Get share links."

Old Posted Apr 11, 2019, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Since this is the employer RN has been working with, we know that they committed ~$650k for parking. That tells me they'll be taking existing office space somewhere and RN will be subsidizing parking in an existing garage. I wouldn't be surprised if they move into the space vacated by Caterpillar at Congress and Scott.
That is what I was thinking as well. The timing seems to workout well.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 3:59 PM

New construction camera alert:

https://ueb.net/webcam54.html

The Graduate crane is being erected today.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 1:57 AM

New rendering of 75 Broadway, from CBRE

Old Posted Apr 17, 2019, 5:12 PM

I went to a neighborhood meeting about the Welcome Broadway (formerly Broadway Volvo) site last night. Some massings were shown but there are no formalized renderings yet. It looks like we're looking at a max height of 75 feet/6 floors. A hotel, residential, and mercado-like retail were present in each of the proposed massing options so those seem like definites for inclusion in the eventual development.

The development still has to go through the PAD/rezoning process so it's still a ways out from breaking ground. There will be one more public meeting in July with plans to present to the Zoning Examiner in October followed by City Council in November.

It seemed to me that most residents in attendance were supportive of the project with the exception of the owners of Betts Printing, which is the only other structure on the block. Their primary concerns were the vacation of McKey Street (the alley that runs through the block) as well as the fact that they evidently just learned about the entire PAD process (which has been going on for a few years now). They also didn't seem to have a great relationship with the owner of Welcome Diner.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest