HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

One Bayfront Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 29, 2017, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
The residential component I think helps. Couple of super talls in the pipeline. We just need them to start rising.
Which do you think goes first, this or 1BCC ?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2017, 1:38 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Which do you think goes first, this or 1BCC ?
Swire has yet to announce a timeline for 1BCC but I do think it has the best shot of being built versus Bayfront. This project (bayfront) from a timeline perspective has been a long one and questionable in its optimism. If I were investing in Bayfront, it's risky. Not predictable.

Swire has a good reputation of getting things done. Phase III will be a mixed used as well, and it can feed off of the other two phases in terms of the jobs and demand for hotel that it will bring. Location is a bit better too which will aid the residential aspect plus success means something. Phase 1 is great in terms of sales.

I'ma go with 1BCC. Both these towers or projects look like 2019/2020 is in the books, but Swire is a tad notch better than Tibor Hollo. He thinks big, no doubt, but timeline wise, he's slow.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2017, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Swire has yet to announce a timeline for 1BCC but I do think it has the best shot of being built versus Bayfront. This project (bayfront) from a timeline perspective has been a long one and questionable in its optimism. If I were investing in Bayfront, it's risky. Not predictable.

Swire has a good reputation of getting things done. Phase III will be a mixed used as well, and it can feed off of the other two phases in terms of the jobs and demand for hotel that it will bring. Location is a bit better too which will aid the residential aspect plus success means something. Phase 1 is great in terms of sales.

I'ma go with 1BCC. Both these towers or projects look like 2019/2020 is in the books, but Swire is a tad notch better than Tibor Hollo. He thinks big, no doubt, but timeline wise, he's slow.
I agree and will be a little surprised if 1BCC is not underway by next year.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2017, 3:59 AM
Meh

Cool design. I really like the vertical lines and the contrast. Just one thing. It looks a bit like a urinal. lol

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jun 29, 2017, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Cool design. I really like the vertical lines and the contrast. Just one thing. It looks a bit like a urinal. lol
NOOOOO! I can't un-see that now.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 1:02 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

92-Story One Bayfront Plaza Will Have Observation Deck, Nearly 1,200 Studios

Quote:
Florida East Coast Realty has submitted plans for the One Bayfront Plaza to include lots of small apartments and an observation deck on top.

Miami’s Urban Development Review Board is scheduled to review the proposal on July 19, designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox Architects and ODP Architects.

The tower will have an unusually high count of studio apartments. In total, 1,361 rental units are planned on levels 35-90:

1,197 studio
108 one-bedroom
56 two-bedroom
A representative of the developer told the SFBJ that studio units are in high demand in Miami, which is why they decided to include so many of them. The studios will average 600 square feet.

The lower levels of the tower include 534,379 square feet of office space, 101,650 square feet of retail, 200 hotel rooms, and 2,117 parking spaces.

An 8,000 square foot observation deck is planned on level 92. Guests will have a view of Miami from the tallest building in the city, at 1,049 feet above sea level.

Construction is set to begin in January 2019 and will take 40 months to complete.
==================
NXT

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 4:10 AM

^ Great to hear that there will finally be a observation deck !
Although a 8,000 square foot deck doesn't seem very large.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 2:47 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

92-story downtown tower OK’d for Miami’s skyline

Quote:
A sleek glass tower packed with amenities and mixed uses is ready to make a lasting impression on Miami’s skyline. In doing so, One Bayfront Plaza would capture the prize as the tallest building in Florida, 1,049 feet.
The city’s Urban Development Review Board recommended approval July 19 of a revised plan for the high-profile site in the heart of downtown.
Board members were taken by its style.

“It’s the most beautiful building I’ve seen presented to this board,” said member Fidel Perez. “Congratulations. When it’s built, it will bring Miami to a different level. Job well done.”

Acting Board Chairman Dean Lewis called the project “very sculptural.”
One Bayfront Plaza is to rise 92 stories with 1,361 residences, 100 hotel rooms, 534,379 square feet of offices, 101,650 square feet of retail, 27,500 square feet of exhibition/banquet area, and 8,000 square feet of observation deck/retail.

An abutting garage for up to 2,117 cars is also planned, along with three swimming pools, a pedestrian passage, and the hope of an elevated walkway linked to Metromover’s Bayfront Park Station.
The 2.5 acres at 100 S Biscayne Blvd. take up the entire block between Southeast First and Second streets and Southeast Third Avenue on its western edge.

Board members asked when developer Florida East Coast Realty hopes to start building.

Jerome Hollo, executive vice president, said it will probably be early 2019 before all needed permits are lined up and, after that, construction is expected to take 48 to 52 months.

Mr. Hollo said the company is open to start earlier. “If we can push it, we’d love to push it.”

Work by project architect William C. Louie of Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates includes the mixed-use former Espirito Santo Plaza, completed in 2004. The 1.2 million-square-foot, 35-story tower is home to the Conrad Miami Hotel, luxury residences, and was headquarters of now-defunct Espirito Santo Bank.
In a letter to the city, attorney Vicky Leiva, representing the developer, detailed the history of the downtown site.

The city issued a major use special permit for One Bayfront Plaza in 2007 under prior zoning. At that time, the project consisted of two large towers with additional floor area.

“The applicant now seeks to modify the previously approved project to provide an enhanced design in closer compliance with Miami 21 [zoning] that will reduce the overall floor lot ratio of the project, create enhanced view corridors, a more activated pedestrian realm, direct and more ample access to Biscayne Boulevard, more open spaces, and other elements consistent with the purpose and intent of Miami 21,” Ms. Leiva wrote.

The enhanced design starts by significantly reducing the podium’s height and replacing it with a lower two-tiered podium. The lowered podium is partially accommodated by adding basement parking.

While retail originally fronted First and Second streets and Biscayne Boulevard, the new proposal adds Third Avenue retail frontage.
The modification also creates a pedestrian passage, aligned with Biscayne Boulevard, through the project from First to Second street, Ms. Leiva said.
“It’s a great development,” Mr. Lewis said. “I look forward to seeing it built.”
============================
http://www.miamitodaynews.com/2017/0...iamis-skyline/

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 2:58 PM

Good news!

Old Posted Jul 29, 2017, 8:30 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The confidence level in this project is high. I know we always debate on which super tall will rise first, and originally, I was for the CCC towers, but given the recent crappy news regarding that, Bayfront might be the winner.

An observation deck is a nice perk.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 3:00 PM

Any news on this? Have they found an anchor tenant?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 3:35 PM

So... has this thing started?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 11:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Any news on this? Have they found an anchor tenant?
Not at the moment. Remember that this is a mixed used, so its residential + hotel + a commercial aspect to it. Pre-sales alone for the apartments and a committed hotel tenant would be enough to get it rolling. Its only 500-550k sq ft of office, which will fill up. I wouldn't worry about the office portion as the nail in the coffin. HAD this been purely office, I'd say oh boy, but the other building functions help its probability; especially residential/hotel.

By 2019, this should start to see steel.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 11:03 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Forumer View Post
So... has this thing started?
No not yet lol. You need to read the material being posted.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Not at the moment. Remember that this is a mixed used, so its residential + hotel + a commercial aspect to it. Pre-sales alone for the apartments and a committed hotel tenant would be enough to get it rolling. Its only 500-550k sq ft of office, which will fill up. I wouldn't worry about the office portion as the nail in the coffin. HAD this been purely office, I'd say oh boy, but the other building functions help its probability; especially residential/hotel.

By 2019, this should start to see steel.
Thank you. It's a beautiful proposed tower and would be a wonderful addition to the Miami skyline.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 3:40 PM

There is still an existing office building on the site that would need to be demo-ed first.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
There is still an existing office building on the site that would need to be demo-ed first.
Right! They had to be demolished it first and then they will build it.

So please be patient. Give it a time.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 10:06 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The only negative I can think of is the 2,117 car slots for this development that will occur. That's a lot of extra vehicles on the road in an already saturated area. Sure you can say that the occupancy of the building might not be 100% at all times, but thats still IMO a lot of vehicles or potential ones.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 1:58 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

What’s the view of Miami like from 1,000 feet? You may soon find out

Quote:
One thousand feet: For builders aspiring to put a gargantuan architectural exclamation mark on the Miami skyline, piercing past that symbolic pinnacle has long been an elusive grail.

Now the on-again, off-again race to the top appears to be very much on again — though no one’s quite owning up to it yet.

After years of planning, several so-called “supertall” downtown towers appear closer than ever to actually breaking ground. About the only question now is, who’ll be first?

One developer, Property Markets Group, has quietly filed plans with the city for a 1,036-foot hotel and condo tower on Biscayne Boulevard that the developers say will be the tallest residential building south of New York City.

[...]

A third, Florida East Coast Realty’s Tibor Hollo, is the current local titleholder. His Panorama tower topped off earlier this year at 849 feet — 868 feet if you count a tower at the top — to become Miami’s current tallest. That’s still short of official supertall status, which is generally accepted to start at 980 feet.

Hollo might next follow up by also claiming the first-to-1,000-feet championship belt. His FECR has not just one, but two supertall buildings on the CAD (Computer Assisted Design) board that reach up to 1,049 feet, each complete with planning approvals and, Hollo says, financing.

[...]

For his part, Hollo downplays any notion that he’s striving to be the first to go sky-high. He noted he’s been working on plans for several years, since before the condo-construction recovery that appears to be winding down again. FECR might break ground on its towers in 2018, but more likely in 2019, he said.

[...]
=======================
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...185662753.html

Old Posted Nov 25, 2017, 8:22 AM

^ One Bayfront Plaza has been on the proposed list for over a decade now.
Hollo has owned the property for decades now and has yet to break ground.
I will believe it when I see it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals