HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 12:25 PM
International

Thumbs up Come and take a look at KingoftheHill's NYC escapade

Hello All,

I'm not much of a writer, but anyways I since I figured I was in NYC for 5 days, that I would take a bunch of pictures and show them to you guys.

Without further adieu...here it is (my first time there, btw)

Day 1

I had to get there somehow, Continental barely accomplished that

After a lengthy trek from Dirty Jersey to Lower East Side, only worsened by rush-hour traffic and a mute/deaf cab driver (seemed like that anyways...) I arrived at the "Hotel Bentley", it's on the Upper East Side on 62nd and York

The lobby and the rooms were both not too shabby (save the 'Rican girl with the Andre the Giant voice)

Seeing how it was kinda late, I didn't do much before we hit Times Square, however I did get a shot of the adjacent cityscape.

Times Square...figured I'd see what the fuss was all about

Man, the lights created this glow that I could see for miles, one can only imagine the electric bill!

Don't mess with the boys in blue, they'll shove a broomstick up your you-know-what

Day 2

After some heavenly rest, i woke up to check out the adjacent skylines, in typical December gloom:

One side was the concrete jungle, the other was the seemingly under siege (by cranes) burrough of Queens

Not long after that, I walked to Lexington and 59th to catch the subway to Brooklyn to grub at Grimaldi's (recommended by you guys-thanks!)

Man, it looked like some wind could knock down that tattered bridge :lol:

I saw this "design" on buildings all around me

...still walking

Saw this cool building, it's design is reminiscent of the new wave of buildings being built in the newly oil-rich tsar state of Russia

Anyways, I brought this delicious chocolate-laced marble pound cake from some Moroccan guy on the corner before I caught the subway (pic not available), then hopped on the train and got off at the bridge..

There was some nice classical/art-deco buildings around me when I got off, so having camera in hand, I grabbed a few shots:

..Then I got on the bridge to begin my trek to Grimaldi's

Ok..fast forward a bit

GRIMALDI'S!!

man, that pizza was incredible

walked down the street to "South Street Seaport" to see some people taking pictures of a wedding in 40 degrees weather on the river..

Then I went to Junior's Deli to munch on some Chocolate mousse cheesecake

That's it for now, I'm kinda tired-so I'm gonna catch some zzzz's. I'll post more pictures when I get some rest.

Thanks for your time and I sincerely hope you enjoyed the pictures (so far..)

Last edited by Kingofthehill; Jan 2, 2008 at 4:58 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos