HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Feb 22, 2020, 1:53 PM

Major Development news for Wichita, KS which includes large tower.

Wichita, KS just announced a 40+ story hotel tower in downtown Wichita as part of a much larger development which a private development group has said they would completely finance themselves.

This was just proposed or released yesterday and sounds exciting to a lot of people, but what really caught everyone's attention is the 40 story hotel tower they want to build which would become the tallest building in not only Wichita, but also in the state of Kansas. Currently, the tallest one is in downtown Wichita and sadly it's just 325ft at 22 stories. There is currently a high rise under construction in downtown Wichita, but will only be 12 stories when completed.

Here's a link to the story:

http://www.kake.com/story/41770923/c...rst-skyscraper

Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 5:31 AM
Beer Stampede

Obviously, this was just proposed right before Covid-19 hit. Are there any new developments, to this project, or have they temporarily put this on hold??

Old Posted Dec 31, 2020, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Obviously, this was just proposed right before Covid-19 hit. From the https://homework-writer.com/ service Are there any new developments, to this project, or have they temporarily put this on hold??
as far as I know all projects were postponned due fall of 2021!

Last edited by billw22; Jan 8, 2021 at 9:32 PM.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant6 View Post
Wichita, KS just announced a 40+ story hotel tower in downtown Wichita as part of a much larger development which a private development group has said they would completely finance themselves.

This was just proposed or released yesterday and sounds exciting to a lot of people, but what really caught everyone's attention is the 40 story hotel tower they want to build which would become the tallest building in not only Wichita, but also in the state of Kansas. Currently, the tallest one is in downtown Wichita and sadly it's just 325ft at 22 stories. There is currently a high rise under construction in downtown Wichita, but will only be 12 stories when completed.

Here's a link to the story:

http://www.kake.com/story/41770923/c...rst-skyscraper
A drone company was really nice and measured The Epic Center for me and they said the highest point was 387 feet on the roof. Not sure if that includes the antennas though.

I don't think that Penumbra company is going to do anything. It is all false promises and hope. About a year and a half ago I proposed a project called The Wichita Aerospace Needle and it is gaining signatures at a decent pace. It is right here and details are in the petition. The video is of The Seattle Space Needle and I am thinking this project could look very similar to it but will be in the shape of a plane at the top. If you like you may sign and share if you like. I am trying my hardest and will need a lot of signatures to propose this to the City of Wichita. https://chng.it/Fp7mJjXx

Old Posted Apr 11, 2023, 2:37 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare2016 View Post
A drone company was really nice and measured The Epic Center for me and they said the highest point was 387 feet on the roof. Not sure if that includes the antennas though.
The 325' figure is the "official" one, but it actually only measures to the highest fully occupied floor. Above that level is a hollow, mostly unbuilt space with a set of metal steps on a fairly high incline that lead to a door, which is tucked into peak of the rooftop where the antenna cluster is.

I haven't been up there in a decade, but I recall that the engineer that I was working with said that the antenna he was there to check was 15' tall and when it was in place, it was actually at about 400' AGL. I figured the height of the building was 385' based on that. Our antenna has since moved to the cluster at 250 Douglas Place which is about 100' shorter, but the picture quality is the same.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
The 325' figure is the "official" one, but it actually only measures to the highest fully occupied floor. Above that level is a hollow, mostly unbuilt space with a set of metal steps on a fairly high incline that lead to a door, which is tucked into peak of the rooftop where the antenna cluster is.

I haven't been up there in a decade, but I recall that the engineer that I was working with said that the antenna he was there to check was 15' tall and when it was in place, it was actually at about 400' AGL. I figured the height of the building was 385' based on that. Our antenna has since moved to the cluster at 250 Douglas Place which is about 100' shorter, but the picture quality is the same.
I find that to be strange that the lower side of the Epic Center at 325 feet is the official height. A lot of people nowadays has been listing the Epic Center as 385 feet. When emporis was around it also listed it as 385 feet. I had a drone company that comes through Wichita often named dronetography. Like I said they used their drones and got 387 feet above ground level on their pilot screen. So that definitely falls in the margin of error. Your 385 foot estimate is pretty much spot on. Wikipedia lists it as 385 feet. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ngs_in_Wichita

The new One World Trade Center is listed as being 1,268 feet to the top floor and 1,368 feet to the roof. So I don't understand why the 325 foot estimate for the Epic Center is official. Do you work at the Epic Center because I would like to go to the top floor or possibly even the roof to get some nice views of Wichita? I live in Augusta right outside of Wichita.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 9:38 AM

Quote:

I am not sire if you know this but the two official heights for a skyscraper are 100 m(328 feet) and 150 m(492 feet). So the Epic Center meets the first definition. When emporis was around they had the Epic Center listed as a skyscraper and 385 feet tall. TBH it looks like a skyscraper to me. It certainly isn't small and it is massive at the base.

Last edited by Shakespeare2016; Nov 17, 2023 at 10:39 PM.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2023, 11:59 PM

Quote:

Do you realize that if the 325 feet figure is the official figure, the Epic Center is no longer the tallest building in the State of Kansas? The State Capitol Building in Topeka is 1 foot taller at 326 feet. There is no way out of it and they can't have it both ways.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest