HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

2100 Market Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 1, 2016, 9:13 PM

Is the plan to build over the Firehouse on the block still? Cause there is no way that that's getting relocated. Unless the developer pays for it to be moved somewhere else on market street. And that's pricey

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 4:05 AM
Midrise

Construction fence is up in front of the parking lot next to the fire station, per a photo someone posted to the UrbanPHL fb group this evening.

Oh, and the Dunkin' Donuts is open in the renovated 21st St corner building.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Construction fence is up in front of the parking lot next to the fire station, per a photo someone posted to the UrbanPHL fb group this evening.

c/o: Amanda Rockar, Urban PHL

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 6:23 AM

Hmm... what for? Maybe just for demo for the garage?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 8:44 AM

Is there a link to Urban PHL? I've tried searching facebook and I can't seem to find it....

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbat2 View Post
Is there a link to Urban PHL? I've tried searching facebook and I can't seem to find it....
Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/grea...lphiaplanners/

But it's a closed group, so if you're not in it, I'm not sure you're able to see it or anything posted in it. Not sure exactly how that works. I'm in it -- and looks like other posters here are -- and I'll report back on anything worthwhile that's noted about 2100 Market there.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 1:58 PM

The word is that they will leave as a parking lot (for now), and the thought is NYC style loaders, which is better than building an above-ground garage that would need to be torn down to erect a highrise. Here's the permit description that was posted on UrbanPHL.

http://www.phila.gov/data/Pages/defa...eals&eid=27618

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 2:42 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
The word is that they will leave as a parking lot (for now), and the thought is NYC style loaders, which is better than building an above-ground garage that would need to be torn down to erect a highrise. Here's the permit description that was posted on UrbanPHL.

I see the zoning variance for parking there has a 4 year proviso.

http://li.phila.gov/#summary?address=2116+market+street

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 2:54 PM

At least it's relatively short term. This should allow Brandywine to get started on Schuylkill Yards first, then focus their attention on this property.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
At least it's relatively short term. This should allow Brandywine to get started on Schuylkill Yards first, then focus their attention on this property.
Yep. Or maybe they won't use the full 4 years. Back when they announced, they said planning would start in the next 12-18 months and starts would begin in the 2017-2019 timeframe. 2-year window. The permit period started running upon approval in May of 2016.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 3:17 PM
Midrise

Quote:

I'm thinking too that to get 121 spaces they don't need those NY-style parking lifts. I think the term stacking just means that cars are arranged in such a way that the valet may need to shuffle a car or two to retrieve one that is blocked in, which is pretty much standard in valet lots. This is a lot of space: FOR THE RELOCATION OF LOT LINES TO CREATE ONE LOT FROM TEN LOTS EXISTING IN EIGHT(8) OPA AC NUMBERS (2116-18, 2120, 2132,2124,2126, 2132,2134,2136).(SIZE AND LOCATION AS SHOWN ON THE APPLICATION)(PLANS FILED ON AP # 681653)

See the term stacking used here without lifts in regards to valet parking: "valet drivers park more vehicles in less space by stacking them in front of each other."
http://www.parking.org/2016/01/03/tp...et-operations/

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Yep. Or maybe they won't use the full 4 years. Back when they announced, they said planning would start in the next 12-18 months and starts would begin in the 2017-2019 timeframe. 2-year window. The permit period started running upon approval in May of 2016.
Yes, I agree. I think should the market stay strong, this will happen sooner than 4 years. They probably are saying 4 years to be safe - in case the market declines. Similar to Schuylkill Yards; should the market stay strong, I believe this will be built out in 10-15 years. They're saying 20 to be safe and account for any market downswings.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 3:27 PM

Also, the parking lot directly behind here on 21st Street was changed to a short term 5-year permit. I think that would mean they would be looking to develop or sell the lot for development.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
I'm thinking too that to get 121 spaces they don't need those NY-style parking lifts. I think the term stacking just means that cars are arranged in such a way that the valet may need to shuffle a car or two to retrieve one that is blocked in, which is pretty much standard in valet lots. This is a lot of space: FOR THE RELOCATION OF LOT LINES TO CREATE ONE LOT FROM TEN LOTS EXISTING IN EIGHT(8) OPA AC NUMBERS (2116-18, 2120, 2132,2124,2126, 2132,2134,2136).(SIZE AND LOCATION AS SHOWN ON THE APPLICATION)(PLANS FILED ON AP # 681653)

See the term stacking used here without lifts in regards to valet parking: "valet drivers park more vehicles in less space by stacking them in front of each other."
http://www.parking.org/2016/01/03/tp...et-operations/
Yes, perhaps that's right.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Yes, I agree. I think should the market stay strong, this will happen sooner than 4 years. They probably are saying 4 years to be safe - in case the market declines. Similar to Schuylkill Yards; should the market stay strong, I believe this will be built out in 10-15 years. They're saying 20 to be safe and account for any market downswings.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Unlike some developers, Brandywine does appear to be able to handle a few projects at once. They had FMC and 1919 Market going up at the same time.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 4:28 PM

^^Yep. Which is why I believe they start the first tower in Schuylkill Yards, then start this tower.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 4:34 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Unlike some developers, Brandywine does appear to be able to handle a few projects at once. They had FMC and 1919 Market going up at the same time.
And the Stock Exchange Building renovation too.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 2:08 AM

12/20/2016

Garage is being demolished

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 2:09 PM

If this gets built to the designs posted on the first page, it may end up being one of my favorite projects. The design is completely unique to Philadelphia and the height/location will have a massive impact on the skyline. I wouldn't want too many abstract buildings going up, but the one will make for a beautiful contrast with the surrounding landscape.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals