HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 11, 2020, 4:51 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Thank you!!!

Old Posted Sep 14, 2020, 11:45 PM
Nashville born and raised

This Oxblue cam gives a good view of the excavation for the Live at Nashville Yards entertainment district.

The buildings will line up like this...

It will be a spectacular addition to Nashville's urban fabric and it's 'Music City' brand.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 11:06 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
This Oxblue cam gives a good view of the excavation for the Live at Nashville Yards entertainment district.
This is fantastic, thank you! With my previous employer I was very involved with this project, so I would like to follow its progress.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2020, 2:14 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Vanderbilt's new 20-story tower certainly makes an impression.

Ahhh so this must be that "one vanderbilt" that everyone has been raving about

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2020, 7:28 PM

A piece of property at 11th and Broadway, like so many other properties throughout Nashville's extensive urban area, is being held for future development with all the existing buildings having been razed and the lot covered with gravel for temporary parking and staging for construction properties. The Highwoods Company out of Raleigh, bought the former TENNESSEAN newspaper HQ property and cleared it off. They are developing the currently under construction Asurion HQ on the northernmost part of the property.

They did reveal some sketchy renderings for development of the property, but those are already out of date as the Asurion Building was not shown (I added the massing of the Asurion HQ on the top right). I suppose they are waiting on the right situation to happen before they begin building any more projects. The renderings do give an indication of where their thinking is headed.

Some referenced pictures...(an early inaccurate massing diagram is included)

In this picture, you can see the former TENNESSEAN offices and where the Element Hotel will go. And there will also be the 20+ story Gibson Residences in that picture. The renderings were first posted on Urban Planet.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Sep 19, 2020 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Highwoods not Highland

Old Posted Sep 17, 2020, 6:00 PM

Can't wait to see. Hope it's something spectacular!

Old Posted Sep 18, 2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
Ahhh so this must be that "one vanderbilt" that everyone has been raving about
Right! Our local equivalent anyway.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 3:15 PM

Amazon 2

I posted a question (p189) about Amazon 2 floor count, based on faulty information from this link. I thought I found a surprise floor count addition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_in_Nashville

My new question is how much on that link is inaccurate?

For instance is One22one going to be 28 floors?

Hope that made sense!

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
This is fantastic, thank you! With my previous employer I was very involved with this project, so I would like to follow its progress.
Yes, I remember your heads up about the naming of a hotel brand. Is there anything you can say about the office and residential buildings going up? These developers sure don't upgrade the website or reveal much information. It still shows the original plan for the MGM Hotel. I'm sure they're just busy with other things.

It would be awesome if they could move the Grammys here to the 4,000 seat 'Venue' for at least one year. They were here once in the 70's. A view of the Venue and looking down the 'Paseo'.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 10:08 PM

Amazon 2 will be 24 floors and 385' tall. It is already underway and will be open in Q2 of 22. The company is already planning to break ground on their third tower across Church Street, which will be 42 floors and 650' tall, the tallest in the city.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 2:32 AM

Am2

This link says 26, where did you get 24?

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/per...tNumber%20DESC

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 2:32 AM

Looking east on West End in Midtown Nashville....the 25 story 2006 West End Apartments is in the foreground on the left, the Broadwest development is in the distance with the 22 story office topped out and the rising Conrad Residences and Hotel (to be 35 stories) just in front of the office tower. The crane on the right is for the 26 story Regent Apartments and a yet to be named 16 story hotel on Broadway.

Nashville's awesome midtown

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 3:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Amazon 2 will be 24 floors and 385' tall. It is already underway and will be open in Q2 of 22. The company is already planning to break ground on their third tower across Church Street, which will be 42 floors and 650' tall, the tallest in the city.
It's confusing to me. Some new renderings posted on the architect's site several months ago show an approximate 37 story building where tower 3 is proposed.

The Nashville Yards site is terrible in that a variety of proposals for tower 3 are shown without explanation including the 42 story proposal.

But right now, I'm going with the 37 story version but hoping for the 42 story version.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 9:17 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Is there anything you can say about the office and residential buildings going up?
When I left, they were still doing VE on the AEG/MGM project, but the fundamental design has not changed much. As for Phase II of AEG/MGM (the B and C parcels along 9th Ave), the last I saw was two or three office towers. I pushed for some residential, but it seemed no one was listening. I have little insight on the rest of Nashville Yards, though.

From a project standpoint, my understanding is that this portion is fully funded, but that doesn't mean the partners won't delay the project a bit due to current conditions. There is a lot of uncertainty in the hospitality and entertainment business. I hope it doesn't get delayed too much, but from what I'm seeing, the timeline looks to be behind from what it was when I was involved.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
When I left, they were still doing VE on the AEG/MGM project, but the fundamental design has not changed much. As for Phase II of AEG/MGM (the B and C parcels along 9th Ave), the last I saw was two or three office towers. I pushed for some residential, but it seemed no one was listening. I have little insight on the rest of Nashville Yards, though.

From a project standpoint, my understanding is that this portion is fully funded, but that doesn't mean the partners won't delay the project a bit due to current conditions. There is a lot of uncertainty in the hospitality and entertainment business. I hope it doesn't get delayed too much, but from what I'm seeing, the timeline looks to be behind from what it was when I was involved.
Thanks for the post. It would seem that residential would be prime property with Amazon across the street. Still, this one of my favorite projects as it will broaden Nashville's brand as Music City.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 1:16 AM

The RMR Group out of Newton, Mass. has submitted a request to the City to change the zoning of a truck stop property (16.557 ac.) to a mixed-used designation that will allow for construction of multiple buildings up to 30 stories. It would be directly across the Cumberland River from Downtown and possible provide the first high rises on the East Bank/East Nashville.

My card with images from the Metro planning Development Tracker...

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 3:26 PM

To me personally this is not the best news. I live in the Nashville metro area and have been ecstatic over the growth Nashville has experienced. Being born in the 50s, I remember when for years the LC tower was the focal point of downtown. Then we got the batman and again went though a long period of not much activity. Sometime during the Bredesen administration things really took off. Obviously the last several years have been phenomenal. However, in my opinion, the skyline is starting to flatten out. These clusters developing around the lower Broadway area ( SoBro, The Gulch, Midtown, etc.. and even The Yards ) are starting to pull the eye away from the center of downtown because we are sort of stuck in this range of medium tall buildings. My personal opinion is that Nashville needs to break the 700 to 800 foot barrier soon or it runs the risk of becoming SanDiego, Vancouver, etc... These are beautiful cities but moving around them you sort of lose the sense of their true depth of development because without those sky piercing towers like many cities have in the center I believe you lose that wow/majestic sort of feel that should exemplify the status due a large, important, city. Does anyone else agree, or do you think I am making something out of nothing? I hope that I live long enough to see the skyline pulled back to the center with one or two marquee structures. No disrespect to anyone meant to anyone living anywhere else intended.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 3:50 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanonthewall View Post
To me personally this is not the best news. I live in the Nashville metro area and have been ecstatic over the growth Nashville has experienced. Being born in the 50s, I remember when for years the LC tower was the focal point of downtown. Then we got the batman and again went though a long period of not much activity. Sometime during the Bredesen administration things really took off. Obviously the last several years have been phenomenal. However, in my opinion, the skyline is starting to flatten out. These clusters developing around the lower Broadway area ( SoBro, The Gulch, Midtown, etc.. and even The Yards ) are starting to pull the eye away from the center of downtown because we are sort of stuck in this range of medium tall buildings. My personal opinion is that Nashville needs to break the 700 to 800 foot barrier soon or it runs the risk of becoming SanDiego, Vancouver, etc... These are beautiful cities but moving around them you sort of lose the sense of their true depth of development because without those sky piercing towers like many cities have in the center I believe you lose that wow/majestic sort of feel that should exemplify the status due a large, important, city. Does anyone else agree, or do you think I am making something out of nothing? I hope that I live long enough to see the skyline pulled back to the center with one or two marquee structures. No disrespect to anyone meant to anyone living anywhere else intended.
Thanks for posting, and welcome! I think you'll find that Nashvillians here, on a website dedicated to the overall magnificence of the skyscraper itself, will surely agree with you that some more height would be a very, very welcome addition to the skyline. I do find it a bit bizarre that developers, outside of Tony G, seem to have some sort of irrational fear of breaking the 600 foot mark. So I'm certainly with you in hoping for more height in the future.

However, I don't think we should let our admiration for skyscrapers make us lose sight of what is really important. A nice skyline is fun to have. It makes for great postcards and aerial shots during sporting events. It gives you certain bragging rights and a bit of pride. But outside of that, what does it give you? Any benefit to increased height in the skyline is, let's face it, almost entirely superficial and aesthetic. Our desires for more height shouldn't take away our enthusiasm from a development like this. We're talking about three million square feet of high rise, mixed-use development that would be a MAJOR boost to the economy, provide jobs, and be a catalyst for future development on the East Bank. And at the end of the day, all of those things are far, FAR more important to the city's future than how it looks in a postcard, which, even without a supertall, still looks pretty damn nice.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 9, 2020, 9:36 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Going to 700', 800' or more is cost prohibitive right now. Developers are not "scared." It simply that the margins are too thin. Additionally, once you go over a certain height, new, post-9/11 regulations kick in terms of fire safety - which are costly and reduce rentable/sellable space.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2020, 12:42 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Going to 700', 800' or more is cost prohibitive right now. Developers are not "scared." It simply that the margins are too thin. Additionally, once you go over a certain height, new, post-9/11 regulations kick in terms of fire safety - which are costly and reduce rentable/sellable space.
You say "cost prohibitive," I say "scared to spend money"... potato/potato.

-Bob Marley

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations