HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 12:41 AM

Roca is the developer. I'm not sure if Roca is partnering with others (maybe Windmill). According to my discussion with Roca a few weeks ago, the units will be priced at approx $950 per sq ft. Move-in date is probably a few years away. Roca developed a similar high end condo at 370 Queen Elizabeth Drive.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosouth View Post
Roca is the developer. I'm not sure if Roca is partnering with others (maybe Windmill). According to my discussion with Roca a few weeks ago, the units will be priced at approx $950 per sq ft. Move-in date is probably a few years away. Roca developed a similar high end condo at 370 Queen Elizabeth Drive.
Walked by this one a few weeks ago. Very nice. Doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, as seen with many others.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosouth View Post
Not a big surprise - it will be a primo location. Although I confess I break into a sweat when condo prices pass $700 per sq ft.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Is Windmill no longer the developer?
i guess not?

Roca homes is listed there (and it's not a mistake - they have a southminster devcorp listed). They did the queen elizabeth condos across from canal ritz.

Windmill sold the second christchurch cathedral site to a retirement home developer, supposedly to focus on zibi. Maybe they did the same to this site. They had significant unsold inventory at cathedral hill that may have been effecting cash-flow.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 3:43 PM

On Windmill's website - planned sales launch Spring 2020.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 10:22 PM

I'm confused as to the relationship between Windmill and Roca - both seem to be developers for this project.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayday23 View Post
On Windmill's website - planned sales launch Spring 2020.
I think that info has been on Windmill's website for quite a while, and it may be out of date. I was interested in purchasing in this development, and I called Windmill over a year ago to get more details. Windmill told me that no details were available at that time, but they took my name and said they would contact me. Never heard back from Windmill. My guess is that Windmill has their hands full with other larger developments such as ZIBI, and that they sold all or part of their interest in the Southminster development to Roca. Probably a good thing, as Roca is more suited to this type of smaller boutique condo development.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 12:37 PM
National Capital Region

Until recently it said Spring 2019 on Windmill's update, so I think an update to Spring 2020 is a sign they are still involved.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
Until recently it said Spring 2019 on Windmill's update, so I think an update to Spring 2020 is a sign they are still involved.
That timing would fit with the expected disposal of the LPAT appeal.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 4:34 PM
National Capital Region

Approved at LPAT, over two years after Council approval.
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlpat/...nlii27446.html

Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 4:44 PM

Just in time not to be built due to the coming collapse ....

Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Approved at LPAT, over two years after Council approval.
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onlpat/...nlii27446.html
Wow....the objectors consultants really got taken to task. It is often hard to overcome a City staff approval and a team of local consultants if you are the outside hired gun. The consultant got accused of being too much of an advocate.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 5:26 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

"Joy Morrow (“Appellant”), who owns and resides at the property known municipally as 824 Colonel By Drive..."

I guess she didn't want all those people staring down at her (rather nice looking) pool:
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/824....6860949?hl=en

Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 9:23 PM
National Capital Region

Bad luck for the applicant in terms of timing. Stuck under the pre-Bill 139 appeal system so their hearing was low priority, and the tribunal member involved in the pre-hearing conference did not have their appointment renewed.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Bad luck for the applicant in terms of timing. Stuck under the pre-Bill 139 appeal system so their hearing was low priority, and the tribunal member involved in the pre-hearing conference did not have their appointment renewed.
I try and stay out of the whole OMB/LPAT world but outside of the area hired guns rarely do well. Same for consultants hired by community associations.

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 5:03 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Updated proposal:

The proposal is to partially redevelop the site to accommodate residential uses on the site’s westerly half. The redevelopment proposes retention of the existing principal church building that faces Bank Street and the replacement of the existing assembly hall with a mix of townhouse and a mid-rise apartment building (refer to Figure 7 for the Site Plan).

The proposed residential uses include four townhouses fronting onto Aylmer Avenue, and a six-storey condo building with stepbacks above the fourth floor, fronting onto Galt Street. The condo building will consist of 18 condominium units in a mix of one, two and three bedrooms. There will be a penthouse mechanical room and rooftop terrace. An underground parking garage is proposed with 30 spaces, one of which will be intended for visitors. The garage will be accessed by an internal laneway from Galt Street.

The townhouse component of the proposal includes four townhouses of three storeys in height along the corner of Aylmer Avenue and Galt Street. Vehicle access to the townhouses will be provided from a proposed laneway that connects to Galt Street and separates the townhouses from the mid-rise residential use building. Each townhouse will have a driveway connecting to the shared internal laneway.

Architect: Hobin Architecture

Development application:
https://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans...appId=__B23ASP

Siteplan:

Updated renderings:

Last edited by rocketphish; May 15, 2020 at 10:04 PM.

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 5:37 PM

Is this one in pre-sales yet?

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 6:40 PM

Previous proposal was better, but this is still good.

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 10:15 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Previous proposal was better, but this is still good.
Ya, they've clearly simplified and cheapened the exterior, as well as increased the unit count from 14 to 18. The previous iteration must have been too pricey for the market.

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 10:57 PM

One wonders how much the neighbourhood complaints/unsuccessful appeal process added to the sq ft prices?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa