HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Feb 2, 2010, 1:16 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrabbit View Post
That's not an interpretation - that is a citeless dictionary definition, and you are going to find the same elements of sky and horizon in just about every one that you pull up.
My point is that 'skyline' does not mean 'entire view of a city from very far away' just because you say that's what it is, and you also don't need to completely trash a conversation by posting two dozen photos that have already been posted. You really only needed two to make that point, I'm just suggesting a petite air of politeness to the other people in the conversation.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2010, 1:42 AM
Deerhoof Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGII View Post
My point is that 'skyline' does not mean 'entire view of a city from very far away' just because you say that's what it is.....
But that's not what I said.

What I said is that a skyline is "how the city appears on the horizon and from a distance."

Granted, the "from a distance" bit is overkill (already implied by "on the horizon") and I should have left it off.

-----

Quote:
.....(A)nd you also don't need to completely trash a conversation by posting two dozen photos that have already been posted. You really only needed two to make that point, I'm just suggesting a petite air of politeness to the other people in the conversation.
That statement is pretty rich, given this from you just a few posts earlier:
Quote:
The topic is dumb and vague to begin with. Who cares.

I posted the pics sequentially to avoid giving the impression that I was singling out any particular forumer for comment. No trash intended. But I've taken them down now in response to your post.

Last edited by wrab; Feb 2, 2010 at 1:57 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture