HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 25, 2017, 6:48 PM
BANNED

Here is the official announcement from SkyWest Airlines on the new St. George to Los Angeles flight. It will be operated by United Express on behalf of United Airlines. This joins United's service to Denver as well as American Airlines' service to Phoenix and Delta's to Salt Lake City. All flights to/from the St. George Regional Airport are operated by SkyWest Airlines. SkyWest has their headquarters in St. George.

This flight will be great for business travelers and it also gives the airport a true one stop option to the west coast for connections.

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/new...ght/509344001/

"We're excited once again to see SkyWest offer another destination through the St. George Regional Airport," St. George Mayor Jon Pike said. "This further expands the opportunities for residents and visitors to fly to four major hubs and three major airlines via SkyWest and St. George."

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 3:55 PM

Dixie State had groundbreaking yesterday for phase II of Legend Solar Stadium renovation

Here's an older article,
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/spo...ion/384856001/

Quote:
Legend Solar Stadium, which currently seats 5,000, will soon double in size with a new east-side grandstand which will also be home to locker rooms, concessions, restrooms, ticket offices and storage among other things.

To put that into perspective, SUU, a Division I program that played against BYU and Utah last year, currently seats 8,500 in its Eccles Coliseum.

“10,000 is our goal. The grandstand is a designed build so we don’t have the specifics just yet,” Boothe said. “But we are looking to have the stadium hold at least 10,000, plus standing room.”

The second phase is set to begin early next month as University officials talk with contractors this coming week before signing a contract to begin construction.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 9:02 PM

that's awesome news. Now if Dixie State could jump to the ranks of Div 1 athletics and compete with schools like Weber State and SUU... of course, if you could play in St. George, why would you ever go to Cedar City? So, I'm sure there would be some push back from our freezing little sister to the north.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 6:11 PM

A proposed Dixie State student housing development was rejected due to parking worries.

Quote:
Council rejects a proposed rezoning for new student housing
Written by Joseph Witham, September 22, 2017

The proposal would have changed about 1 acre of land located at 1100 E. Tabernacle St. from commercially-zoned property to a planned development for student housing, which the business owners said would have further exacerbated traffic and parking issues in the area.

http://www.stgnews.com/news/archive/.../#.WclGVojyuUk

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 1:17 PM

Update - St. George Metro - Ivins - New Rocky Vista Medical School Campus and Student Housing

http://sunroc.com/

[url]http://sunroc.com/

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 1:39 PM

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 1:43 PM

New Student Housing For Dixie State University

Joseph Witham - St. George News https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar.../#.Wcz8qS6Wypo

ST. GEORGE — A student housing apartment complex that is rapidly nearing completion promises to introduce an alternative to the oft-crowded experience of traditional student housing for Dixie State University students by offering private rooms and a more intimate setting. Construction is moving rapidly for the forthcoming Vintage at Tabernacle student housing complex at 850 E. Tabernacle Street in St. George, Utah, April 14, 2017 | Photo by Joseph Witham, St. George News. Vintage at Tabernacle, located at 850 E. Tabernacle St., St. George, only recently began construction and is on slate for completion in early August. The 265-bed apartment complex is being billed as “boutique housing” by developer Redstone Residential because of its smaller size and courtyard-oriented design...

A mock-up image of the forthcoming Vintage at Tabernacle student housing complex under construction at 850 E. Tabernacle Street, St. George, Utah |
Image courtesy of Redstone Residential, St. George News

This pic was taken earlier by DCRes. This project is probably finished by now.

Pic By DCRes

Last edited by delts145; Sep 28, 2017 at 2:28 PM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 2:06 PM

Layton Construction Building New Dixie Applied Technology Campus

Layton is building a new 150,000 SF campus building as the centerpiece of a massive expansion at Dixie Applied Technology College. The school has grown to an enrollment of more than 7,000 and plays a vital role in securing a highly trained technical workforce for the whole Southern Utah region, which includes parts of Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.

This new building at the Ridge Top complex will allow all of the college’s programs to be housed under one roof with its 90,000 SF classroom building and a 50,000 SF automotive building.

The project is slated for completion in fall of 2017.

http://www.laytonconstruction.com

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 7:46 PM

Delts - thanks for the updates on So. UT!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 3:50 PM

You bet! Here's another one they just finished up in St. George. I discovered the link over on a new post on the Provo Thread

https://www.pegdev.com/

Old Posted Oct 2, 2017, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
New Student Housing For Dixie State University

Joseph Witham - St. George News https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar.../#.Wcz8qS6Wypo

ST. GEORGE — A student housing apartment complex that is rapidly nearing completion promises to introduce an alternative to the oft-crowded experience of traditional student housing for Dixie State University students by offering private rooms and a more intimate setting. Construction is moving rapidly for the forthcoming Vintage at Tabernacle student housing complex at 850 E. Tabernacle Street in St. George, Utah, April 14, 2017 | Photo by Joseph Witham, St. George News. Vintage at Tabernacle, located at 850 E. Tabernacle St., St. George, only recently began construction and is on slate for completion in early August. The 265-bed apartment complex is being billed as “boutique housing” by developer Redstone Residential because of its smaller size and courtyard-oriented design...

A mock-up image of the forthcoming Vintage at Tabernacle student housing complex under construction at 850 E. Tabernacle Street, St. George, Utah |
Image courtesy of Redstone Residential, St. George News

This pic was taken earlier by DCRes. This project is probably finished by now.

Pic By DCRes

The building isn't 100% complete yet, but it is close. I'll try to get a picture in the next couple days.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 3:54 PM

Here is what that student housing project looks like today. The outside looks finished but I don't think it's open yet.

[IMG] by , on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 4:03 PM

The old Wilkinson's Electric building burned down a couple months ago. It is partially torn down now.

Long before the building burned this sign has been on the property. Based on the way it is faded my guess is that it has been there for a couple years at least. There is now a fence around the not only the burned building but also about 3/4 of the rest of the block, including vacant land and a handful of run down homes. My guess is that the Wilkinson family owns all that land. I wonder if some sort of development is in the works

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Downtown St. George Apartments & Boutique Hotel - City View Project by PEG Development

Renderings of the mixed-use development proposed for downtown St. George at Main Street and St. George Boulevard | Image courtesy of Peg Development, St. George News

The development will take up the majority of the block between Main Street, St. George Boulevard, 100 West Street and Tabernacle Street.

A four-story, 60-room boutique hotel is slated to go on the corner of Main Street and St. George Boulevard. Sitting on the west side of the hotel will be a four-story, mixed-use building with commercial space on the bottom and residential apartments on the top floor. A third building – a three-story, mixed-use complex – will face Tabernacle Street.

The project consists of a 60-room boutique hotel and two other complexes that will provide a total of 110 residential units set atop 10,000 square feet of retail space.

http://pegdevelopment.com

http://pegdevelopment.com

I noticed a construction fence up around this property this morning. It has the logo of the construction company on the fence which leads me to believe that construction will actually be starting! A couple months ago a small building along Tabernacle street was torn down, and now that I'm looking at the renderings again I see that there is part of the development going right where that building was. I pass by this site everyday so it will be fun to watch is develop, and i'll be sure to post pictures as it does.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 11:42 PM

Thanks for the update on that DCRes. I was afraid that project had been canceled. I hope they're sticking to the same design as the renderings. I am a big fan of this design for downtown St. George.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2018, 9:22 AM
BANNED

United Airlines under the United Express name operated by SkyWest, is adding a third daily nonstop flight to Denver next summer. For summer 2018, SGU will have ten daily nonstop flights to four cities, all be operated by SkyWest.

American - 2 flights to PHX
Delta - 4 flights to SLC
United - 1 flight to LAX, 3 flights to DEN

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
I noticed a construction fence up around this property this morning. It has the logo of the construction company on the fence which leads me to believe that construction will actually be starting! A couple months ago a small building along Tabernacle street was torn down, and now that I'm looking at the renderings again I see that there is part of the development going right where that building was. I pass by this site everyday so it will be fun to watch is develop, and i'll be sure to post pictures as it does.

DCRes, Looks like that great new project was just covered in the Deseret News. Very excited for this one. I think it strikes just the right note for that area of downtown St. George.

Construction underway on $40M downtown St. George project

ST. GEORGE — A key step in building up downtown St. George is underway...

Associated Press for the Deseret News- https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...e-project.html

The Spectrum reports developers gathered Wednesday with city officials to break ground on a $40 million multi-use project.

The "City View" project is planned to include a four-story Boutique hotel, two four-story apartment buildings, retail shopping, restaurants and other commercial uses.

PEG Development representative Cameron Gunter says the first phases, one of the apartment buildings and a parking structure, should be open by next fall.

About 110 apartment units would be included in the project, which should help meet a growing demand for apartments in the city.

Gunter says the apartments would be higher-end, with monthly rents likely starting at about $900 and go up to $1,600.

Construction is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.

Construction starts on $40 million 'City View' downtown project

David DeMille - The Spectrum,
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/new...ect/969927001/

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/

More Details, ..."We're trying to get that Millennial generation, those young professionals, as well as those Baby Boomers," Gunter said.

Cameron Gunter, CEO of PEG Development, explains theBuy Photo
Cameron Gunter, CEO of PEG Development, explains the ideas behind a new mixed-use development in downtown St. George during a presentation Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017. (Photo: David DeMille/The Spectrum & Daily News)

The hotel, which was named "The Advenire," has been tabbed as a Marriott hotel and one of the company's luxury "Autograph Collection" properties.

City officials first approved the project in 2016, amending city zoning for an L-shaped property at the southwest corner of the intersection between St. George Boulevard and Main Street, wrapping around a row of existing shops along Main Street.

Gunter said increasing construction costs put construction on hold in the meantime, but now investors are ready to move ahead anyway. When it was approved, the project was estimated at $30 million.

The city helped with special tax incentives that reinvest monies generated by downtown businesses in improving the area's infrastructure. Through a process called tax increment financing, the properties where new projects are built would retain their base tax rates, with any revenue generated by increases in property values being pumped back into public improvements like parking, utilities and other infrastructure needs.

Last edited by delts145; Jan 3, 2018 at 1:15 PM.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 1:21 PM

Hotel Building Boom Hits St. George Area

“We’ve had more hotels built in the past 12 months than we have in the past 10 years combined,” Walter said.

David DeMIlle - The Spectrum - http://www.thespectrum.com/story/new...tah/538109001/

Record tourism and pent-up demand left over from the Great Recession are helping to fuel a hotel building boom across southwestern Utah, according to a new analysis on the local market...

Last edited by delts145; Jan 3, 2018 at 1:36 PM.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2018, 1:39 PM

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 5:27 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West