Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

2100 Market Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwelt View Post

A photoshop cut & paste to give a rough impression on how this building would look from the southern vantage points.

In image heights on 2100, CITC, and the W should be fairly accurate.
Great job.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 4:48 AM

Quote:

A photoshop cut & paste to give a rough impression on how this building would look from the southern vantage points.

Stubble.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Nice mockup. The 1911 Walnut project, which looks like reality and is rumored to be 560', will fill the gap that should have been filled with 1919 Market but wasn't.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 5:14 AM
OG from the L.B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbot View Post
Nice mockup. The 1911 Walnut project, which looks like reality and is rumored to be 560', will fill the gap that should have been filled with 1919 Market but wasn't.
Good point. I should go back and add 1911. Though at 560, it's almost exactly the same height as the Commerce Square twins. It will fill the gap, but not add any height variance to that stretch of Market Street.

On another note, since I posted the last rendering I've been working on a northwest view.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 11:56 AM
Hello

Great job on the renderings Eigenwelt and boxbot.

"ATTROCIOUS WASTE OF A DEVELOPMENT PARCEL THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED"

Old Posted Oct 18, 2015, 2:18 PM

Great job Eigenwelt!

Also, SLS at nearly 600 ft - across the street from the Symphony House will look very large - just to the right of City Hall when viewed from the southern skyline photo.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 12:29 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
Great job Eigenwelt!

Also, SLS at nearly 600 ft - across the street from the Symphony House will look very large - just to the right of City Hall when viewed from the southern skyline photo.
I just hope the SLS still gets off the ground. The SLS is my favorite proposal which has not broken ground yet. It's "my own, personal, Mandeville Place".

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 3:59 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Love the new design of the 500'

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 4:30 PM

First Look: Brandywine’s Plans For 2100 Market

Quote:
Earlier this month, Skyscraper Page’s band of development nerds managed to do the impossible and out-scoop the Philadelphia Business Journal–they leaked preliminary site plans and renderings of Brandywine Realty Trust’s plan for the 2100 Market site. And the plan is a marvel: a continuation of the developer’s forward-thinking architecture from the shard Cira and FMC towers.

The architects, NBBJ, are among New York’s best, with a large and diverse body of work, including a major Amazon.com tri-sphere biodome project planned for Seattle’s Denny Triangle neighborhood to major sports stadiums like good ol’ Lincoln Financial Field, the renovation of Pauley Pavillion at UCLA, and the massive Hangzhou Olympic Sports Center on the Qian Tang riverfront in China.

At 2100 Market, the main development challenge is a firehouse a third of the way down the block–an ill-fitting, low-slung garage that nevertheless provides a necessary civic service, and one City officials aren’t interested in relocating. Any proposal for this block must, therefore, work around it. Brandywine offers an interesting solution: cantilever the offices above the firehouse, thereby integrating the single-story structure into the high-rise fabric marching down the street.

From there, the proposal continues its simple, but effective strategy. The fundamentally boxy design is broken up by offset amenity floors–one between the retail and the offices, one above the offices, and one halfway up the residential portion. A collaborative area in the middle of the office floors is defined by cutouts as well.
http://hiddencityphila.org/2015/10/f...r-2100-market/

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
First Look: Brandywine’s Plans For 2100 Market

http://hiddencityphila.org/2015/10/f...r-2100-market/
Yup, the "development nerds."

Old Posted Oct 30, 2015, 11:24 PM
Hello

Why does he say that Skyscraper Page’s band of development nerds managed to do the impossible? You nerds out-scoop most local news outlets all of the time.

This IS the place to go for development news.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 2:34 AM

Ask him SJPhillyBoy. He's one of our regular posters....

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 4:49 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjv007 View Post
Yup, the "development nerds."
I heard through the grapevine that the writer is also a development nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJBadger View Post
Ask him SJPhillyBoy. He's one of our regular posters....
But what if ... he's something ...

more?

le gasp

teasing is fun

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 5:13 AM

You are too funny Hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 11:34 AM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
But what if ... he's something ...

more?

le gasp

teasing is fun
If he is one of our regular posters than he is something more.

Is it nice for a nerd to call a nerd a nerd?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbot View Post

How F*cking cool is this city? Look at how we have row homes directly abutting skyscrapers. Its amazing! We have a community and a city where people can be downtown in a metropolis while still fully owning their own structure. Many other cities, you need to choose between living downtown in a condo/apartment/co-op or buying your own home outside of the hustle and bustle. If you want your own structure to call home in these cities, you are forced to pay for a million dollar building. Across greater center city, there are tons of affordable homes....its amazing. What we need to do to continue this style of philly living is to line every major cooridor with zoning that requires density, retail, and unlimited height while preserving these amazing pockets of row homes. Imagine a future where broad, market, washington, girard, spring garden, etc etc is filled with density while preserving the pockets of homes. I feel like the best areas of the city are those that don't have too many blocks of industrial buildings, too many tall, too many retail, too many apartments, too many homes. Neighborhoods that only have row homes feel like an urban suburb! Breaking it up by making pockets of row homes not too far from main corridors is just so nice.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2015, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeguy View Post
How F*cking cool is this city? Look at how we have row homes directly abutting skyscrapers. Its amazing! We have a community and a city where people can be downtown in a metropolis while still fully owning their own structure. Many other cities, you need to choose between living downtown in a condo/apartment/co-op or buying your own home outside of the hustle and bustle. If you want your own structure to call home in these cities, you are forced to pay for a million dollar building. Across greater center city, there are tons of affordable homes....its amazing. What we need to do to continue this style of philly living is to line every major cooridor with zoning that requires density, retail, and unlimited height while preserving these amazing pockets of row homes. Imagine a future where broad, market, washington, girard, spring garden, etc etc is filled with density while preserving the pockets of homes. I feel like the best areas of the city are those that don't have too many blocks of industrial buildings, too many tall, too many retail, too many apartments, too many homes. Neighborhoods that only have row homes feel like an urban suburb! Breaking it up by making pockets of row homes not too far from main corridors is just so nice.
^This! You summarized my love for this city PERFECTLY! I grew up in the City and Delaware County, plan to move to the City full-time after graduating college and grad school (hopefully Wharton, Fox, or LeBow), and staying here for as long as possible. I have been to many cities across the US and world, from New York to Atlanta to Seattle to Paris. Philly is a very special place.

By 2035 (when I will turn 40), I envision Market West fully saturated with development. Market East will have undergone significant redevelopment. Market, Chestnut, and Walnut will have various department stores. The the east bank of the Schuylkill River will have condos and apartments lining the trail. East Arch, Race and Vine Streets will eventually take to the sky, as will all of Logan Square. The Delaware Riverfront will be an even bigger tourist destination. Spring Garden, Girard, and Washington Avenue will have significantly dense residential development. North Broad will be just as prestigious as South Broad (at least from City Hall to Temple's campus). Hopefully, transit expansion (especially subways) will come into play. Finally, the capping of SEPTA's Powelton Yard and Amtrak's Penn Coach Yard will be about 5 years out from development.

Hopefully, the Philly I envision, will be the Philly that I will be celebrating my 40th birthday in!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2016, 2:44 AM

I would have to agree with Eigenwelt's oppinion. More should have bee done with that site.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 4:40 PM
Arch. Engineer+Developer

Any updates on this?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch+Eng View Post
Any updates on this?
Not yet. Patience young Jedi.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals